Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Party 2010

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh dear sisters (and brothers)

I am writing to you with an idea I have had. I would like you to think about it and add your own ideas and suggestions, and/or offer your help in some way insha’Allah.

My idea is this:

WHAT?

I would like to hold a party aimed at secondary school aged girls who are not practising Muslims. I’m thinking a fashion show with different hijaab styles, that they would consider fashionable, and party clothes just for fun. Nasheed karaoke! Lol! Mini Islamic quiz to gauge their knowledge. Get them to write anonymous notes on what they think of Islam, why they attended, something like that. A goody bag to take home with some easy literature, pretty hijaab pins, please add some ideas for content. This will not be a dinner event, just drinks, cakes and snacks and hopefully some structured activities for them. A short play on importance of prayer.

WHY?

The idea came about after I recently attended a sisters only event to which I took my 12 year old sister in law. When speaking to the organiser, she said she had hoped more young girls would have come. There are so many sisters dinners these days, or fun days for young children, but rarely anything aimed at teenage girls. My idea is to show these young girls that Islam is not boring and difficult. We need to show them that Muslims women DO know how to have fun and that Islam is BENEFICIAL for them in their lives. The main aim is to promote a positive image of being a woman in Islam, as even our youth are duped by the negative media. I want the girls going away from this with the intention to start praying at the very least-this event is not about hijab.

WHEN?

Insha’Allah after Ramadan as a post Eed party. Do you think a pre Ramadan party would be better?

WHO?

Secondary school aged girls 10-16.

WHERE?

At the moment I’m thinking of Noor ul Islam Hall. Open to suggestions.

HOW?

Of course with Allahs help I pray we can make this happen. I have never attempted to organise anything larger than a simple sisters’ dinner with friends before so this is totally new to me. But I am confident that once a capable team is put together we can pull it off insha’Allah. I will get a team together insha’Allah and delegate tasks. I thought maybe we could sell tickets in pairs, so for every non-practicing girl, she comes with a practising girl (hopefully the inviter). Maybe offer a discount for pairs of tickets to encourage this sort of sale so that neither group out numbers the other. This will obviously cost money to set up and run. How could I go about getting money together to fund this event?

WHAT NEXT?

Right now this is a BIG IDEA, but I want to make it a reality, and a successful one at that insha’Allah.
    What I need from you at this stage are your ideas.
    Do you think this is a good idea?
    Do you think we could get young Muslim girls to attend from non practising families? How? Do you have nieces, cousins, sisters etc who would be interested?
    How do we get the non practising girls to attend?
    Where should we advertise? How?
    What could you contribute? Time, ideas, money?
    Are you an organisation willing to endorse this sort of event? Or Sponsor?
    Have you had experience organising events, how could you help?
    Do you have an idea for the play? Or know someone who can act?

Please contact me with your ideas and suggestions insha’Allah

Please make du’aa that we can make this a success.
    Your sister
    Umm Musa
    Please make du'aa for ALL reverts relatives and friends so that they too may be guided, and for all the non practising Muslims to rediscover their faith.
    In particular, my Mum, Brother, Dad, Brothers GF, My Nieces & Nephews, Dads GF, Sam and Christy AAMEEN!

Re: Youth Party 2010

Masha'Allah may Allah reward you massively sister. Our young sisters (and brothers!) out there really need the guidance right now.
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Re: Youth Party 2010

JazakAllah khayr! Aameen.

Do you have any ideas for a short play on importance of salah?
      Please make du'aa for ALL reverts relatives and friends so that they too may be guided, and for all the non practising Muslims to rediscover their faith.
      In particular, my Mum, Brother, Dad, Brothers GF, My Nieces & Nephews, Dads GF, Sam and Christy AAMEEN!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X