Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICE places to eat in birmingham

assalamu alaykum,

any nice places to eat in brum? pref not asian takeaways please, but more like grilled food or sea food? and does anyone have the postcode for cov road? jazakAllahu khayr
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Re: NICE places to eat in birmingham

A place near greenlane masjid called Abu zayds!! the food was excellent mashaAllah...

grilled kebab, chops,ribs,chiken,steaks,rice,chips,fresh fruit juices etc the works mashaAllah and Its soo cheap compared to London!

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
      A place near greenlane masjid called Abu zayds!! the food was excellent mashaAllah...

grilled kebab, chops,ribs,chiken,steaks,rice,chips,fresh fruit juices etc the works mashaAllah and Its soo cheap compared to London!
      I went there the Eritrean/Lebanese place mashalah i went there a couple a months ago good service but was packed at all times

Comment

jazakAllahu khayr, i remember someone mentioning this place to me, do they have purda facilities?? sounds nice masha'Allah

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

oh is it lebanese!! im deffo going insha'Allah!

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post

Damn, Ibn K wasn't kidding ...

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
              oh is it lebanese!! im deffo going insha'Allah!
              the owners are lebanese and eritrean but from what i saw and thier menu most of what they sell is no different from all the other Arab/Somali/eritrean restaurants it just happened to more expensive

Comment

jazakAllahu khayr, i remember someone mentioning this place to me, do they have purda facilities?? sounds nice masha'Allah
                yeah i saw a group of niqabis go in some little area with a curtain if i remember properly

Comment

Wa alaykum salam,

On Coventry road I would recommend MoMo's which ihas arab food such as grilled chicken, the food is good and well priced however might be a bit rough and ready. If you wanted somewhere with nicer decor and quieter I would say Badr's also on coventry road right beside dar us salam bookshop and the islamic bank of britain postcode B10 0UF- They serve arab food. Another arab restaurant is about 3 doors up called Abu Zayds- not as good as Badr's in my opinion.

For all other mainstream restaurants such as Nando's, Shere Khan's, Belle Italia etc you would need to go to Star City. Apart from that lots of people head to Ladypool road however I've found that there is predominantly asian restaurants there and in my opinion are quite pricey. However if you had quite a few people with you buffet might be the way to go for ex Lahore Buffet- asian food. There is an arab buffet option on coventry road it's called Mashwii.

:)

assalamu alaykum,

any nice places to eat in brum? pref not asian takeaways please, but more like grilled food or sea food? and does anyone have the postcode for cov road? jazakAllahu khayr

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
                    Damn, Ibn K wasn't kidding ...

?? kidding about what?

Comment

momo is nice and abu zayds is really nice mash'Allah few nice places in brum ;)
                      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

All those places mashalah are nice if your not used to that food for most Arabs and Somalis its what you eat on a regular .

thats why i used to crave halal alternatives like italien or chinese lol Asian food is too spicey for me it burns my throat out lol

Comment

Originally posted by hajarjavaid View Post
                          Wa alaykum salam,

On Coventry road I would recommend MoMo's which ihas arab food such as grilled chicken, the food is good and well priced however might be a bit rough and ready. If you wanted somewhere with nicer decor and quieter I would say Badr's also on coventry road right beside dar us salam bookshop and the islamic bank of britain postcode B10 0UF- They serve arab food. Another arab restaurant is about 3 doors up called Abu Zayds- not as good as Badr's in my opinion.

For all other mainstream restaurants such as Nando's, Shere Khan's, Belle Italia etc you would need to go to Star City. Apart from that lots of people head to Ladypool road however I've found that there is predominantly asian restaurants there and in my opinion are quite pricey. However if you had quite a few people with you buffet might be the way to go for ex Lahore Buffet- asian food. There is an arab buffet option on coventry road it's called Mashwii.

:)
                          jazakAllahu khayr sister..

Comment

Working...
                          X