• Show
Clear All

Re: Hay feverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Originally posted by Macchiato View Post
    eurgh bogey nose :s

would you like to borrow a plunger?
    Don't make me come after you!
    Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
    I ain't a wacko! Gosh. Nah man, you know when that feeling when you want to sneeze but you can't? I hate it, so I love sneezing, and then I love saying Alhamdulillah!

As for shower, just have a cool shower and it will be fine. It was pretty sunny today, so that could've caused it. My fever went fine, and I did loads of gardening! Get this it's the best:
    Have you ever sneezed until it drove you crazy? It's not a nice feeling...

LOL at the suggestions, MS you big girl! :p
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Comment

Have some water, that helps also. Some cold Volvic will do, tap water sucks. Yes, you're right, Halls, Soothers and whatever other ones there are do not help at all.
      That'd have an adverse effect :p
      Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
      Hmm.... difficult one here!
      Indeedeh, I remember getting some stuff from my doc before and that didn't help much :/
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
        Lockets are too strong for me (they taste horrible) :/ but thanks!
        i also used to hate it, but it helped me a lot when i had hayfever so i just carried on taking them. they aint strong for me now. i've gotten used to it. i say just try it. inshaAllah it'll help
        There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Don't make me come after you!

Have you ever sneezed until it drove you crazy? It's not a nice feeling...

LOL at the suggestions, MS you big girl! :p
          I think I have but sneezing is awesome, it feels amazing. But it has happened you know and I be like "when will it stop!".

Dove helps because it has a natural smell, don't use anything like Detol Soap, use something that smells nice. Or, if you have any Pakistani people around you get some "Joshanda" make an English cup of tea and mix it in there. It works fine.

Joshanda:

About Joshanda:
          It consists of herbs, such as Viola odorata (Gulebanafsha), Onosma bracteatum (Gaozaban), Zizyphus sativa (Unnab) and Glycyrrhiza glabra (Aslassoos), Cordia latifolia (Sapistan) and Althaea officinalis (Khatmi) which have been recognized as the most efficacious herbal cure for cold, bronchitis and in inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract.
          I am not a girl, you bully!

Comment

assalamu alaykum

dont mean to derail the thread, but is it true that when you sneeze a part of your soul has left you? subhan'Allah...
            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

I'm afraid you're just gonna have to live with it Hiking.
              (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

i just sneezed 9 times in a row.. woah..
                http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                  i also used to hate it, but it helped me a lot when i had hayfever so i just carried on taking them. they aint strong for me now. i've gotten used to it. i say just try it. inshaAllah it'll help
                  Ok, :jkk: :)
                  I think I have but sneezing is awesome, it feels amazing. But it has happened you know and I be like "when will it stop!".
                  Now you speaking my language!
                  Dove helps because it has a natural smell, don't use anything like Detol Soap, use something that smells nice.
                  :scratch: how is a natural smell going to be of any more use than a chemicalfied fake one?
                  Or, if you have any Pakistani people around you get some "Joshanda" make an English cup of tea and mix it in there. It works fine.

Joshanda:

About Joshanda:
                  LOWL! I make it a point not to use tiny foreign packets of stuff be it pakistani, chinese, indian or korean, it's beyond me how people can pick up a foreign packet of stuff and just use it. This one might be in English, but I'm still steering clear! (Plus I've no idea where to get that from anyway :p)
                  I am not a girl, you bully!
                  I am not a bully, you big-girl's blouse!
                  -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                    assalamu alaykum

dont mean to derail the thread, but is it true that when you sneeze a part of your soul has left you? subhan'Allah...
                    no not sure but, i heard that u can die when u sneeze.. (if for some reason ur heart stops) allahu alam..
                    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                      assalamu alaykum

waAlaykum AsSalaam, no idea ukhti, anybody?
                      Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                      I'm afraid you're just gonna have to live with it Hiking.
                      Well there are alot of suggestions here, I'll try them insha'Allah (even if I have been like ) but of course I will, I've had it for years it's just particularly irritating today...
                      Originally posted by Fuaath View Post
                      i just sneezed 9 times in a row.. woah..
                      Welcome to my world :p YarhamukAllah!
                      -Muslim

Comment

Ok, :jkk: :)
                        Now you speaking my language!

:scratch: how is a natural smell going to be of any more use than a chemicalfied fake one?

LOWL! I make it a point not to use tiny foreign packets of stuff be it pakistani, chinese, indian or korean, it's beyond me how people can pick up a foreign packet of stuff and just use it. This one might be in English, but I'm still steering clear! (Plus I've no idea where to get that from anyway :p)

I am not a bully, you big-girl's blouse!
                        Dunno it works trust me! That Joshanda thing works fine aswell, honestly, ask one of your Pakistani friends they will know about it.

You are a bully.

Comment

:(

Fanks for your help anyway...
                          -Muslim

Comment

i used to have very bad hay fever like all year round :S and then i took neoclarityn for a few months and its gone ever since :D alhamdulillah
                            Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
                            koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaath View Post
                              no not sure but, i heard that u can die when u sneeze.. (if for some reason ur heart stops) allahu alam..
                              Apparently your heart stops beating for a second when you sneeze which is why were taught to say Alhamdulillah after sneezing.

Comment

also, ive read that when a believer sneezes, then this is part of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala's mercy... not sure if this is true?? but if it is, then let the sneezing commence!! atchoo!! LOL
                                http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Working...
                                X