X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem

:salams

The problem is....

not public display of simple affection...

rather i dono what it is...

but i have a good old friend on facebook who always has her profile pic of her husband kissing her cheek, or her hand, or them gazing at each other... and each comments on the other 'dear dinner was fabulous, thats the best lasagna ive ever had'... 'love this, love that'

and it makes me queasy. im no stalker, it just shows on home page.

the simple solution would be: then dont go on facebook... duhhh

but its not the simple i use facebook for important things - not meaningless socialization. but any way, what to do about this lovey dovey mushy wushy couple spilling their love all over facebook and making me want to throw up???

in the beginning i was like, aw mashallah you 2 care for each other so much thats so sweet...

and now im like... omg my stomach.

oh god its too much.
    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Re: I have a problem

Delete her. Simples.

Comment

Warn her of facebook, and its fitna. Especially when people are uploading photos.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

true brother ^ shes so simple and innocent though... she doesnt understand the harm :S

i cant delete her as she is a pretty close friend. she attended my wedding back home and i threw her a party before she got married so.... you cant just throw someone like that away :embar:

Comment

i agree, delete her? But if she is a good friend of yours then maybe not. Why exactly do you feel the way you do? Is it because you just simply get annoyed of a couple being lovey dovey to eachother? or another reason? inshaAllah everything will be okay

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

i just get annoyed by this particular couple... others dont bother me.. but then again from all my closest friends shes the only one who's married... everyone is like a far friend or a friend of a friend or an aquaintance.

their mushiness makes me feel sick.

Comment

i usually delete those kind of people. I can't take all that cutesie crap. Makes me really uncomfortable.
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

while you are at it, let me ask, how to delete our facebook account permanently?

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                  while you are at it, let me ask, how to delete our facebook account permanently?
                  not possible....
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

supernova, u can only deactivate is but its never deleted permanently, rather it will always be there for you to re-open.

At the top left hand corner you click "Account" and then "Account Settings" or something and scroll down to the bottom you will have a 'deactivate' option.

Comment

miskeenah.. couples really shouldn't make people feel uncomfortable with them like that. Why do couples either display their love a bit too much, or act like they don't know each other at all?
                      May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                      I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                      My Blog

Comment

You can filter her out from your home feed so that she never turns up on your front page anymore.

Simple!
                        What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Perfect example why fitnabook is taking over peoples lives (not directed at u sis)

If someone isn't on your friends list on fb it doesn't mean you are no longer friends. You can still speak to them and more importantly see them in real life!

I cant wait till this whole fb thing is over. Ya Rabb let me witness it.
                          SPREAD OF EVIL
                          ZIONISM
                          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

I had the same problem....I ended up deleting them both. They were offended so...if I were you, I wouldnt delete her. I hope everything gets sorted out inshallah.

Comment

My cousin and her husband are like that. It got much worse after they had kids, and now I get to read daily status updates about toilet training and poopy diapers. When you mouse over her status updates, there should be an option to hide her posts. She won't be able to see that you've hidden her.

Comment

Working...
                              X