Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend any good aluminium-free deodorants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend any good aluminium-free deodorants?

*embarrassing*
    :salams
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good alcohol- and aluminium-free deodorants? I currently use bionsen but it's not that effective, especially cos I have to wear an awful plastic shirt :( Does anyone know of any more effective ones available in the UK? There are a few here, but I don't wanna spend x amount of money on something just to find it's useless.
    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

Re: Can anyone recommend any good aluminium-free deodorants?

Originally posted by C Bear View Post
    *embarrassing*
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good alcohol- and aluminium-free deodorants? I currently use bionsen but it's not that effective, especially cos I have to wear an awful plastic shirt :( Does anyone know of any more effective ones available in the UK? There are a few here, but I don't wanna spend x amount of money on something just to find it's useless.
    wa alaikum salaam..Tom's lavender deodorant is actually really good..Try looking at lush products for their deodorants. I like the coconut powder :D

Comment

I used to use a Tom's one, but I think they discontinued it. I'll try the lavender one inshallah. Have you tried any of the others in the range?
      Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

Comment

I used to use a Tom's one, but I think they discontinued it. I'll try the lavender one inshallah. Have you tried any of the others in the range?
        Nah, I've only used Tom's Lavender kind :) It lasts all day...Warning do not try their toothpaste or mouthwash!...But do check out Lush also :D Even though they might be a tad pricey

Comment

Are we not allowed to use deodorants with alcohol-denat? :scratch: I was told that it is permissible if it only contains one type of alcohol?
          (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

I've just seen this one : http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb...ode=C_BathBody

Not sure about the non alcohol bit though :scratch:

Comment

*embarrassing*
              Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good alcohol- and aluminium-free deodorants?
              W'salaam.

Never heard of aluminium free deodrants. Is it an allergy thing?
              U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
              IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
              ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

Aluminium is a toxic metal, linked to breast cancer and Alzheimer's; it hasn't been conclusively proven, but I don't wanna risk it. As well, it makes no sense to stop the body sweating; it's highly unnatural. your body is producing sweat for a reason and it's also a way your skin removes toxins.

Are we not allowed to use deodorants with alcohol-denat? :scratch: I was told that it is permissible if it only contains one type of alcohol?
                Denat (aka SD Alcohol) means denatured, and it's alcohol that's been treated to remove the intoxicating properties. It's permissible to use according to all the fatawa I've seen. Pure alcohol/ethanol by itself may or may not be, depending on your madhhab. I don't know what one type of alcohol would be about :scratch: Ethyl alcohol = ethanol = 'alcohol'. Other kinds are not intoxicants so they're okay AFAIK.

Comment

:wswrwb:

orange peels 100 % natural :up:

Comment

Body shop have just introduced a new range :)

Comment

Originally posted by Useless_Slave_of_Allah View Post
                      W'salaam.

Never heard of aluminium free deodrants. Is it an allergy thing?

Youre a brother, youre not supposed to have

try Lush sis, insha'Allah that'll help :up:
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Body shop have just introduced a new range :)
                        ^ I did actually see the display today, but they are owned by L'Oreal and ergo must be boycotted.

Is Lush expensive? Lemme see if it's in my price-range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                          Youre a brother, youre not supposed to have
                          Why, are deodrants solely for females?
                          U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
                          IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
                          ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

I suggest you take it to the sisters section.
                            islamway
                            اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

^ I did actually see the display today, but they are owned by L'Oreal and ergo must be boycotted.

Is Lush expensive? Lemme see if it's in my price-range.
                              hmmm yeah it is a little bit more priceir than your average stuff, but i guess thats like that will ALL their products but they are very good. Not sure about your end, but I know the peeps in my local branch and they are really good at giving out samples. It was only last week, she gave me a whole tub of hair conditioner :D

Originally posted by Useless_Slave_of_Allah View Post
                              Why, are deodrants solely for females?
                              no...for eg..but for a guy pink is pink......for a girl pink is, fuschia, magenta, mauve, dark pink, light pink, bright pink......catch my drift?

sis section would be better C bear
                              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X