• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What ain interesting world we live in

mashallah brother, that is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
      I personally don't see anything wrong with enjoying a game of sport etc however its when the enjoyment turns to devotion that is the problem in reality!
      You know, all we heard about yesterday here in Australia .. no matter where you were or what you were doing, was how horrible it was Australia lost the soccer match. SubhanAllah. people who never even think about soccer were crying over the loss. It was like a nation gone mad.. and over a soccer match.
      .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
      http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
        You know, all we heard about yesterday here in Australia .. no matter where you were or what you were doing, was how horrible it was Australia lost the soccer match. SubhanAllah. people who never even think about soccer were crying over the loss. It was like a nation gone mad.. and over a soccer match.
        I know exactly what you mean lol! I'm not really a sport person (well I like snooker but that's it really!) but I didn't even realise thr world cup had started and was wondering why every car/ house/ person had a st george flag on it/ them lol! I was further gobsmacked to learn today that there are 3 matches playing everyday? Crazy I tell you! England always go gaa-gaa over the world cup, have to say though they make brilliant losers because they always manage to console themselves that they did great even though they didn't lol! :p :p
        What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
        Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
        Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
        but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
        but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
        We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
        freedom from slavery to other than the One,
        Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
        and a horizon that extends to the next life,
        Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Working...
        X