No announcement yet.

What's that thing that somalis chew on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's that thing that somalis chew on?

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
    It was coffee :up:
    Aye, I believe from Mocha, Yemen :D excellent name me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post
      Aye, I believe from Mocha, Yemen :D excellent name me thinks
      Lol you think so, funny how people notice the name and not the people

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Suhayb View Post
        Salaam, What's that thing that somalis chew on?
        Does it make them high?
        i'd say it was food, if you eat 20 bananas it will make you high.....

Comment

Originally posted by res novae View Post
          i'd say it was food, if you eat 20 bananas it will make you high.....
          Sis, you clearly don't understand Somalis. You'd need to have the rice, the fried rasins and carrots, the chicken, and then the banana on the side. Though, 20 bananas would be enough for a wedding and Somali weddings tend to be crazy and stay long and everyone acts differently. :scratch:
          وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
          "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
          Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
          [2:186]

.:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            Sis, you clearly don't understand Somalis. You'd need to have the rice, the fried rasins and carrots, the chicken, and then the banana on the side. Though, 20 bananas would be enough for a wedding and Somali weddings tend to be crazy and stay long and everyone acts differently. :scratch:
            Somali weddings are the bomb, dude. Admittedly they're not the most organised of weddings but they sure do know how to feed their guests!! I remember my sister's wedding a few years back and seeing all these random somali guys whom I've never seen before munching hard!!

No invitation necessary...if you're walking by the venue and can smell the ambivalent aroma of rice and banana you just stroll in and make yourself comfortable!
            What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
              Somali weddings are the bomb, dude. Admittedly they're not the most organised of weddings but they sure do know how to feed their guests!! I remember my sister's wedding a few years back and seeing all these random somali guys whom I've never seen before munching hard!!

No invitation necessary...if you're walking by the venue and can smell the ambivalent aroma of rice and banana you just stroll in and make yourself comfortable!
              The guys have it easy, you come hours in advance, get the chance to relax and eat, probably finishing the food, whilst the women come so late and never get to eat!

Lol somali weddings is an invitation for all, and you have got to love the simple side to side dancing!
              By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by ibn Hassan View Post
                It's called 'khat' and Somalis call it 'qaad' in their language. It's a plant whose leaves they chew to get high...and since it also causes loss of appetite, some use it to lose weight. Wiki
                lol... well its not like weed then because that stuff gives you an appetite

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X