Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Boxing is haram does anyone have a halal combat sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Boxing is haram does anyone have a halal combat sport?

Erm wrestling, wing chun I saw that once on tv looked interesting, there are so many other martial art forms just pick the one that won't eventually give you some form of brain damage
    By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

I dont aprove of wrestling lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim12 View Post
        If its Haram than can I have a combat sport which is halal or something?
        wrestling and various other martial arts that do not involve striking the face: wing chun, silat etc etc
        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

how about ju-jitsu
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
            sparring is not like a boxing match because you are testing your skills in sparring in boxing your beating each other brains out for money
            yh but you're still going for it and you can do some damage, I've seen some sparring partners whose purpose is just to take a beating - like some kind of human boxing bag

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
            www.QuranicAudio.com
            www.Quran.com

Comment

Well, I found out Boxing was Haram so I quited boxing and such, but I don't really wanna put my hardwork to waste so does anyone have any halal combat sport??

And is boxing really haram?

kabadi?
              "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

Brother, yes, that adrenaline rush feels good, but our bodies and lives are amanah from Allah and we should keep them safe, thus nothing involving harm. Training to hone your skills and keep fit is alright though.

Why stick to boxing only? Try mixing it up with some grappling ala BJJ and some Aikido.

And jazakillah ahsan al-jazaa' sister asiya. I've been looking for such links.

Comment

Im kind of confused if I should quit Amatuer boxing or not lol, but I problly will since so many people say its haram lol.\

Well, I came to the descion to start MMA or something lol. Might aswell as get something new = o.
                  Last edited by Ibrahim12; 11-06-10, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Boxing is not haram, I think it is the hitting to the face part.

Also, grappling/wrestling is a sunnah.
                    SPREAD OF EVIL
                    ZIONISM
                    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                      Boxing is not haram, I think it is the hitting to the face part.

Also, grappling/wrestling is a sunnah.
                      I dont know we wear protective head gear in amature boxing, and I really dont know if that counts as hitting someone in the face.

lol
                      Last edited by Ibrahim12; 11-06-10, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I dont know we wear protective head gear in amature boxing, and I really dont know if that counts as hitting someone in the face.

lol
                        dont let anyone tell you it is haram or not unless they have boxed themselves, now decide yourself, we know it is haram to injure your body, but are you injuring your body while you are amateur boxing? are you exposing your awrah? etc..
                        list it up and check the stuff "off / on"
                        And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

Fencing ?
                          Energy consuming,graceful,artistic movements.

Looks & feels very combative too !
                          'I am drawing my sword' feeling will give you ur adrenalin rush too.
                          Draw closer to Allah swt, contemplate about His vast creation .

Atheism is a deathblow to one's thinking.....it's an idea that is as far-fetched as any imaginary world that a child is able to conjure up; and it is an error unsurpassed in the annals of errors. 'Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                            yh but you're still going for it and you can do some damage, I've seen some sparring partners whose purpose is just to take a beating - like some kind of human boxing bag
                            When i spar with the brothers we don't hit in face but pretty much other places are game. but you wear protection similiar to teakwondo gear so you really hardly ever feel it

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                              you can train brother but you cannot fight like how they fight on TV ,

I love martial arts i do MMA now
                              Where do you train?

Comment

Working...
                              X