Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

just thought i would share

Sneezing brings a person the blessing of relief by releasing vapours that were trapped in the head which, if they were to remain there, would cause him pain and sickness. For this reason, Islam tells him to praise Allaah for this blessing and for the fact that his body is still intact after this jolt that shook him like an earthquake… for sneezing causes a disturbing movement in the body… It was said (concerning the origin of the word “tashmeet” [which is translated here as “saying ‘yarhamuk Allaah’, but the original meaning is to tell someone to rejoice at another’s ‘misfortune’]): this is telling him to feel joyful because he has annoyed the Shaytaan by praising Allaah for the blessing of sneezing and its association with things that Allaah likes. When a person mentions Allaah and praises Him, this annoys the Shaytaan in several ways, for example: the act of sneezing itself, which Allaah likes; his praising Allaah for it; the Muslims praying for mercy for him; and his prayer for them to be guided. All of this annoys the Shaytaan and makes him upset, so the believer is told to rejoice over this annoyance of his enemy. Praying for mercy for the one who sneezes is called tashmeet because it implies that he should rejoice over the annoyance of his enemy. This is a good meaning which people should bear in mind when they sneeze or say ‘yarhamuk Allaah’ to one who sneezes, and they should appreciate the blessing of sneezing for the body and mind, and understand why Allaah likes it. Praise be to Allaah as is His due for He is the Most Generous and Majestic.

I feel so sick now after tens of sneezing Igot a headache! :( :( , gonna sleep iA, Assalamu alaikum...
    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

:jkk: monsieur, you deserve some reps for that :)

WaAlaykum AsSalaam waRahmatullahi waBarakatuhu

And :jkk: to everybody for their help, muchly appreciated!
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

*yay this years hayfever thread has been made! :p*

*sniffles* :(
        :love:"And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." (Quran: 65/2-3)

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaath View Post
          just thought i would share

Sneezing brings a person the blessing of relief by releasing vapours that were trapped in the head which, if they were to remain there, would cause him pain and sickness. For this reason, Islam tells him to praise Allaah for this blessing and for the fact that his body is still intact after this jolt that shook him like an earthquake… for sneezing causes a disturbing movement in the body… It was said (concerning the origin of the word “tashmeet” [which is translated here as “saying ‘yarhamuk Allaah’, but the original meaning is to tell someone to rejoice at another’s ‘misfortune’]): this is telling him to feel joyful because he has annoyed the Shaytaan by praising Allaah for the blessing of sneezing and its association with things that Allaah likes. When a person mentions Allaah and praises Him, this annoys the Shaytaan in several ways, for example: the act of sneezing itself, which Allaah likes; his praising Allaah for it; the Muslims praying for mercy for him; and his prayer for them to be guided. All of this annoys the Shaytaan and makes him upset, so the believer is told to rejoice over this annoyance of his enemy. Praying for mercy for the one who sneezes is called tashmeet because it implies that he should rejoice over the annoyance of his enemy. This is a good meaning which people should bear in mind when they sneeze or say ‘yarhamuk Allaah’ to one who sneezes, and they should appreciate the blessing of sneezing for the body and mind, and understand why Allaah likes it. Praise be to Allaah as is His due for He is the Most Generous and Majestic.

I feel so sick now after tens of sneezing Igot a headache! :( :( , gonna sleep iA, Assalamu alaikum...
          jazakAllahu khayr!
          http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by .: Jannati :. View Post
            *yay this years hayfever thread has been made! :p*

*sniffles* :(
            :there: I know how you feel.

I searched for another thread and only found one by MG for kids.....
            Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
            jazakAllahu khayr!
            Pssst...rep him :D
            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
            -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
              :there: I know how you feel.

I searched for another thread and only found one by MG for kids.....

Pssst...rep him :D
              sis, im the one who needs to get repped, i brought the topic up first remember?? : p just joking, i shall indeed rep the brother for the very beneficial post!
              http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

MMS says:
                do us all a favour and next time sneeze with ur eyes wide open with any luck your head will explode
                :(
                -Muslim

Comment

It is related with regard to Abu Dawud (as-Sijstani), the author of the Sunan [Abi Dawud], that he was on board of of ship. He heard a person at shore sneezing and sayin "Alhamdulillah" [the praise is for Allah].

So he hired a rowing boat for one dirham and went to shore and replied to this person's saying: "Yarhamkullah" [Allah have mercy on you].

Imam Abu Dawud was asked about this action of his, he answered:
                  It is possible that this person who sneezed is a man whose supplication is accepted by Allah
                  When people on board fell asleep, they heard a voice calling out:
                  Oh people of the ship! Surely Abu Dawud purchased paradise from Allah for one Dirham!.

Source:
                  * He may have expected that person to reply to him by saying; "May Allah have mercy on us and you and forgive us and you"... As was practised by the Salaf:

Malik related to me from Nafi that when
                  Abdullah ibn Umar sneezed and someone said to him, "May Allah have mercy on you," (Yarhamuka'llah), he said, "May Allah have mercy on us and you, and forgive us and you." (Yarhamuna'llah wa yaghfirlana wa lakum).

Comment

i've been feeling feverish almost everyday, sneezing like crazy..it's actually more annoying if you feel like sneezing but you can't sneeze, you know the feeling?

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                      It is related with regard to Abu Dawud (as-Sijstani), the author of the Sunan [Abi Dawud], that he was on board of of ship. He heard a person at shore sneezing and sayin "Alhamdulillah" [the praise is for Allah].

So he hired a rowing boat for one dirham and went to shore and replied to this person's saying: "Yarhamkullah" [Allah have mercy on you].

Imam Abu Dawud was asked about this action of his, he answered:

When people on board fell asleep, they heard a voice calling out:

Source:
                      * He may have expected that person to reply to him by saying; "May Allah have mercy on us and you and forgive us and you"... As was practised by the Salaf:

Malik related to me from Nafi that when
                      Abdullah ibn Umar sneezed and someone said to him, "May Allah have mercy on you," (Yarhamuka'llah), he said, "May Allah have mercy on us and you, and forgive us and you." (Yarhamuna'llah wa yaghfirlana wa lakum).
                      oh subhanallah, i never knew, Allah is the most Merciful Allahu akbar.

Comment

i've not had hayfever yet this year.. really weird but Alhamdulilah

i take tablets and use some natural remedies honey warm milk etc
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

:salams

Dude I'm disappointed in you. You made a dramatic thread saying you were leaving to go to some 'scary place' and it seemed you would be gone for a long time yet here you are 5 mins later posting threads about hayfever!!

Tut tut.

By the way my internet connection should be back this Monday insha'Allah. So be ready for some stimulus pack ownage!! :badguy:
                          Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
                            :salams

Dude I'm disappointed in you. You made a dramatic thread saying you were leaving to go to some 'scary place' and it seemed you would be gone for a long time yet here you are 5 mins later posting threads about hayfever!!

Tut tut.

By the way my internet connection should be back this Monday insha'Allah. So be ready for some stimulus pack ownage!! :badguy:
                            dude iranian weddings are really scary i can't leave for long i have to work.. :( sucks

i just wanted duas for my family lol :p :jkk:

been traveling to much lately was in london all day today :|
                            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post

Malik related to me from Nafi that whenAbdullah ibn Umar sneezed and someone said to him, "May Allah have mercy on you," (Yarhamuka'llah), he said, "May Allah have mercy on us and you, and forgive us and you." (Yarhamuna'llah wa yaghfirlana wa lakum).
                              I just learnt that the term Yarhamukallah originated from when Adam (as) was created. When the soul was put into Adam (as) he sneezed then said Alhamdulillah. Allah (swt) then replied saying Yarhamukallah.

Comment

Bee Propolis is excellent.

قال بعض السلف :
                                خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X