Islam teaches us NOT to be Lazy, Here is the cure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to cure being lazy?

brother you need to sort out your salat!

it's a vicious circle...you don't do it, you feel bad, you get depressed, you feel so bad you feel you can't pray....then everything else around you starts going the same way.

when you don't pray you take yourself out of Allah's protection :( run back to Him as fast as you can!

Comment

Sleep on time.

Comment

are you depressed?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Salaam

Oh boy... Ok forgive me bro for laying into you but after reading your post, Insha'allah this will make you smile, laugh, but then also......

GET UP OF YO ASS!

Damn it man what are you doing "oh I'm too lazy to do wudhuu boohoo me, I have arms and legs and a spine to help my posture in salaat but you know what, forget it I'd rather sit in my messy room and be lazy.

You know if ure sleeping say, 8 hours a night, every night of ure life lets say. Thats 8 hours out of 24 hours. Thats 1/3 of the available day, 1/3 of the available month, 1/3 of the available year, and 1/3 of your available life!!!

And thats just sleeping!

So then think how much more time you're going to lose with your laziness.

Get up and clean your room. What are you living alone? Or you still with parents? You don't feel the slightest bit of embarassment when your mum or dad comes in to check on you and sees your messy room?

"Hey son what you up to"

"Oh the usual, being lazy init"

Get up man.

Do your fardh prayers AT THE LEAST, ok? the LEAST you can do is your fardh prayers.

And increase your productivitiy, don't be like "oh I'll do this today and then this tomorrow" if you can do everything in an hour then do it in an hour, keep yourself moving and do as much in the day as you can.

give yourself more tasks or objectives during the week, religous or otherwise, like learning a new chapter or set of ayaat in the Qur'an every week, or reading a new hadeeth every day.

Can't find bukhari? Here you go: http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c...adith/bukhari/ all there thanks to the dudes in Southern California.

Draw, write poetry, go out for a walk, hit the gym, learn to cook, read a book, write a story, write a play or film or something.

really get up and look around your room and think "imagine I was married with kids, and their kids came in and saw their dads room was like this... What would they do?" and don't give the smart answer of "oh I'd be married my wife would be cleanin hee hee im so smart"

So yeh, in a nutshell:

Move!! Move man!

Comment

Memorise my signature and say it after each salaat insha'Allah.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah brother,

Sorry to say it but shaytan has a good grip on u :( did u know that he urinates in your ear every time u miss fajr?? do u want a devil to urinate in your ear???? get your salah sorted, and inshaAllah u will rid yourself of this disease of laziness, don't forget any of us could die at any moment, don't regret that u didn't use that time to collect good deeds and observe your duty to the Creator! and if that's not enough, what if naudhubillah Allah Ta'ala took away ur ability to even get out of bed, ie, a severe disability or u could become crippled, and then u will regret that u didn't make use of your health when Allah Ta'ala blessed u with it!
              Be grateful to Him brother, as we should all be!

May He make a pious, energetic, active brother of u, ameen

Wasalaam :)
              "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
                did u know that he urinates in your ear every time u miss fajr?? do u want a devil to urinate in your ear????
                That is a myth sis, ive heard this many a time but there's no evidence to support this claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Troubled Soul View Post
                  That is a myth sis, ive heard this many a time but there's no evidence to support this claim.
                  Myth u say?

Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Mention was made before the Prophet (PBUH) of a man who slept throughout the night till morning. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) remarked, "He is a man in whose ears Satan urinated.''
                  [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
                  "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
                    Myth u say?

Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Mention was made before the Prophet (PBUH) of a man who slept throughout the night till morning. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) remarked, "He is a man in whose ears Satan urinated.''
                    [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
                    Are there any cases of Satan urinating in someone's ear?
                    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                      are you depressed?
                      I'm on a bunch of medications, and one of them is for depression.
                      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                        Are there any cases of Satan urinating in someone's ear?
                        Yeah the man that the Prophet was referring to in the hadith fortunately i can't see the devil so can't see what he's up to, but i'll just take the Prophet word for it :)

Comment

Be more active.

Draw, write poetry, go out for a walk, hit the gym, learn to cook, read a book, write a story, write a play or film or something.
                          :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                            Assalaam Alikum everyone.

I've got a serious problem of being lazy. My room and bathroom are a mess because I've been too lazy to clean up. Further, I've missed many prayers because I was too lazy to do wudu or even pray salaat.

How can I cure being lazy?

i had the exact same problem... when my room was messy i didnt feel motived to pray and now its tidy im prayin 5 times a day. I would just make that extra effort to tidy up and then when it starts to get a litle messy keep putin things away even if you dont want too. the more you force your self the more natural it wil become then it should stay tidy and inshallah ull be praying
                            ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

I agree, a spacious space is much more motivating!

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                                I agree, a spacious space is much more motivating!
                                It sureee is =]
                                ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Working...
                                X