Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dilemma, please reply asap!

As Salaamu Alaykum,

I have a very quick question that is driving me nuts. My husband is out in Dubai on a business trip, and is my only source of transportation. Now I have to get off of work at 11pm. Taking a cab home is going to cost me $23 which i already spent TWICE this week, and I dont have money to pay for another cab again :( I found that there is one bus that takes me straight home at 11:10pm but its kinda of a far walking distance from my job and i dont know if i will reach it in time! Im so so so SO scared to be out at night my by myself, there are so many rapes and kidnappings and murders here. Also I have NO ONE and i know absolutely NO ONE here and I am not even exaggerating so I cant ask anyone to take me home. I am scared out of my wits being alone w/o my husband especially travelling alone. I have no idea what to do, if I call in sick my job will like interrogate me the next day, and I just started too. I have nooo idea what to do :( help!!

BTW i dont have a license so I cant drive
    Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
    :love:

Re: Dilemma, please reply asap!

:wswrwb:

Do you think you could talk with them and try to finish earlier? If not, I'd pull a sickie and risk the interrogation, it's not worth the risk being out at that time.
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Comment

i would simply print this off and hand it to them. There is nothing wrong with a women who fears for her safety without the presence of her husband. They should understand then imho. good luck. :up:
      ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

I agree with the above. Nothing is better than the truth and your boss/manager will respect you for being upfront and real. Tell them that you will have to leave earlier as your usual transportation arrangement is unavailable right now and you do not want to end up in a difficult situation.
        "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
        Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

im sure if you explain to them the taxi is too expensive and their is no public transport available they would let you off early if they are reasonable?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Sis, no offence to you cos i love you and you know that but... what on earth is your husband doing in another country if you are not taken care of in his absence?!? by all means, go on business.. but why have you no money for a taxi home from work for all the days he is going to be away!?!? ESPECIALLY since its so dangerous for you to be out at that time of the night on your own and also cos you dont know anyone else!!!
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

assalamu alaykum,

firstly, do not call in sick, health is a blessing and we should not lie that we are ill, furthermore if you get 'sick pay' then islamically, i dont think its right for you to take the money because you havent worked for that money and you aint really sick.

also, managers have a duty of care for their employees, so if you speak to your manager they might be able to take you home. If you explain how you explained here, then i doubt they would make you work your normal working hours, because, in situations such as this, management take extra precautions incase something did happen.

does your workplace allow you to take holiday? you could always ring in and say you need emergency leave and explain the situation.
              http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Thank u all for the advice. I really really appreciate it.

I did call in sick, I had to, I cant explain the company I work for, but let us pretend it ryhmes with hellmart =/ They have no mercy I kid you not, myself and thousands upon thousands of other employees are in my same shoes. I probably will get terminated but I am just way to scared out of my mind to go out at night, it scares me so much thinking about it almost gives me a panic attack.

My husband left me more than enough money just in case, but I dont have certain money to spend on certain things such as a cab :( I mean I have more than enough, but thats for other things excluding a cab. We are on a super budget due to the economic crisis getting worse and worse here by the day. We were in an excellent situation a year ago, and now its totally different hence me working at this horrible place!!

I feel much better not going today, but now stressed about losing my job!!! Ive been so stressed these days you cannot imagine :(

I wish I could simply tell them its an emergency and they would be okay with it but its not. I know because they make me lift heavy boxes and I told them my heart has been really hurting badly since I have a heart condition pickling up the boxes. The manager then responded until I bring in a doctors note, I have to still lift the boxes cause for all he knows, I could be lying, the nerve!! So when I drop DEAD maybe they will believe me? So you see its hard to call off sick or say its an emergency cause they have no MERCY!!

Its such a long story, but barakAllahu feek for the advice I really really appreciate it and its nice to hear from you all.
                Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them

Comment

but they let you work in niqaab right?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

is there any other individuals who finish at the same time. Any chance of getting a lift.

In the mean time learn self defence. You dony have to pay just some basic techniques may save your life.

Always stike the adams apple or around that region, and if anyone tries to strangle you, heel them. Carry coins that are easily accessible so if you have to chuck you can. Carry minimal cash and nothing that they can use to follow you up. Just chuck purses at them rather than hand them over. Its rarely personal hence they would just prefer to get your purse.

Carry one of these...http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dormbuys.com/images/products/Key_Ring_Personal_Alarm_I.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dormbuys.com/shop/product/167&usg=__k_L2e6F2Cm5U-kEOTRl5lxXVslA=&h=291&w=482&sz=58&hl=en&start=3&si g2=VTR7nEzWGSSjFN5yoOAqeg&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=jud5aG DrVaDDxM:&tbnh=78&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsafety%2Bpersonal%2Balarm%26um%3D1%26 hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=kpj1S5yfJY2W_Qa ey5iuCg

and ofcourse most important make dua to Allah to keep with safe.

Make sure you read the dua when you go out and ayatul kursi. :up:

Comment

I just started working so I dont know anyone there to give me a ride home. And I think im a bit too tiny to be fighting off bad guys at night after a long days work =/

Comment

tiny schminy...did you not watch stuart little - your only as big as you feel.

Self defence is not about sorting someone out, its about keeping yourself safe...atleast ukhti buy that alarm...it will most probably be available on ebay.com for next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Islamiyyah View Post
                          I just started working so I dont know anyone there to give me a ride home. And I think im a bit too tiny to be fighting off bad guys at night after a long days work =/
                          Can't really help with dilemma Islamiyyah but nice to see you around! How've you been sis?
                          ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                          a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                          worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                          a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                          and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                          (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Is it possible to swap shifts with any of the day staff? If not then it might be an idea to keep an eye open for a new job just in case the situation deteriorates. One time I needed to take a few weeks off and my boss was very reluctant to let me cos' loads of staff wanted those particular weeks off for some reason so I asked people in my department if anyone was willing to swap shifts with me and a student there said he wouldn't mind working my shifts while I was away cos' he needed the extra money and had the free time to do it (most of the other staff were young mums who couldn't be as flexible cos' of their home commitments). As soon as my colleague agreed to it my boss let me have the holiday. Tbh I wasn't even that close to my colleagues, it was just a practical arrangement but alhamdullilah it still worked out.
                            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Islamiyyah View Post
                              As Salaamu Alaykum,

I have a very quick question that is driving me nuts. My husband is out in Dubai on a business trip, and is my only source of transportation. Now I have to get off of work at 11pm. Taking a cab home is going to cost me $23 which i already spent TWICE this week, and I dont have money to pay for another cab again :( I found that there is one bus that takes me straight home at 11:10pm but its kinda of a far walking distance from my job and i dont know if i will reach it in time! Im so so so SO scared to be out at night my by myself, there are so many rapes and kidnappings and murders here. Also I have NO ONE and i know absolutely NO ONE here and I am not even exaggerating so I cant ask anyone to take me home. I am scared out of my wits being alone w/o my husband especially travelling alone. I have no idea what to do, if I call in sick my job will like interrogate me the next day, and I just started too. I have nooo idea what to do :( help!!

BTW i dont have a license so I cant drive
                              are you in the capital of Cali?

anyways, if i were you, i would pay the taxi rather than go in bus as per your description of the danger
                              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                              X