Re: smoking a sin?

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    As Suman once said " Prem, cigarette smoking is injurious to health" lol
    Did u seriously just quote a bollywood movie??? :rotfl:

Leave a comment:

• Illest
    replied

yh...even though some of the scholar(s) have said it may be makrooh..given the evidence we have today (scientific evidence), the ahlul-'ilm say that smoking is haraam......

Leave a comment:

• FuMu
    replied

as far i remember(cant remember source), anything that intoxicated you, but what is counted as intocations i dont know.

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

As Suman once said " Prem, cigarette smoking is injurious to health" lol

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

Allah swt has given you a body and it's your duty to look after it. Filling your lungs with smoke is not doing that. I don't think there is any hadith about it but it's very ungrateful to your creator to go damaging something he has blessed you with. I did read some scholar saying he counts it as suicide, not sure though :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    replied

الَّذِينَ يَتَّبِعُونَ الرَّسُولَ النَّبِيَّ الْأُمِّيَّ الَّذِي يَجِدُونَهُ مَكْتُوبًا عِنْدَهُمْ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ وَالْإِنْجِيلِ يَأْمُرُهُمْ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَاهُمْ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَيُحِلُّ لَهُمُ الطَّيِّبَاتِ وَيُحَرِّمُ عَلَيْهِمُ الْخَبَائِثَ وَيَضَعُ عَنْهُمْ إِصْرَهُمْ وَالْأَغْلَالَ الَّتِي كَانَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ فَالَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا بِهِ وَعَزَّرُوهُ وَنَصَرُوهُ وَاتَّبَعُوا النُّورَ الَّذِي أُنْزِلَ مَعَهُ أُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ (157)سورة الأعراف

157. Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (i.e. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) whom they find written with them in the Taurât (Torah) (Deut, xviii 15) and the Injeel (Gospel) (John xiv, 16) - he commands them for Al-Ma‘rűf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained); and forbids them from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islâm has forbidden); he allows them as lawful At-Tayyibât (i.e. all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods), and prohibits them as unlawful Al-Khabâ’ith (i.e. all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons and foods), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allâh’s Covenant with the children of Israel), and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم), honour him, help him, and follow the light (the Qur’ân) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful.
    Surat Al-A'raf

Goes under the previous rule stated in the Qur'an.

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

its haraam to kill yourselves
    on the cigeratte boxes it says in massive letters: SMOKING KILLS

Leave a comment:

• ARiSagirl
    started a topic smoking a sin?

smoking a sin?

is smoking a sin? if so can you inslude a hadith that explians why? thank you
Working...
X