Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common mistakes when seeking knowledge!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common mistakes when seeking knowledge!!!!

These are some common mistakes when brothers and sisters are trying to seek knowledge.

example 1-many brothers and sisters spend many years reading books attending courses and at the end of it have no knowledge that can be passed on to others.

What is more benficial is for the seeker of knowledge to study Arabic and memorise the Quran.
    this will give the seeker of knowledge the foundations to understand the deen. The quran and Arabic are like your eyes and ears without them your going nowhere.

example 2- many brothers and sister give up after a couple of months or weeks.

Don't do too much a little a day will become much over a number of years so inshalah don't burden yourself . see knowledge like a ladder one step at a time , shay an fa shay an.

example 3- Running around between islamic sciences, i.e starting a new course each time and never finishing it.

this amongst the most common things people do consistency is key in studying anything and islam is no different.

however this thread was dedicated to make clear that mastering Arabic and the Quran is more benificial than studying various topics in islam doing various courses

Re: Common mistakes when seeking knowledge!!!!

feel free to add any more common mistakes inshalah for the benefit of the brothers and sisters :jkk:

Comment

Also post any benificial sources from the quran and the sunnah and or personal experiences that benefit others

Comment

another common one TAKE NOTES , I can't stress it enough Take notes don't just sit and there and listen

Comment

Would you advise us to take notes if you drill the rules (say you're learning Arabic) into your mind? When you study Arabic anyway you're following along a book that teaches it. But anyway, if it's a book you're reading outside in your own time, should you take notes then also?

Comment

:jkk: brother for the thread, i've taken note of your advice.

i'd just like to add one more example inshallah...

when you wish to learn about something it's good to stick with one teacher or advisor (especially about things which are open to other opinions which are equal anyway). asking different people may lead to confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
              Would you advise us to take notes if you drill the rules (say you're learning Arabic) into your mind? When you study Arabic anyway you're following along a book that teaches it. But anyway, if it's a book you're reading outside in your own time, should you take notes then also?
              It depends on the person and what your like , i have to copy it out i can't memorize anything without copying it out.

Comment

Hm, well alhamdulillah I don't have trouble memorising from the book, I kind of find it useless writing it out again.

I don't really have advice except that stick it out, it'll be hard at first but push yourself cause it's only shaytaan trying to make you leave, I think my first few weeks were very hard, but alhamdulillah now I love it..

Renew your intention every day, and be thankful to Allah, and make du'aa.

Comment

I find strange to hear a brother/sister say the've been studying islam for 4 5 6 years and yet to they do not understand Arabic.

Comment

whilst i agree that arabic is extremely important to study, i believe for someone starting out their focus should be on aqeeda, learn arabic alongside yes, but dont start on and solely focus on arabic, cos you need to get your aqeedah right as this could be the difference between you being muslim or not.
                    Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Rouz View Post
                      whilst i agree that arabic is extremely important to study, i believe for someone starting out their focus should be on aqeeda, learn arabic alongside yes, but dont start on and solely focus on arabic, cos you need to get your aqeedah right as this could be the difference between you being muslim or not.
                      Aqeedah don't take years once you've studied kitab tawheed usool thalaatha and aqeedah tahawiya you've studied aqeedah to a sufficient level.

then your focus should be quran if you really want to be a student of knowledge that is

after this your focus should solely on Arabic

However memorizing quran and studying Arabic together whilst pushing a full time job and kids now that hard

Comment

Qur'an meaning memorisation and tajweed or actually understanding the Qur'an, or both?

Comment

Originally posted by scribble View Post
                          Qur'an meaning memorisation and tajweed or actually understanding the Qur'an, or both?
                          Don't get into tafsiir thats a whole different ball game Memorise the quran with tajweed first and foremost

Comment

No I didn't mean tafseer, just like understanding the ayaat without translation.. which involves learning Arabic

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                              feel free to add any more common mistakes inshalah for the benefit of the brothers and sisters :jkk:
                              Know where you get your knowledge from is the most important and know the Author and who the Author has got Ijaza from.
                              Before seeking knowledge it is important to learn the basics in Usool Fiqh
                              Before seeking knoledge it is important to learn the basics in Usool Hadeeth

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X