• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenicca
    replied
    Re: 2 Wheels

Originally posted by Reptile View Post
    And ducati's! ah weep more then anything I love the sound it makes, insha'allah I'm going take the test and just pass, and maybe if I'm in a deserted road somewhere in the midwest I'll ride off into the sunset lol
    heeey my kinda sister, oh yeah, can i come.....

btw ive never actually even driven a bike, but would love to, but knowing me id get my abayah all mangled up in it knowing me

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

are sisters allowed in this thread?

I wanna drive a Harley......now how cool would that be?

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix CG
    replied

loll when i started driving after motorbike, i was reckless, i drove like i rode the bike, revving, taking over cars etc, but i calmed down big time.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Nuh AMW
    replied

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
    heres how i see it, 125, good for around town anything more and its a pain, 600cc off road like a tenere good for adventure riding and getting around, 1000cc+ superbike good for track, touring good for motorway and getting around long distances if you have to.

If i was going to get another bike it would be the tenere, but from now it looks like its goign to have to be cars, but I have my eye on a high revving honda s2000 :p so a bit of a motorbike touch there.
    actually maybe because you live in london you prefer the 125s cos they are more suited to that terrain? but outside of london, 125s are just way to slow to get around on the bigger longer roads. man dont go back to fast cars after you've been on a bike!! your going backwards :P

lol Khuram, check this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r-1t6D5E6U
    looks really fun and those two guys are good ... but I think they've got a death wish! would love to try it though

I have a Yamaha 650 V-Star, no idea what it is called where you are. I would not get another cruiser style bike. Once I finish Grad School it is going to be replaced; probably by a Suzuki V-Strom (yse, the marketing types go overboard with their Vs').

Where I am it is possible to get a license without taking the class. However, when I asked what percentage pass the challenge (to challenge; or prove you already have the necessary skills, without the class) the person at DMV was quite proud of the fact that, "no one passes." So I took the class, it was two weekends.

While I am currently in a cruiser I do not wear a pirate costume (reference to the black leather "biker" outfit). I wear a modern, all weather, one-piece riding suit. Not only does a good suit protect in the case of a unscheduled dismount, it also protects from weather and road debris; it is, altogether, a more comfortable way to ride.
    yea we have a lot of v-stroms in the UK and here you can take the test without taking classes, its a lot cheaper and quite a lot of people pass, I passed without taking classes, but I was riding for sometime before my test. hows the set up of the test where you are?
    also, leather is meant to be the best protection whilst riding, only that its not waterproof :S nor is it cool in the summer!

Leave a comment:

• Robert C
    replied

I have a Yamaha 650 V-Star, no idea what it is called where you are. I would not get another cruiser style bike. Once I finish Grad School it is going to be replaced; probably by a Suzuki V-Strom (yse, the marketing types go overboard with their Vs').

Where I am it is possible to get a license without taking the class. However, when I asked what percentage pass the challenge (to challenge; or prove you already have the necessary skills, without the class) the person at DMV was quite proud of the fact that, "no one passes." So I took the class, it was two weekends.

While I am currently in a cruiser I do not wear a pirate costume (reference to the black leather "biker" outfit). I wear a modern, all weather, one-piece riding suit. Not only does a good suit protect in the case of a unscheduled dismount, it also protects from weather and road debris; it is, altogether, a more comfortable way to ride.

Leave a comment:

• Khuram_2k?
    replied

i dont think youll get the full benefits of a tenere in this country unless you do alot of touring etc. supermoto seem to be alot more fun. always wanted one.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix CG
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Nuh AMW View Post
    ok true but any smaller engined bike is going to have better mpg than bigger bikes.

Actually your right, different bikes are designed for diff reasons for diff people, i prefer sports cos of the 0-150 acceleration/sound/looks, but I wouldnt mind riding a dirt bike on some off road track, does look fun indeed.
    heres how i see it, 125, good for around town anything more and its a pain, 600cc off road like a tenere good for adventure riding and getting around, 1000cc+ superbike good for track, touring good for motorway and getting around long distances if you have to.

If i was going to get another bike it would be the tenere, but from now it looks like its goign to have to be cars, but I have my eye on a high revving honda s2000 :p so a bit of a motorbike touch there.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Nuh AMW
    replied

and better mpg, ive been on my mates superbike they're nice but the riding position is more dangerous than a dirt bike, there is that top speed thrill but i think the best are off road and touring
    ok true but any smaller engined bike is going to have better mpg than bigger bikes.

Actually your right, different bikes are designed for diff reasons for diff people, i prefer sports cos of the 0-150 acceleration/sound/looks, but I wouldnt mind riding a dirt bike on some off road track, does look fun indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix CG
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Nuh AMW View Post
    lol. bro the only advantage the 125 has over bigger bikes is that it can filter thru traffic a lot easier!
    and better mpg, ive been on my mates superbike they're nice but the riding position is more dangerous than a dirt bike, there is that top speed thrill but i think the best are off road and touring

Leave a comment:

• Abu Nuh AMW
    replied

just something to note, on my xr I have beaten big super bikes in London, dirt bikes kick ass.

lol. bro the only advantage the 125 has over bigger bikes is that it can filter thru traffic a lot easier!

Leave a comment:

• *-Layla-*
    replied

Originally posted by Khuram_2k? View Post
    yer i got 2 bikes. z750 and a zx6r :D didnt have to ask my parents the second time if i could get a bike, they allowed me to straight away. bike is toooooo much fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDGfaRF_zo thats me on the red bike at 0:35 from wednesday
    khuraaam yewra neeek jheeze marn :)

Leave a comment:

• *-Layla-*
    replied

khuraaam yewra neeek jheeze marn :)

Leave a comment:

• Reptile
    replied

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    well..ok
    :rotfl:

Leave a comment:

• Khuram_2k?
    replied

yer i got 2 bikes. z750 and a zx6r :D didnt have to ask my parents the second time if i could get a bike, they allowed me to straight away. bike is toooooo much fun.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDGfaRF_zo thats me on the red bike at 0:35 from wednesday

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix CG
    replied

just something to note, on my xr I have beaten big super bikes in London, dirt bikes kick ass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X