Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I define my entertainment limitations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I define my entertainment limitations ?

Which activity should I give how much time ? it is difficult to decide in the present fast moving age. It depends upon how I have trained my heart. Do I convince it to avoid the temptations that are ultimately a hindrance in my soul's dream to become like my ideals. Just like parents have to give incentives to a child & keep a check on them till exams are over. The youth I am part of is more sense-able than me, but unfortunately if I go with the flow, I see my [spare] time spent in a way that is neither satisfying nor useful, physically, mentally or spiritually, for me or anyone dependent/related to me. Though 'the flow' does create temporary sparks of excitement in my heart, just like a child finds TV to be more interesting during exams.

The question is: IS it worth it ? Spending hours & hours on thinking, watching & discussing something that doesn't even bring any good to me or my family's future in at least this life, what to say of hereafter. Nature blesses a mind with wisdom & broadens one's perspective in the field on which one spends more & more time. Because we are usually good at what we usually practice. Are my hobbies contributing in my personality grooming ? Are my grand children going to know my youth to be quite different than that of our mutual IDEAL? Would they be able to look up to me as a humble follower of the ONE who they want to be like ? Is my Lord happy with my development, the way I let any present day fever take hold of me till the next fever arrives. That too in such a way that I hurriedly finish my meeting with my Lord and rush towards the TV every now and then ? (not to mention that I was mentally absent in the meeting at the first place).

Remove the unnecessary so that the necessary should speak

I know I am more words than actions, but doesn't every action starts with a painful urge, a wish that one mostly can't resist sharing with those who listen?
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X