• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supernova Nebula
    replied
    Re: Is it OK to think like this?

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    Allah almighty tells us how Man was created. There is a wisdom for it, he was created weak so he would be in a continuous state of need (to Allah). This is the notion of Worship, a slave needs his Master in all matters.

Ibrahim 'Alayh Asalam said :'
    قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (162) لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ (163) سورة الانعام
    162. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily, my (mankind, jinn and all that exists).
    163. "He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."
    Surat Al-An'am

Inorder to accomplish the previous we have to be weak, in need to our creator for if we were perfected and powerfull in means of being well off, we won't need Him for our affairs thus we won't worship.

jazakallahukhayr:up:

Leave a comment:

• afrasayab
    replied

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
    it is true, we are not angels.
    They worship him around the clock.

But, do you ever think, this is the way I like it best?
    That you wouldn't have it any other way?
    That the idea of mankind being weak is endearing and at times, something to warm to?

This is what I am asking.
    We always have something in our lives which bothers us, which brings us sorrow or pain in our lives, this is why we pray to Allah to change things and make it easier and better for us. There is a difference between praying for a change and being content with what Allah has put us through.

It is the very weakness of us that brings us Allah's mercy. Of course I pray for things to change, I dislike somethings in my life which could be different but how do I know that those are the very trials which if removed would take me to the doors of hell.

Leave a comment:

• ahmed_abdullah
    replied

I have even read somewhere that we go closer to Allah in salah, which is more closer than what angels get.

Leave a comment:

• Attiyah Abdul Hamid
    replied

Originally posted by Ali21 View Post
    Totally agree with you! Sometime I wish i was a Angel instead of a Human ;0(
    For the easiness or worship yes...
    But think of the feelin Allah gets when he sees us (his servents) praying to him and askin him...
    more rewarding i say... and i think its more rewarding as we choose to worship :love:

Leave a comment:

• SeekingIhsan
    replied

Allah is Al-Ghani & we are Faqeer - if we ask, we should ask from Him.

This reminds us that in reality, we deserve nothing for our actions - we are given the ability to do everything we do, by Allah.

Our worship is done with the body Allah has given us, our charity is given from the money Allah has given us & the list goes on.

Leave a comment:

• ahmed_abdullah
    replied

You know it is a good thing to like what Allah has liked.Allah liked to make humans weak and so we are made.So like or love what Allah likes or loves i.e. to make humans weak.

If you like the fact that humans are made weak by Allah then you are in true reality liking what Allah liked.Which is very good indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Ali21
    replied

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
    Mankind have faults, as we have free will... The only perfectly made are the angels, who worship allah all the time and have no sin :) they live to worship Allah
    Totally agree with you! Sometime I wish i was a Angel instead of a Human ;0(

Leave a comment:

• Attiyah Abdul Hamid
    replied

Originally posted by Sirius View Post

That the idea of mankind being weak is endearing and at times, something to warm to?

us being weak shows the strength in out imaan and how we stand in our deen...
    its a good thing...

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Supernova Nebula
    replied

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
    Mankind have faults, as we have free will... The only perfectly made are the angels, who worship allah all the time and have no sin :) they live to worship Allah
    Jazakillahukhayr, that's right:up:

Leave a comment:

• Attiyah Abdul Hamid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Supernova Nebula
    replied

Don't forget also that we are also given the free will, the freedom of choice, intellect, these are what make us humans and not angels (without free will) nor animals (without thinking faculty). It's common sense really. While we are asked to always improve ourselves due to our weak nature, it's also the very nature of men or humans to like something that is not full of weaknesses, less weakness, to strive for the best and to get the best if not perfect. Why put yourself in trouble, why ask for problems or risk yourself to settle for less when you are given the freedom to choose, to reflect, to think for the best? the choices and selections are plenty and not limited and as Muslims we are asked to base our judgment in our choice as per free will on Islamic guidance. It's not wise to make our weakness as an excuse or justification to keep on being weak lol.

While we are conditionally weak in nature, fundamentally we are also the best of creation, laqad kholaqnal insana lafi ahsani taqwim - human being was created in the best form.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    replied

Allah almighty tells us how Man was created. There is a wisdom for it, he was created weak so he would be in a continuous state of need (to Allah). This is the notion of Worship, a slave needs his Master in all matters.

Ibrahim 'Alayh Asalam said :'
    قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (162) لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ (163) سورة الانعام
    162. Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Verily, my (mankind, jinn and all that exists).
    163. "He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims."
    Surat Al-An'am

Inorder to accomplish the previous we have to be weak, in need to our creator for if we were perfected and powerfull in means of being well off, we won't need Him for our affairs thus we won't worship.

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    started a topic Is it OK to think like this?

Is it OK to think like this?

Asalamu alaykum,

I was having a discussion the other day with someone and thought to share it with you all.

Allah tells us in the Qur'an,
    ''... and man was created weak''
    4:28

I choose my words carefully when I ask ...
    Is this fact something to delight in?

Is it OK to actually be happy and inspired by this fact that mankind ( as a collective whole) are inherently weak and feeble...that we have limitations and we have wants, needs and desires.
    I mean if we were perfect, how could we appreciate perfection?

Have scholars spoken about this issue , they normally write books on everything there is.

N.B - I'm speaking of mankind as a whole,btw.

wasalam
Working...
X