Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2 Wheels

Originally posted by Khuram_2k? View Post
    im changin my bike inshAllah after ramadan, still not sure what to get yet, had a test ride on a ducati 848 today and wow what a bike, im very tempted but everyone is telling me to just stick with the japs, my look at r1 or gsxr750
    :shock: !! All three are pretty amazing, but you're moving over to a bigger fully faired sports? might make commuting on it a bit harder through traffic no? I'd have to take the Ducati or the R1 for 'cool' factor lol but the gsxr750 is meant to be the best of both worlds? performance and practicality. How bout a fireblade?

Originally posted by Musti94 View Post
    Salaam Akhi's ive just turned 16 , im looking to get a 50cc at first I was thinking DNA Gilera but its hard to find a decent one so ill just go for anything which is good quality even a moped, do you have any advice?
    Mustafeez
    Yea Id recommend same as Khuram, either a speedfight scooter (if you can hack riding a scooter!), or go for a rs50, is a proper bike, looks like one, just doesnt sound like one :P Itll only be for a year though right? Once your 17 you can move onto a 125 and then full licence.
    "If I was going to meet my new wedded wife on my wedding night, or you would give me news I had a new born son. It would not give me the same satisfaction as sitting in a tent on a cold night thinking of tactics on how to ambush my enemy."
    Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

ye im lookin at the fireblade now, gona book a test ride tomorrow. all of a sudden the new fireblade seems more appealing to me than all the others i was thinking about. slipper clutch is standard which is really appealing to me. the only thing that puts me off a bit is im already a fast rider and if given a fireblade etc. im going to be pushing my luck a bit.

i dont do commuting on bikes so im not so bothered about that but i wana do some touring after i change my ride.
      Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

ye im lookin at the fireblade now, gona book a test ride tomorrow. all of a sudden the new fireblade seems more appealing to me than all the others i was thinking about. slipper clutch is standard which is really appealing to me. the only thing that puts me off a bit is im already a fast rider and if given a fireblade etc. im going to be pushing my luck a bit.
        In that case, you need a 'busa ! Turbocharged one if you can find it lol. You know you want to...!
        "If I was going to meet my new wedded wife on my wedding night, or you would give me news I had a new born son. It would not give me the same satisfaction as sitting in a tent on a cold night thinking of tactics on how to ambush my enemy."
        Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

I don't know much about bikes, but I've seen some that scream like f1 cars and you can hear them from miles away, which ones are those?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
          www.QuranicAudio.com
          www.Quran.com

Comment

Thanks bros, I was looking at the rs50 but is hard to find a decent one which is not derestricted, but tomorrow im going with my dad to look at some bikes inshallah, anyone seen the SR50 its the RS50 but in a moped shape I think that will be perfect?
            Mustafeez

Comment

And the experience of riding a bike is much different than a scooter, and speedfight sounds cheesy.

Comment

naw bro the busa's aint for me, too much power and too big for my size. iv also booked a test ride in for a 1098. i think its gona be between 1098 and the fireblade in the end. by the way wat are u ridin?
                Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                  I don't know much about bikes, but I've seen some that scream like f1 cars and you can hear them from miles away, which ones are those?
                  Anything over 600cc with a loud exhaust really and they are flooring it. Its mainly because F1 car and bikes have the same rev range 0 - ~20k rpm

Originally posted by Musti94 View Post
                  Thanks bros, I was looking at the rs50 but is hard to find a decent one which is not derestricted, but tomorrow im going with my dad to look at some bikes inshallah, anyone seen the SR50 its the RS50 but in a moped shape I think that will be perfect?
                  Mustafeez
                  The SR50 is a twist and go? if so, keep looking for an RS50!

naw bro the busa's aint for me, too much power and too big for my size. iv also booked a test ride in for a 1098. i think its gona be between 1098 and the fireblade in the end. by the way wat are u ridin?
                  My current bike is identical to this except the exhaust, a CBR 600 F-sport (F4i in the US)

But I haven't been able to ride the past month due to a sports injury and Im not allowed to ride for the next few weeks till Im recovered enough which is annoying as the weathers been so good recently! But ill probably keep this till the end of next summer then look to changing. Probably still stick with 600s though for the next few years, a bit more practical than a 1000 cos I use it for commuting on good days and the car on rubbish days and winter.

Hhmm though I love the colour schemes of the Hondas, you cant really turn down a Ducati! Sounds quite amazing too.
                  Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Nuh AMW View Post
                    Anything over 600cc with a loud exhaust really and they are flooring it. Its mainly because F1 car and bikes have the same rev range 0 - ~20k rpm
                    I know what you mean, but I heard some really loud ones, you couldn't tell they were bikes - no chain noise

what the highest rev limit on bikes?

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                    www.QuranicAudio.com
                    www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                      I know what you mean, but I heard some really loud ones, you couldn't tell they were bikes - no chain noise

what the highest rev limit on bikes?
                      something like this?:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBQYqG4Txz0&NR=1

Different types of bikes make different sounds based on their engine configuration, typically sports bikes have an inline 4 cylinder config with about 18k rev limit, while other types have for eg a v-twin engine (harleys and ducatis etc) with a lower rev limit.

The inline 4 sportsbikes will usually make the F1 high pitched tone, while the v-twins will normally make a LOUD earthquake type rumble, like a thunderstorm is approaching lol.
                      Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

my current bike is very loud when it revs over 3.5k, the reliability on the ducati's kind of puts me off a bit and the seating position, not a bike you can do some touring on.

Comment

something like this?:

Different types of bikes make different sounds based on their engine configuration, typically sports bikes have an inline 4 cylinder config with about 18k rev limit, while other types have for eg a v-twin engine (harleys and ducatis etc) with a lower rev limit.

The inline 4 sportsbikes will usually make the F1 high pitched tone, while the v-twins will normally make a LOUD earthquake type rumble, like a thunderstorm is approaching lol.
                          f1 cars scream bro. if your lucky enough to have attended a race day or practise day the sound can deafen you :)

Comment

something like this?:

thats it yh :up:, didn't know bikes could rev to 18K - how long do the engines last?

www.QuranicAudio.com
                            www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                              f1 cars scream bro. if your lucky enough to have attended a race day or practise day the sound can deafen you :)
                              the sound is ridiculous - I've not heard anything louder, yh you get people who act the hero by standing next to the barriers with no ear protection

www.QuranicAudio.com
                              www.Quran.com

Comment

lol F1 cars are obviously louder than road bikes, they dont have de-cat pipes or mufflers in the exhaust which dampen out the sound, and their engines are VERY highly tuned, F1 engines arent designed to last more than 1-2 races, if they do last longer, then they werent tuned enough lol.
                                Bike engines last a lot longer, I've seen some touring bikes and couriers do 100k+ miles! Just need to be maintained regularly.
                                Khalid ibn al-Waleed.

Comment

Working...
                                X