No announcement yet.

As a guy, am I allowed to get cornrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a guy, am I allowed to get cornrows?

As a Muslim male, am I allowed to get cornrows?

Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: As a guy, am I allowed to get cornrows?

Dead locks and the like are not permissible, because when you have wudu' water doesn't reach all the hair also when being in a state of impurity.
    secondly it would be an act of imitating the Kufar which is not permissible.
    And Allah knows best
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Dreadlocks and cornrows are different. Cornrows are just tight braids. The wudu water would still reach your head (it might be easier) the only time it would be difficult is if you have to do ghusl. You'd have to take them out if you do that. Women get them all the time, it's not really copying the Kuffar.

I know it sounds really bad, but it's weird when a white guy has cornrows. :S
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
      [2:186]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        Dreadlocks and cornrows are different. Cornrows are just tight braids. The wudu water would still reach your head (it might be easier) the only time it would be difficult is if you have to do ghusl. You'd have to take them out if you do that. Women get them all the time, it's not really copying the Kuffar.

Ugly more like
        By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          Dead locks and the like are not permissible, because when you have wudu' water doesn't reach all the hair also when being in a state of impurity.
          secondly it would be an act of imitating the Kufar which is not permissible.
          And Allah knows best
          its just a type of braids its not dreadlocks, didnt rasoolAllah :saw: braid his hair in 4 braids, two behind the ears and two in front ?
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Reptile View Post
            Ugly more like
            so black ppl are the only ones who can look good with braids ? and white ppl look ugly ? if this is the way u speak in front of the white folks i dread to think what goes on when we`re not around, if ur going to make comments like that, at least have the decency to slag us off behind our backs.
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

I don't think you'd look nice with those kind of cornrows wolfn, I also think it looks a bit ugly when a white man has them because the texture of their hair is usually soft or straight and it makes the scalp in between really visible and it looks a bit bald. ETA ur native american so maybe ur hair is thicker?

The thicker the hair the better it looks.
              Last edited by Asma-SE; 23-06-10, 06:03 PM.
              "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
              Al Hijr: 47

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                so black ppl are the only ones who can look good with braids ? and white ppl look ugly ? if this is the way u speak in front of the white folks i dread to think what goes on when we`re not around, if ur going to make comments like that, at least have the decency to slag us off behind our backs.
                But I do say it to white folk :scratch: Am I not suppose to?....if you're use to seeing something, it's weird when you see it on something else. It doesn't mean I'm slagging white people, it just means I'm not use to seeing cornrows on white people because black people are the ones who usually have them.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."

Comment

Originally posted by Asma-SE View Post
                  I don't think you'd look nice with those kind of cornrows wolfn, I also think it looks a bit ugly when a white man has them because the texture of their hair is usually soft or straight and it makes the scalp in between really visible and it looks a bit bald.
                  theres no difference

http://www.phijhe.com/wp-content/hai...den-braids.jpg

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Well dread no more, I speak my mind freely I don't hold anything back, its a subjective, and I have every right to voice that opinion, its less obvious on darker skin so its not pronounced as much
                    By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

But I do say it to white folk :scratch: Am I not suppose to?....if you're use to seeing something, it's weird when you see it on something else. It doesn't mean I'm slagging white people, it just means I'm not use to seeing cornrows on white people because black people are the ones who usually have them.
                      is it weird when u see black girls with long straight hair sewn on their heads ? are they looking ugly to you ?

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Its not 'slagging them off' and its not coz black people usually have them. Even black women with thin hair dont look good with cornrows lol it just happens to be a fact of life that usually white people have softer hair. I don't think white women look nice with afro's or that black men look nice with relaxed hair *shudders* doesn't mean your slagging them off. Its the hair not the face lol
                        "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."

Comment

No difference between who? They dont suit david beckham coz his hair is too thin, the thinner the hair the larger the gaps between the cornrows look so u end up looking bald.

Comment

is it weird when u see black girls with long straight hair sewn on their heads ? are they looking ugly to you ?
                            You mean weaves? If so, then yea I think it's weird. If it's just straight, then I don't see the problem. Black hair isn't only curly, my cousin has natural wavy/straight hair.

Comment

there u have it bro wolfn according to the black folk - your the wrong race for this hairstyle your hair and you, is just too white. next time u see a black girl with straightened hair make sure to tell her how ugly she looks, cos thats a white hairstyle *rolleyes*
                              Last edited by *asiya*; 23-06-10, 07:15 PM.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X