Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: help and advice - please

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
    im not offended! I just think it sounds silly when non muslims or people who are trying to research ask questions and we give answers that can be so easily disproved,such as "pigs eat their own faeces and mate with their children" and it makes islamloose credibility, Personally I agree,Allah said so thats enough reason for me, theres plenty of things i can eat so why worry...

If you look on Islam qa, it says that firstly because Allah made it prohibited, and then that the word impure used for pork is used for anything that is haram and goes on to list the medical reasons why pork is bad for you...

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/12558/pork

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/49688/pork

if the scholars feel that they are worth mentioning as reasons to a christian who is asking why pork is prohibited, then why should we say they are not reasons?
    he didn't ask the reasons for pig meat being haraam, he said he can't get enough of bacon sandwiches, so i was trying to put him off.

and i'm sorry but islam will never lose credibility when Allah Ta'ala is protecting it, how can u say something like that?

my comment was unrelated to islam but related to putting poor trix off pig meat.

anyway, enough pid talk for one day, lol, far more important things happening astaghfirullah! may Allah guide and protect us all, ameen :)
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

oh and it seems trix's account has been disabled...all that fuss over swine for nothing
      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

buh yy
        AMBZ______________________________________________________:inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
          he didn't ask the reasons for pig meat being haraam, he said he can't get enough of bacon sandwiches, so i was trying to put him off.

and i'm sorry but islam will never lose credibility when Allah Ta'ala is protecting it, how can u say something like that?

my comment was unrelated to islam but related to putting poor trix off pig meat.

anyway, enough pid talk for one day, lol, far more important things happening astaghfirullah! may Allah guide and protect us all, ameen :)
          I think the other poster is correct, if you give an explanation that actually could make sense it would validate the rule. Eating feces can't be one, because many other animals show the same behavior and it is still not forbidden to eat them. Not having a neck and therefore not being able to be killed properly could actually make some sense.

In regards to allah protecting the religion's credibility... it makes no sense whatsoever. If he was "really" protecting its credibility, then why it sounds pretty ridiculous to many non muslims? is he protecting it or not? if pigs are bad for us and we're his unconditional loved children created in his image, wouldn't he remove it from Earth so it wouldn't harm us? other species had gone extinct from this planet, so why not get rid of pigs?

Can someone (other than the woman posting and trix) can make sense or give a good explanation other than "it's because some guy wrote it and said that god said it so now we believe it" kind of answer?

Thanks.

Comment

next time u do, make sure you puke it out. think about all the haraam it will help u puke it out. eating haram is a sin and also is unpure for your body

Comment

Originally posted by Equal Hater View Post
              I think the other poster is correct, if you give an explanation that actually could make sense it would validate the rule. Eating feces can't be one, because many other animals show the same behavior and it is still not forbidden to eat them. Not having a neck and therefore not being able to be killed properly could actually make some sense.

In regards to allah protecting the religion's credibility... it makes no sense whatsoever. If he was "really" protecting its credibility, then why it sounds pretty ridiculous to many non muslims? is he protecting it or not? if pigs are bad for us and we're his unconditional loved children created in his image, wouldn't he remove it from Earth so it wouldn't harm us? other species had gone extinct from this planet, so why not get rid of pigs?

Can someone (other than the woman posting and trix) can make sense or give a good explanation other than "it's because some guy wrote it and said that god said it so now we believe it" kind of answer?

Thanks.
              Assalaamu-Alaykum
              The various points below inshallah should explain why.......

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an::

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Consumption of pork causes several diseases::

Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova , enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

3. Pork has fat building material::

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack.

4. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth::

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. Some may argue that in advanced countries pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

In addition, the Bible prohibits the consumption of pork also , in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."
              [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Hope that's helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Widad View Post
                Assalaamu-Alaykum
                The various points below inshallah should explain why.......

1. Pork prohibited in Qur’an::

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Qur’an 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Consumption of pork causes several diseases::

Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man’s terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova , enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

3. Pork has fat building material::

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack.

4. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth::

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. Some may argue that in advanced countries pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour’s excreta.

In addition, the Bible prohibits the consumption of pork also , in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you."
                [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Hope that's helpful
                Cows carry the the same type of disease (see Taenia saginata) and can very well reproduce within their own, yet it is ok to eat their meat.

Again, common sense is what I am looking for.

Comment

you know this is really odd...like you people are just assuming this guys a troll and your replys are so rude, some of you have called him a pig, chav, or told him to get a life or whatever else people said....and now his accounts been disabled....what if this guy had a real issue? is this how you people present yourselves and the mods ignore this...how comes?

it's weird that the same people then talk about tolerence and patience and kindness in other threads....whatever though, i'm not one to care about what people say but just thought i'd highlight the hypocrisy in the forum

btw pigs are very dirty animals and completely disease infested, people who eat pork are more likely to develop illnesses like arthritis, rheumatism, worms, jaundice, dysentry, TB and many many more...pork consumption has also been linked to cancer....eating a rabbit does not cause any such diseases and the reason eating pig does is because it eats anything and contains toxins which would kill other animals.....or something like that...google it.....prevention is better than cure...blah blah

on a side note though, this thread is lol worthy...

Comment

I really appreciate the last post. It is indeed odd they turn their back to a poster who's in need... I wonder where says that in the Quran.

Comment

oh my who's reviving the bacon thread? yes we all believe he lives above a cafe and the smell of bacon entices him

Comment

Working...
                      X