Blood Donation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blood Donation

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu My dear sister in Islam!

Originally posted by Muslimah81 View Post
    :wswrwb:

:jkk: sis

just wanted to say though that if we are in the position to save a life it doesn't matter if they are muslim or not. a life is a life. Allah has a plan and we can't interfere with it. we don't know who Allah will guide to Islam.

i'm not getting the difference between blood under the skin and blood in veins :scratch:

all blood is carried around the body in arteries-capillaries-veins...there's no 'free' blood unless there's been some trauma...right?
    Ameen and wa iyyaki dear sister! :)

You are actually right about the fact that life is a life. Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) is the one who guides people to Islam. It is indeed like a charitable act. When people are in need of blood, then there is no difference between the life of a Muslim and non-Muslim.

Also JazakAllahu Khairan BARAA IBN MALIK for also clarifying it for me! I really appreciate it.

To be more exact, the heart is divided into two halfs. The right side of your heart always fills with impure blood from the body and the left side of your heart always fills with pure blood from the lungs.
    The impure blood is deoxygenated blood and the pure blood is oxygenated blood.

You might wonder where deoxygenated blood comes from, what it does in the body. Well, if you have studied Cellular respiration, then you know that when we breath in oxygen and eat glucose, the result in our body will be water and carbondioxide and energy.

When we breath into our lungs, the oxygen goes to our lungs then to our alveolis (small balls with very thin walls) and exchanges place with the carbondioxide [oxygen goes into blood so it carries on to the heart and goes to the body and carbondioxide goes into alveoli so we can breath it out].

The blood that comes out when you cut your finger is the impure blood, it is thick, sticky and dark.

In our bodies we have arteries and veins. All arteries transports the blood from the heart to the body (pure blood). And all veins transports the blood to the heart (impure blood) so the heart can pump it to the lungs so the deoxygenated blood (the impure blood - carbondioxide) can be breathed out. The veins' walls are thinner than the arteries, another reason of why carbondioxide and oxygen can swap places. The blood that has been oxygenated (when it exchanged in the lungs (alveolis) with the deoxygenated blood) leaves the heart with an artery to the body (head, arms, kidney etc).

I hope it is a bit clear there... :p
    Tell me if it is confusing, I can try to be a bit more specific, InshaAllah. :)

And I am sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant by the trauma and 'free' blood.

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
    Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
    Ukhti S.
    Allah is my Support, the Qur'an and Sunnah is my Guide and Paradise is my Goal!

You are the servant, He is the Master.
    Prayers come from you, answers come from Him.
    Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him.
    Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him.
    Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

Comment

Originally posted by mujhadia View Post
      i dont believe i can donate blood. quick question, if you are on long term medication can you donate?
      nope you can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Contemplating.. View Post
        nope you can't.
        JazakAllah Khair :)
        glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          Theres a difference between the blood in your veins and the one under the skin.
          The one under the skin is called Mixed blood looks dark but the one that goes in the veins is light red.
          I totally understand the circulatory system but :jkk: for the explanation Ukhti S.

I just don't understand what Abu Jaffar means here ^^

From what i was taught...all blood is contained within vessels of some sort (arteries-capillaries-veins) and there is no 'free' blood...that would be a haemorhage caused by some kind of trauma...with me? :p

I guess i can understand that this darker blood is deoxy as opposed to the brighter oxy blood...and maybe this deoxy blood lurks in the smaller vessels which are further from the core of the body.

How did a blood donation thread get so technical?? :rotfl:

Comment

Working...
          X