X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey

Salaam all!

We know about the benefits of honey:

'And thy Lord taught the bee to build its cells in hills, on trees and in (men's) habitations..... there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for mankind. Verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought'.
    (Translation of Quran 16:68-69)

'Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Qur'an is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Qur'an and honey.'
    (Bukhari)

Apparently the honey sold in supermarkets is made from bees that are fed sugar and vitamins, the honey is heated, and different stuff is added to it to make it look golden in color. Apparently all the natural medicine in it is destroyed when it is manipulated this way. If we want to eat the honey that the Prophet peace be upon him recommended as a medicine then we need to eat raw honey.

So where do members get their honey from?

WaSalaam :)
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Re: Honey

As salam alaykum sis,

I buy Manuka honey from Boots or Holland and Barrett. It costs 18.99 for 250 grams and has a UMF- Unique Manuka Factor of 15. Apparently the UMF is a measure of the antibacterial 'ability' of the honey, and it comes from New Zealand. I've also heard that the honey you buy in the shops isn't much good for digestive probs, general ailments wounds etc.

:)

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
    Salaam all!

We know about the benefits of honey:

'And thy Lord taught the bee to build its cells in hills, on trees and in (men's) habitations..... there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for mankind. Verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought'.
    (Translation of Quran 16:68-69)

'Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Qur'an is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Qur'an and honey.'
    (Bukhari)

Apparently the honey sold in supermarkets is made from bees that are fed sugar and vitamins, the honey is heated, and different stuff is added to it to make it look golden in color. Apparently all the natural medicine in it is destroyed when it is manipulated this way. If we want to eat the honey that the Prophet peace be upon him recommended as a medicine then we need to eat raw honey.

So where do members get their honey from?

WaSalaam :)

Comment

Working...
    X