• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking
    replied
    Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
    just to clarify [email protected] hiking, its not a cup of honey/ vinegar-- that would be crazy!! :p Its about a 500ml bottle of water (per day) with however much honey/ vinegar you can cope with...good starting point could be 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1 tsp honey mixed into lukewarm water (never hot!) and SLOWLY and gently swirled about until the componenets are all mixed up.

The raw honey is the one to have because of the health benefits associated with it, because it hasn't been pasturised or gone through any stressful processes :up: You can get it here: http://www.beemercy.com/ or my sis sells it too :p
    :rotfl: I know that!! I accidentally bought a month's supply of hayfever stuff (needed it for today and there was a deal on it) but I will try this stuff after insha'Allah. :jkk: for the link, does your sis sell for a different price or all the same? And where can I get the vinegar?

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

To preserve the unique flavour and health giving properties of this natural, unadulterated honey, it is simply spuns with a centrifuge from the honeycomb and then strained into containers. This delicious raw honey therefore contains the enzymes and pollens which are said to be very good for our health. These are lacking in commercial honey.
    • Not pasteurised (which degrades the enzymes, minerals and vitamins).
    • Not ultra filtered - which removes the pollen and its benefits.
    • Not a blend of different honeys from different countries (which almost all supermarket honey is, even when it is organic).
    • The bees are not given antibiotics.
    • The bees are fed honey not sugar (many beekeepers feed their bees sugar in the winter).
    What are the health benefits of honey?
    Honey has been renowned through the ages for its health benefits. There are six main health benefits :
    1. Honey is antibacterial and antiseptic: All raw honey contains a mild solution of hydrogen peroxide, which is released when it comes into contact with moisture. This is antibacterial and fungicidal. Honey is also gyroscopic, which means that it naturally attracts moisture. Most bacteria breed in moist conditions and honey dries out wounds, preventing wounds becoming infected.
    2. Honey as a sweetener doesn’t give the energy spike that refined sugar does. As honey is low on the glycemic index, it does not cause the blood sugar to shoot up, but allows a much healthier gradual increase in blood sugar levels.
    3. Dark honeys are high in antioxidants. Antioxidant compounds can help your cells fight off free radicals one of the causes of a host of degenerative diseases. Unique to honey is pinocembrin, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
    4. Honey can help you digest food better. Honey contains natural enzymes that assists the digestive process.
    5. Honey is said to aid sleeping. honey before sleep provides the body with enough glucose to ‘feed’ the brain during the night. This prevents or limits the early morning release of cortisol and adrenalin (stress hormones) which disturb sleep. It also stabilises blood sugar levels and contributes to the release of melatonin, the hormone required for recovery and rebuilding of body tissues during rest. (According to a recent study in Hershey, Penn, USA.)
    6. Honey is good for your skin. Because it attracts moisture honey helps to nourish the skin – that is why it is often used in skin care products. Also, honey’s antioxidant compounds help to fight free radicals, which can damage skin. Some people find honey is very effective for conditions such as sunburn, acne and eczema

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

lol @ Zee's clarification

Whats the difference between local honey and raw honey....:scratch: ???

I need to go buy some for my dad, and give him some, he's got it quite bad this year.

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

just to clarify [email protected] hiking, its not a cup of honey/ vinegar-- that would be crazy!! :p Its about a 500ml bottle of water (per day) with however much honey/ vinegar you can cope with...good starting point could be 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1 tsp honey mixed into lukewarm water (never hot!) and SLOWLY and gently swirled about until the componenets are all mixed up.

The raw honey is the one to have because of the health benefits associated with it, because it hasn't been pasturised or gone through any stressful processes :up: You can get it here: http://www.beemercy.com/ or my sis sells it too :p
    Last edited by ze leetle elper; 11-04-11, 01:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• .Abu.Rambo.
    replied

mines almost totally gone I used to get it reall bad... like 15 sneezes in a row..

now it's just gone.. used honey like 3 times a week.. n it just went :S
    :hidban:

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

*tempted*

Just raw honey? Or does it have to be local honey as well?

Hayfever season has started for me now *dabs at eyes*

Leave a comment:

• seven
    replied

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
    Sounds like you've got it quite bad! Insha'Allah, let us know if the stuff actually works, I might try it too. As it is I'll probably just get some hayfever tablets from somewhere

I honestly can't see myself downing a cup of honey and vinegar daily...do you try half of this stuff out yourself?
    i've been taking raw honey and apple cider vinegar for about 5 days now and it feel like it's completely cleared up alhamdulillah

although you can down it all in one go, it's better to make up a bottle and sip it throughout the day... makes it easier drink that way

loads more info/reviews on it on earthclinic: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/allergies.html#ACV

Leave a comment:

• adri
    replied

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
    I just learnt that the term Yarhamukallah originated from when Adam (as) was created. When the soul was put into Adam (as) he sneezed then said Alhamdulillah. Allah (swt) then replied saying Yarhamukallah.
    yes I read that too!

"He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery." (Chapter 55:Quran).
    When the time drew near to breathe the spirit into Adam, as Allah decreed, He commanded the
    angels: "When I breathe My spirit into him prostrate before him." Allah breathed His spirit into
    Adam and when it reached his head Adam sneezed. The angels said: "Say all praise belongs to
    Allah." Adam repeated: "All praise belongs to Allah." Allah said to him: "Your Lord has granted
    you mercy."

and for hayfever, my mum makes honey, lemon and ginger tea .. wait I am not sure if that is for hayfever, but it soothes your throat :)

Leave a comment:

• *asiya*
    replied

gypsy remedy which totally works insha Allah, worked for me anyway and masha Allah it never came back alhamdulillah, is to take a spoonful of local honey ( honey made by bees from from local pollen) every morning. gradually builds up your natural defences to the irritating pollen insha Allah. as someone said earlier take it before hayfever season for a head start.

Leave a comment:

• NGE
    replied

Wow, I'm surprised those posts got deleted, what with half the crap that's allowed to stand on this forum. :S

Anyhoo, I guess I should make a real contribution; sodium cromoglicate eye drops do the business if you've got itchy eyes from hayfever and grab yourself some one a day tablets (I recommend Loratidine, long lasting, non drowsy formulation) but you gotta make sure to take them as the hayfever season starts so as to build up protection. That's usually March but those who suffer from tree allergies should start in February.

Other tips; avoid going out when allergens are most in the air (mornings and early evenings), close windows and doors during these times as well, avoid parks and green areas especially where this is lots of flowers or freshly cut grass. Also wash your hair when you return home as lots of allergens collect into hair (hijabis need not worry).

Getting an air ioniser in the home can also help keep the air allergen free. Remember to keep those doors and windows closed though.

What else? Buying anti allergy duvets and bed clothes can help you a lot at night. Also, if you find that you are getting too much nasal congestion, aside from using a good nasal spray like flixonase, beconase etc you can also use decongestant tablets (pseudoephidrine hydrochloride is good) just for short term relief. If you're pregnant however, you can't really take many of the above medication so you just have to suffer.

There, hope that was relevant enough.

Leave a comment:

• Joha
    replied

Yuhh....do you actually believe everything that you say, or does the brain lock-off and the fingers get free reign? :wacko:
    :) better the brain getting free reign on here than in real life, might get a punch in real life and I'll come worse off...

I honestly can't see myself downing a cup of honey and vinegar daily...do you try half of this stuff out yourself?
    bit pointless to try half the stuff, I'd try the whole lot.

Leave a comment:

• Hiking
    replied

Originally posted by Joha View Post
    you weird land lubbers, sitting and complaining about plant seeds when you know how much they hate us. The next outbreak of the triffids must be just around the corner. The other idea is to live on the moon, but that's just stupid.

Water on the other hand - very very different, the sea loves us, soo much that only a month ago it almost tried to grab me.

cue some gratuitous poem about it:
    Yuhh....do you actually believe everything that you say, or does the brain lock-off and the fingers get free reign? :wacko:

Originally posted by seven View Post
    I was told about this recipe for general good health. I've read it's quite good for hayfever also. (ask zee's sis for more details - plus you can buy the raw honey and apple cider vinegar from her!)

my hayfever usually starts early/spring time... last night was really bad, but alhamdulillah it's calmed down quite a bit now... not sure if it down to this concoction or if it's just worse in the evening... we'll see inshaAllah!
    Sounds like you've got it quite bad! Insha'Allah, let us know if the stuff actually works, I might try it too. As it is I'll probably just get some hayfever tablets from somewhere
    Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
    not to mention beenficial for lots of other ailments! (the honey/ vinegar combination) gotta use the good stuff though not just any old honey/ vinegar combination!) Also should be drunk everyday to see the full benefits of it inshaallah :up:
    Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough
    Strange enough, I've never complained about hayfever. It's never really bothered me before.

But I guess that's because I've never had it..
    Get out of this thread

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

not to mention beenficial for lots of other ailments! (the honey/ vinegar combination) gotta use the good stuff though not just any old honey/ vinegar combination!) Also should be drunk everyday to see the full benefits of it inshaallah :up:

Leave a comment:

• seven
    replied

Where did you get that random recipe from? Have you started sneezing/crying already? I haven't been affected yet Alhamdulillah, but thanks for the reminder - time to start preparing (*considers ebaying for gas masks*).
    I was told about this recipe for general good health. I've read it's quite good for hayfever also. (ask zee's sis for more details - plus you can buy the raw honey and apple cider vinegar from her!)

my hayfever usually starts early/spring time... last night was really bad, but alhamdulillah it's calmed down quite a bit now... not sure if it down to this concoction or if it's just worse in the evening... we'll see inshaAllah!

Leave a comment:

• Joha
    replied

Not all of us are eager to live in the water :p unless you had some other idea? I'm all ears.
    you weird land lubbers, sitting and complaining about plant seeds when you know how much they hate us. The next outbreak of the triffids must be just around the corner. The other idea is to live on the moon, but that's just stupid.

Water on the other hand - very very different, the sea loves us, soo much that only a month ago it almost tried to grab me.

cue some gratuitous poem about it:

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
    And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
    And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
    Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
    And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
    And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
    To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
    And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
    And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X