• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummus bi-Tahina

Hummus Bi-Tahina
    makes 3, 1/4 cup servings

2 (15-oz) cans garbanzo beans, undrained

3 small cloves garlic

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon tahina (sesame seed paste)

3 tablespoons water

Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/4 cup liquid, and set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Drop garlic through food chute with processor running, and process 3 seconds or until minced. Add garbanzo beans, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, and remaining ingredients; process 3 minutes until smooth. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Serve with pita bread and raw vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.

-Charity
    Please Re-update your Signature

That food "Hummus" seems to be a popular Jewish food, too. A Jewish friend of mine in Buenos Aires often makes that. I've never tried yet, but on the basis of your recipe I might.

There are many Hummus foods here, too: http://www.ummah.com/family/

Comment

Re: Hummus bi-Tahina

Originally posted by PeaceCharity
      Hummus Bi-Tahina
      makes 3, 1/4 cup servings

2 (15-oz) cans garbanzo beans, undrained

3 small cloves garlic

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon tahina (sesame seed paste)

3 tablespoons water

Drain garbanzo beans, reserving 1/4 cup liquid, and set aside. Position knife blade in food processor bowl. Drop garlic through food chute with processor running, and process 3 seconds or until minced. Add garbanzo beans, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, and remaining ingredients; process 3 minutes until smooth. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Serve with pita bread and raw vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.

-Charity

I use olive oil, lemon juice and cumin when I make hummus. I use the liquid from the beans only if it is too thick. When it is finished, I spread in a serving platter and garnish with cumin and paprika. What I would like to know is how is it made without a food procesor - does anyone know? It probably is quite labor intensive.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X