Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nightmares and Sleeptalking

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
    i think it's due to stress, depression, some things that have been bothering you and you keep thinking about it.
    It's just amazing how much contrast there can be; everything I'm not feeling during the day I have to deal with at night but now it's affecting my days and that's bothering me. I wish I could just get a brain transplant for a few months as I need to focus
    "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
    Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

Originally posted by Reflection09 View Post
      Thanks sis I thought of this myself too as the first thing but it didn't explain the fact that I've been like this since I was a kid. After talking to my parents this morning I think what explains it well is that I've always kept my thoughts to myself and liked to do/fix everything myself no matter how impossible it is without letting anyone know and so when I sleep it's the only time I don't have any control and experience what I am probably really feeling but for some reason don't feel when I'm fully conscious. *Sigh* it's probably never gonna go away.
      First of all, there is no need to thank your sister. We are here to support you and help you by the Help of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa).
      Secondly, is there any sheykh or imam you know by any chance you could email or ask about your situation?
      Thirdly, don't lose hope. Pray for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) and ask Him to unload this burden and these things from your chest. InshaAllah, it will go away. Just keep up hope and make du'a.
      And last but not least, I would like to mention that don't think too much and don't keep much things for yourself, it is not good. It is always good to talk with someone. Maybe you're having too much pressure on yourself?

It is only Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) knows best and May He protect you from all kinds of evil in this world, Ameen!

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
      Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
      Ukhti S.
      Allah is my Support, the Qur'an and Sunnah is my Guide and Paradise is my Goal!

You are the servant, He is the Master.
      Prayers come from you, answers come from Him.
      Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him.
      Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him.
      Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

Comment

there are a lot of possibilities for the cause of sleep problems like this..... you need to rule out neurological and psychological causes before you start thinking about jinns. There are some neurological sleep problems that cause all kinds of weird things like sleep walking, sleep talking, the cause is in the brain wiring, I don't know much details about it, but I've seen it in documentaries. Basically the body is supposed to shut down when you dream and not move, someone who sleepwalks/sleeptalks etc the body doesn't shut down properly. The opposite of this is sleep paralysis, when the body stays shut down even after awakening. Psychological causes for nightmares and sleep disturbances - post traumatic stress disorder(ptsd) occurs after a severe trauma and can cause recurrent nightmares (usually reliving the trauma) and night awakenings, and feeling unsafe/afraid/completely terrified when you wake up. Depression can cause you to wake up too early feeling very stressed and anxious and unable to get back to sleep. Seeing your doctor may help as it would identify the cause and there may be treatment, or it also may help put your mind at rest cause it may be just normal sleeptalking and your family are blowing it all out of proportion.

Sleep talking - this is normal, many people talk in their sleep, shouting and screaming in your sleep is not. If you are only doing normal sleep talking, tell your family to stop listening in and mind their own business and stop making you paranoid/self conscious about it because it's beyond your control, if you are screaming or yelling in your sleep, then that's not normal, usually it's associated with neurological or psychological problems (happens in kids with ptsd for example, but kids can also get night terrors that are nothing to do with stress/trauma and go away as they get older, in night terrors, the child doesn't know they're doing it and wake up with no memory of it, normal nightmares, whether the kid wakes up crying/screaming or just wakes up feeling scared, the child remembers it. with ptsd the nightmares involve reliving some aspect of the trauma) but if it turns out to be a neurological problem and not affecting your life in other ways, then also tell your family to butt out and mind their own business (politely of course!) - if the cause is psychological, counselling would probably help.
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Ukhti S. View Post
          Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

First of all, there is no need to thank your sister. We are here to support you and help you by the Help of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa).
          Secondly, is there any sheykh or imam you know by any chance you could email or ask about your situation?
          Thirdly, don't lose hope. Pray for Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) and ask Him to unload this burden and these things from your chest. InshaAllah, it will go away. Just keep up hope and make du'a.
          And last but not least, I would like to mention that don't think too much and don't keep much things for yourself, it is not good. It is always good to talk with someone. Maybe you're having too much pressure on yourself?

It is only Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) knows best and May He protect you from all kinds of evil in this world, Ameen!

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
          Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
          Ukhti S.
          Awww may Allah bless you dear :love: THANK you for taking the time out to advice me and help me; it is much appreciated.

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
          there are a lot of possibilities for the cause of sleep problems like this..... you need to rule out neurological and psychological causes before you start thinking about jinns. There are some neurological sleep problems that cause all kinds of weird things like sleep walking, sleep talking, the cause is in the brain wiring, I don't know much details about it, but I've seen it in documentaries. Basically the body is supposed to shut down when you dream and not move, someone who sleepwalks/sleeptalks etc the body doesn't shut down properly. The opposite of this is sleep paralysis, when the body stays shut down even after awakening. Psychological causes for nightmares and sleep disturbances - post traumatic stress disorder(ptsd) occurs after a severe trauma and can cause recurrent nightmares (usually reliving the trauma) and night awakenings, and feeling unsafe/afraid/completely terrified when you wake up. Depression can cause you to wake up too early feeling very stressed and anxious and unable to get back to sleep. Seeing your doctor may help as it would identify the cause and there may be treatment, or it also may help put your mind at rest cause it may be just normal sleeptalking and your family are blowing it all out of proportion.

Sleep talking - this is normal, many people talk in their sleep, shouting and screaming in your sleep is not. If you are only doing normal sleep talking, tell your family to stop listening in and mind their own business and stop making you paranoid/self conscious about it because it's beyond your control, if you are screaming or yelling in your sleep, then that's not normal, usually it's associated with neurological or psychological problems (happens in kids with ptsd for example, but kids can also get night terrors that are nothing to do with stress/trauma and go away as they get older, in night terrors, the child doesn't know they're doing it and wake up with no memory of it, normal nightmares, whether the kid wakes up crying/screaming or just wakes up feeling scared, the child remembers it. with ptsd the nightmares involve reliving some aspect of the trauma) but if it turns out to be a neurological problem and not affecting your life in other ways, then also tell your family to butt out and mind their own business (politely of course!) - if the cause is psychological, counselling would probably help.
          Thanks sis:love: It's true that it's a stress factor for me knowing that my family listen to it and that it's somehow disturbing as both my parents are light sleepers; what the heck am I going to do when I get married one day:S Oh well.
          "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
          Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

As salam alaykum,

I also used to sleepwalk and talk which got worse around exam times so I attribute it to stress. It generally passes- Dreams can also be attributed to hormones - for example in pregnancy women experience more dreams It can be dangerous if you decide to leave the house when asleep. You should also never try to wake someone up who is sleep walking whilst they are on the stairs or in any other dangerous position. One thing I've heard of is locking your door and putting the key in a bucket of cold water which should wake you up lol. If you do feel stressed during the day you can take a number of herbal remedies which might settle your mind in the night. At least your not raiding the fridge- I have seen a documentary where people were having midnight feasts whilst asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by hajarjavaid View Post
              As salam alaykum,

I also used to sleepwalk and talk which got worse around exam times so I attribute it to stress. It generally passes- Dreams can also be attributed to hormones - for example in pregnancy women experience more dreams It can be dangerous if you decide to leave the house when asleep. You should also never try to wake someone up who is sleep walking whilst they are on the stairs or in any other dangerous position. One thing I've heard of is locking your door and putting the key in a bucket of cold water which should wake you up lol. If you do feel stressed during the day you can take a number of herbal remedies which might settle your mind in the night. At least your not raiding the fridge- I have seen a documentary where people were having midnight feasts whilst asleep.
              LOL to the last part; I can't stop laughing. I wouldn't mind that:meow:
              Oh yes I think I'll try some lavender essential oil to begin with as I've read it's destressing.

Comment

Working...
              X