Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halaal or Haraam earnings??

Asalaamu alaikum warahmatullaah wabarakaatuh

Recently I have been through an agency and they have offered me a part time position for WHsmith, and I have been through the interview processes and Alhamdulilaah I became successful in attaining. But when I actuallay visited the store for the last part of the set of interviews, I realised that they weren't selling just books, thus causing many doubts to fall into my mind, this store was very much like a newsagent only difference is instead of selling alcohol they sell books. I just wanted to know is this earning Halaal or Haraam?

Please reply, JazakaAllaahu khair
    [CENTER][COLOR="red"]It is reported that Anas b. Mâlik was asked about people who drop unconscious when the Quran is recited to them. He said, “That is the behavior of the Khawârij.”[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Re: Halaal or Haraam earnings??

Walikum Assalaam

I Dont Think Its Haraam As It Dont Sell Alchol It Sells Suppiles :S
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
      Walikum Assalaam

I Dont Think Its Haraam As It Dont Sell Alchol It Sells Suppiles :S
      Ok without alcohol it sells, cigarettes, confectionary ( some which contain haraam), food with haraam products and someof the magazines La hawal wal quwatta illa billaah.
      [CENTER][COLOR="red"]It is reported that Anas b. Mâlik was asked about people who drop unconscious when the Quran is recited to them. He said, “That is the behavior of the Khawârij.”[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Tahir View Post
        Ok without alcohol it sells, cigarettes, confectionary ( some which contain haraam), food with haraam products and someof the magazines La hawal wal quwatta illa billaah.
        Yeah I Total Get That I Didnt Think Of The Cigerattes Sowi About That Brother :o

Well This Is Hard As Is In This Country Its Hard To Avoid Those Shops And Its Great You Got A Job Offer Though :masha: :up:

I Dont Really Know How To Advise You :S As Im Not That Knowledgable Sowi :embar:
        And He found you lost and guided you,
        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

congrats on getting a job! :)
          glass half empty

Comment

SubhanaAllaah, I forgot to add they also sell lottery tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Tahir View Post
              SubhanaAllaah, I forgot to add they also sell lottery tickets.
              My opinion is decide or whether you want to take risks when it comes to your afterlife. If in doubt obstain brother that is the best advice i can give you.

Comment

Yeah agree with hamza89
                (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

JazakaAllaahu khair for the advice Hamza89, the doubts where too muh to bear, The earning of this business has too many doubts for me, because the Hadith of 40 hadith of Imam Nawawi, shows that the man's clothes and nourishment was Haraam so how can his dua be accepted. So If i was to take this job? will my salaah, sadaqah, fast and dua be accepted? Doubtful. So better to leave it, Alhamdulilaah i called the company and said no. BarakaAllaahu feek.

Comment

Working...
                  X