Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    Prophetic medicine is the biz! Alhamdulillah.

    Luke warm water with a bit of honey every morning does the job.
    The only thing is, it's more effective when taken before the actual hay-fever season starts.
    U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
    IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
    ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

    -- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

    LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

      I will get my book and post up the Prophetic method.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

        Apparently,in the middle east it is reported...One tablespoon of Blackseed Oil mixed with a glass of lemon should be taken twice daily until symptoms disappear

        [I] I read in one of the posts...that you should put blackseed oil in ur eye.....that will stiiiiiiing very badly...[<< i cant handle it when just a bit from my eyelids touches my eyes<<Nevermind putting it directly in ur eye!/I]
        Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

          Originally posted by Illest View Post
          Apparently,in the middle east it is reported...One tablespoon of Blackseed Oil mixed with a glass of lemon should be taken twice daily until symptoms disappear

          [I] I read in one of the posts...that you should put blackseed oil in ur eye.....that will stiiiiiiing very badly...[<< i cant handle it when just a bit from my eyelids touches my eyes<<Nevermind putting it directly in ur eye!/I]


          typical city brother- such a girl.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

            Originally posted by aG123 View Post
            [/B]

            typical city brother- such a girl.
            lol...hav u ever put blakseed oil in ur eyes.....U do know = its not the same thing as water!
            Alhamdulillaah, i dnt suffer from hayfever...just migraines from time to time
            Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

              it's that time of the year again

              i'm trying a new concoction - raw honey gently mixed in warm water (hot water damages the honey) with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

              just started drinking it yesterday (should have started earlier!) ... will probably take a few days to kick in so will see how it goes inshaAllah!
              Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
              http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

              Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
              Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

              Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
              Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

              The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

              ‪#‎ChangingEducation

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                Originally posted by Hiking View Post


                How do you stop the sneezing? My nose is gonna fall off if I keep blowing it at this rate

                ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                easy....stop living on land!
                ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.


                "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

                -- Jerome K. Jerome
                (Three Men in a Boat)

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                  Originally posted by seven View Post
                  it's that time of the year again

                  i'm trying a new concoction - raw honey gently mixed in warm water (hot water damages the honey) with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

                  just started drinking it yesterday (should have started earlier!) ... will probably take a few days to kick in so will see how it goes inshaAllah!
                  Where did you get that random recipe from? Have you started sneezing/crying already? I haven't been affected yet Alhamdulillah, but thanks for the reminder - time to start preparing (*considers ebaying for gas masks*).
                  Originally posted by Joha View Post
                  easy....stop living on land!
                  Not all of us are eager to live in the water :p unless you had some other idea? I'm all ears.
                  It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                  -Muslim



                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                    Alhamdulillah. No hayfever. But I don't think lockets or soothers do the trick.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                      Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                      Not all of us are eager to live in the water :p unless you had some other idea? I'm all ears.
                      you weird land lubbers, sitting and complaining about plant seeds when you know how much they hate us. The next outbreak of the triffids must be just around the corner. The other idea is to live on the moon, but that's just stupid.

                      Water on the other hand - very very different, the sea loves us, soo much that only a month ago it almost tried to grab me.

                      cue some gratuitous poem about it:

                      I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
                      And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by,
                      And the wheel's kick and the wind's song and the white sail's shaking,
                      And a grey mist on the sea's face and a grey dawn breaking.

                      I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
                      Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
                      And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
                      And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

                      I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
                      To the gull's way and the whale's way where the wind's like a whetted knife;
                      And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
                      And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick's over.
                      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.


                      "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

                      -- Jerome K. Jerome
                      (Three Men in a Boat)

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                        Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                        Where did you get that random recipe from? Have you started sneezing/crying already? I haven't been affected yet Alhamdulillah, but thanks for the reminder - time to start preparing (*considers ebaying for gas masks*).
                        I was told about this recipe for general good health. I've read it's quite good for hayfever also. (ask zee's sis for more details - plus you can buy the raw honey and apple cider vinegar from her!)

                        my hayfever usually starts early/spring time... last night was really bad, but alhamdulillah it's calmed down quite a bit now... not sure if it down to this concoction or if it's just worse in the evening... we'll see inshaAllah!
                        Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                        http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

                        Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                        Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

                        Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                        Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

                        The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

                        ‪#‎ChangingEducation

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                          not to mention beenficial for lots of other ailments! (the honey/ vinegar combination) gotta use the good stuff though not just any old honey/ vinegar combination!) Also should be drunk everyday to see the full benefits of it inshaallah :up:
                          What does 'freedom' mean?

                          Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                          Restricted by the sky?

                          Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                          Not enough river to explore?

                          Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                          but death for the fish,

                          The sea is wide for the fish
                          but will engulf the bird.

                          We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                          We can only express our nature as it was created.

                          The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                          freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                          Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                          and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                          Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

                          “All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                            Originally posted by Joha View Post
                            you weird land lubbers, sitting and complaining about plant seeds when you know how much they hate us. The next outbreak of the triffids must be just around the corner. The other idea is to live on the moon, but that's just stupid.

                            Water on the other hand - very very different, the sea loves us, soo much that only a month ago it almost tried to grab me.

                            cue some gratuitous poem about it:
                            Yuhh....do you actually believe everything that you say, or does the brain lock-off and the fingers get free reign? :wacko:


                            Originally posted by seven View Post
                            I was told about this recipe for general good health. I've read it's quite good for hayfever also. (ask zee's sis for more details - plus you can buy the raw honey and apple cider vinegar from her!)

                            my hayfever usually starts early/spring time... last night was really bad, but alhamdulillah it's calmed down quite a bit now... not sure if it down to this concoction or if it's just worse in the evening... we'll see inshaAllah!
                            Sounds like you've got it quite bad! Insha'Allah, let us know if the stuff actually works, I might try it too. As it is I'll probably just get some hayfever tablets from somewhere
                            Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                            not to mention beenficial for lots of other ailments! (the honey/ vinegar combination) gotta use the good stuff though not just any old honey/ vinegar combination!) Also should be drunk everyday to see the full benefits of it inshaallah :up:
                            I honestly can't see myself downing a cup of honey and vinegar daily...do you try half of this stuff out yourself?
                            Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough
                            Strange enough, I've never complained about hayfever. It's never really bothered me before.











                            But I guess that's because I've never had it..
                            Get out of this thread
                            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                            -Muslim



                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                              Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                              Yuhh....do you actually believe everything that you say, or does the brain lock-off and the fingers get free reign? :wacko:
                              :) better the brain getting free reign on here than in real life, might get a punch in real life and I'll come worse off...

                              I honestly can't see myself downing a cup of honey and vinegar daily...do you try half of this stuff out yourself?
                              bit pointless to try half the stuff, I'd try the whole lot.
                              ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.


                              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                              a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                              worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                              a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                              and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

                              -- Jerome K. Jerome
                              (Three Men in a Boat)

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                                Wow, I'm surprised those posts got deleted, what with half the crap that's allowed to stand on this forum. :S

                                Anyhoo, I guess I should make a real contribution; sodium cromoglicate eye drops do the business if you've got itchy eyes from hayfever and grab yourself some one a day tablets (I recommend Loratidine, long lasting, non drowsy formulation) but you gotta make sure to take them as the hayfever season starts so as to build up protection. That's usually March but those who suffer from tree allergies should start in February.

                                Other tips; avoid going out when allergens are most in the air (mornings and early evenings), close windows and doors during these times as well, avoid parks and green areas especially where this is lots of flowers or freshly cut grass. Also wash your hair when you return home as lots of allergens collect into hair (hijabis need not worry).

                                Getting an air ioniser in the home can also help keep the air allergen free. Remember to keep those doors and windows closed though.

                                What else? Buying anti allergy duvets and bed clothes can help you a lot at night. Also, if you find that you are getting too much nasal congestion, aside from using a good nasal spray like flixonase, beconase etc you can also use decongestant tablets (pseudoephidrine hydrochloride is good) just for short term relief. If you're pregnant however, you can't really take many of the above medication so you just have to suffer.

                                There, hope that was relevant enough.
                                Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

                                "Zendagi Migzara..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X