• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you serve your guests ?

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
    no wonder u coming to mine in summer hols
    Or maybe not. Imma do a runner like this

(but the other way, far far far away from youuu)
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
      My mum usually goes all out whenever either her friends or mine are coming over. She pulls out all the nice dishes and prepares the most serious grub in the southern hemisphere.

I, however, merely resort to ordering pizza or something equally unhealthy and greasy but most definitely tantalising when serving my homies from the hood. After which we smoke some imaginary chronic in my room whilst listening to the melodious tunes of my main man Shuraim.

Now that's pretty badass.
      lool you're a funny brother...

hmmm what do i serve my guests??

drinks: fruit juice, ginger beer, super malt :p or water (all chilled, NEVER warm ) nobody ever wants tea or coffee...

food: dates, biccies (usually choc digestives or jaffa cakes), crisps, maybe some fruit... always have a banana spare for the somali brothers

if i really like you... you'll get a freshly heated port royal veggie or lamb patty and a screwball icecream to top it off ... thee definition of hospitality.
      “Indeed, gentleness is not used in anything except that it beautifies it, and is never removed from anything except that it spoils it.” Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه و سلم , Sahih Muslim 16/146

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
        Nah not like that. I'll try and make one today and post a picture Inshallah.
        Originally posted by sumz View Post
        hehe ok
        Sis, it didn't turn out the way I planned :( Hence no picture :(
        Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubs View Post
          Sis, it didn't turn out the way I planned :( Hence no picture :(
          awwww
          no problem :) dont worry

Comment

Well mum always gets out the fancy plates and cups, get some drinks/juices or what ever and if they like special people that come now and then or once in a bluemoon, then we get some samosas from the shop or mum will make spring rolls or something
            Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, beacuse if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible

Comment

Good Good lol

wadi, what's Ginger beer? Halal?

Somali brothers love bananas ?

Comment

:wswrwb:
                What do you serve your guests ?
                chai, paani and biskit

[tea, water, and biscuit]
                sigpic

Comment

I LOVE having guests over :inlove: i just love it- but to be honest, we never have people come unannounced because most of our family and friends dont live near us or in Joburg and so theres no way youd come all this way without calling first. The only people who usually pop by randomly is hubs brother and wife cos they will stop for salaah etc and with them usually.. they either stay and eat with us or i take out whatever i have :D

If people say they are coming over i usually just invite them over for either lunch or dinner :hidban: and if theyre just coming for a short time then i usually have some baking done at the end of the week for the weekend.

If its summer i like making iced coffee and popcorn :D and in winter i make cappucinos and cake. I also like putting out nuts in a bowl, pretzels, those kinda nibbly things.
                  *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

when important guests come over my mum lights the oud fragrance/coal thing.
                    No idea why, I guess it is a some kind of cultural flex.

Comment

^ it smells good, that's why
                      sigpic

Comment

^ How do you differentiate important guests from the unimportant ones ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SilverCrescent View Post
                          ^ How do you differentiate important guests from the unimportant ones ? lol
                          Junaid Jumpshed would be important
                          Pakistani cricket players would be important
                          Local Scholar would be important

Aunti Rifat or Shaukat from over the road would be unimportant (as they normally just like to goss)

Simples.
                          :)

Comment

Kebabs and more kebabs.

Comment

Working...
                            X