Cow poo may soon power computers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow poo may soon power computers!

Washington, May 25 (ANI): Cow manure may soon be used as a source of energy to power data centers or Internet in the future.
    Hewlett-Packard has released a study called "Design of Farm Waste-Driven Supply Side Infrastructure for Data Centers" that draws attention to biogas energy created from cow dung.
    The study encourages dairy farmers to rent out land and power to technology companies, reports Discovery News.
    Planet Green explained the process of transforming cow manure to biofuel called biogas.
    In this process, manure is first collected from the cows, and put under an anaerobic digestion process, releasing methane gas.
    This gas can be used as natural gas or diesel fuel in generators that produce electricity. It apparently takes 10,000 cows to produce enough manure to power a small computer center for a bank.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20100525/981/tsc-cow-poo-may-soon-power-computers_1.html
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Re: Cow poo may soon power computers!

I think it's a great idea to deal with the waste that millions of cows produce daily
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
      I think it's a great idea to deal with the waste that millions of cows produce daily
      that avatar is perfect for this topic :P
      The bottom statement is true
      The top statement is false

Comment

dp
        Last edited by Kareem; 27-05-10, 06:14 AM. Reason: double post
        The bottom statement is true
        The top statement is false

Comment

Originally posted by Kareem View Post
          that avatar is perfect for this topic :P
          hey lol it's not poo its tomato sauce!
          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

it's cool, last time i watched a documentary about research done on utilizing tons of chicken feather that was otherwise wasted and left to pollute the environment. I don't know what the scientific term is but it's used in telephone set, something to do with electric inside a telephone set.

Comment

Working...
            X