Dignity of the rightful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dignity of the rightful

A man said to Caliph Yazid bin Abd al-Malik,"Your father Abd al-Malik (when he was Caliph) gifted me a land, it remained with me in his life. Then your brother Al-Walid, his Successor, also let me keep it. After him your other brother Sulayman also allowed me to keep it. But when Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz Rehmatullah alleh became the Caliph, he took away that land and said, "Its the property of people, a caliph has no right to gift it to anyone". Now Umar Rehmatullah alleh has passed away, I request you O' Yazid to please return to me the land that your father and your brothers allowed me to keep in their time.

Yazid's face got red, he asked the man to repeat his words. Then again he asked him to repeat it. Finally Yazid said, "Go away! I won't give it back to you. Because every time you told me your story you put Rehmatullah alleh (May Allah shower his blessings upon him) with only Umar (who took it away from you) but you didn't add this prayer while mentioning the names of my father & my brothers (who allowed you to keep it).

A man who implements justice & follows the Prophet (saw), Allah (swt) puts his respect and love in the heart of common people even if those actions are against people's taste & apparently it seems that people dislike him.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative
Working...
X