Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

gypsy remedy which totally works insha Allah, worked for me anyway and masha Allah it never came back alhamdulillah, is to take a spoonful of local honey ( honey made by bees from from local pollen) every morning. gradually builds up your natural defences to the irritating pollen insha Allah. as someone said earlier take it before hayfever season for a head start.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
      I just learnt that the term Yarhamukallah originated from when Adam (as) was created. When the soul was put into Adam (as) he sneezed then said Alhamdulillah. Allah (swt) then replied saying Yarhamukallah.
      yes I read that too!

"He created man (Adam) from sounding clay like the clay of pottery." (Chapter 55:Quran).
      When the time drew near to breathe the spirit into Adam, as Allah decreed, He commanded the
      angels: "When I breathe My spirit into him prostrate before him." Allah breathed His spirit into
      Adam and when it reached his head Adam sneezed. The angels said: "Say all praise belongs to
      Allah." Adam repeated: "All praise belongs to Allah." Allah said to him: "Your Lord has granted
      you mercy."

and for hayfever, my mum makes honey, lemon and ginger tea .. wait I am not sure if that is for hayfever, but it soothes your throat :)

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
        Sounds like you've got it quite bad! Insha'Allah, let us know if the stuff actually works, I might try it too. As it is I'll probably just get some hayfever tablets from somewhere

I honestly can't see myself downing a cup of honey and vinegar daily...do you try half of this stuff out yourself?
        i've been taking raw honey and apple cider vinegar for about 5 days now and it feel like it's completely cleared up alhamdulillah

although you can down it all in one go, it's better to make up a bottle and sip it throughout the day... makes it easier drink that way

loads more info/reviews on it on earthclinic: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/allergies.html#ACV
        Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
        http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
        Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
        Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

*tempted*

Just raw honey? Or does it have to be local honey as well?

Hayfever season has started for me now *dabs at eyes*
          It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
          -Muslim

Comment

mines almost totally gone I used to get it reall bad... like 15 sneezes in a row..

now it's just gone.. used honey like 3 times a week.. n it just went :S
            :hidban:
            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

just to clarify [email protected] hiking, its not a cup of honey/ vinegar-- that would be crazy!! :p Its about a 500ml bottle of water (per day) with however much honey/ vinegar you can cope with...good starting point could be 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1 tsp honey mixed into lukewarm water (never hot!) and SLOWLY and gently swirled about until the componenets are all mixed up.

The raw honey is the one to have because of the health benefits associated with it, because it hasn't been pasturised or gone through any stressful processes :up: You can get it here: http://www.beemercy.com/ or my sis sells it too :p
              Last edited by ze leetle elper; 11-04-11, 01:53 PM.
              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

lol @ Zee's clarification

Whats the difference between local honey and raw honey....:scratch: ???

I need to go buy some for my dad, and give him some, he's got it quite bad this year.
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

To preserve the unique flavour and health giving properties of this natural, unadulterated honey, it is simply spuns with a centrifuge from the honeycomb and then strained into containers. This delicious raw honey therefore contains the enzymes and pollens which are said to be very good for our health. These are lacking in commercial honey.
                  • Not pasteurised (which degrades the enzymes, minerals and vitamins).
                  • Not ultra filtered - which removes the pollen and its benefits.
                  • Not a blend of different honeys from different countries (which almost all supermarket honey is, even when it is organic).
                  • The bees are not given antibiotics.
                  • The bees are fed honey not sugar (many beekeepers feed their bees sugar in the winter).
                  What are the health benefits of honey?
                  Honey has been renowned through the ages for its health benefits. There are six main health benefits :
                  1. Honey is antibacterial and antiseptic: All raw honey contains a mild solution of hydrogen peroxide, which is released when it comes into contact with moisture. This is antibacterial and fungicidal. Honey is also gyroscopic, which means that it naturally attracts moisture. Most bacteria breed in moist conditions and honey dries out wounds, preventing wounds becoming infected.
                  2. Honey as a sweetener doesn’t give the energy spike that refined sugar does. As honey is low on the glycemic index, it does not cause the blood sugar to shoot up, but allows a much healthier gradual increase in blood sugar levels.
                  3. Dark honeys are high in antioxidants. Antioxidant compounds can help your cells fight off free radicals one of the causes of a host of degenerative diseases. Unique to honey is pinocembrin, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.
                  4. Honey can help you digest food better. Honey contains natural enzymes that assists the digestive process.
                  5. Honey is said to aid sleeping. honey before sleep provides the body with enough glucose to ‘feed’ the brain during the night. This prevents or limits the early morning release of cortisol and adrenalin (stress hormones) which disturb sleep. It also stabilises blood sugar levels and contributes to the release of melatonin, the hormone required for recovery and rebuilding of body tissues during rest. (According to a recent study in Hershey, Penn, USA.)
                  6. Honey is good for your skin. Because it attracts moisture honey helps to nourish the skin – that is why it is often used in skin care products. Also, honey’s antioxidant compounds help to fight free radicals, which can damage skin. Some people find honey is very effective for conditions such as sunburn, acne and eczema
                  What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                  Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                  Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                  but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                  but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                  We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                  freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                  Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                  and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                  Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                    just to clarify [email protected] hiking, its not a cup of honey/ vinegar-- that would be crazy!! :p Its about a 500ml bottle of water (per day) with however much honey/ vinegar you can cope with...good starting point could be 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1 tsp honey mixed into lukewarm water (never hot!) and SLOWLY and gently swirled about until the componenets are all mixed up.

The raw honey is the one to have because of the health benefits associated with it, because it hasn't been pasturised or gone through any stressful processes :up: You can get it here: http://www.beemercy.com/ or my sis sells it too :p
                    :rotfl: I know that!! I accidentally bought a month's supply of hayfever stuff (needed it for today and there was a deal on it) but I will try this stuff after insha'Allah. :jkk: for the link, does your sis sell for a different price or all the same? And where can I get the vinegar?
                    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                    -Muslim

Comment

Working...
                    X