Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with a 4 year old brother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do with a 4 year old brother?

Best thing for a 4 year old brother, some advice from a guy who was 4 years old once.

Just let him do what he wants, play with outside, chase him around the garden, have water pistol fights, or water balloon fights, can he ride a bike? If not teach him how to ride a bike?

Go the park and let him go bonkers on the gumboree.
    Ask Allah for everything, even if it is only a shoe-lace, beacuse if Allah does not make it easy, then it will not be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
      If you provide him with other activities he'll forget about tv...play with him...just running around chasing each other...engage his imagination...I play 'monsters' with my 4yr old nephew...we take it in turns to be the monster...and when you get caught the monster tickles you..

Kids love cooking....make cupcakes...and decorate them together...make pizza and let him choose the toppings

Make a 'tent' (2 chairs...big clothe..and heavy thongs e.g. books to hold it all in place) and just play in the tent...tell stories etc etc

Read to him....draw....

PIf you have a garden play outside....get some bubbles and make him pop them....play football/cricket or whatever

Remember as his older brother he looks up to you....and he probably wants to do.whatever you do and will be happy just to spend time with you
      Yep. This is very good. We did (do) all this stuff.

I've had three 4 year olds and I'll have another in about 6 months. Teach him to ride a bike. Stabilisers first, of course. The weather's great where I am (England), so now's the time to teach him. Swimming's been mentioned. That's not just fun but is also a necessary life skill. If you throw yourself into these activities now, he'll love you forever.
      I played fighting games with all of mine, and still do. They know the difference between playing and deliberate hurting. My first two were always interested in playing 'Army'. It's a good way to teach them about being honourable. 'Good' soldiers don't kill P.O.W's. etc.They're naturally inquisitive, so they ask about what they see on TV, in the papers and what they hear being discussed. There's no hiding the war from them. Unfortunately.

Comment

Okay maybe 4 years is too young to kick the crap out of him. But trust me, as someone who's had 3 younger brothers, sooner or later you'll have to show em' whose boss. They do your head in the little critters.

Comment

Some of the 'advice' on here is pretty irresponsible and really not funny.

Ibrahim12, some other great advice on here, I'm sure you know which posts those are.

Comment

He's only four! Give him some time, he's still learning and exploring basic skills.
            Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
            :love:

Comment

try to keep his mind off wanting to watch TV.
              Keep him busy doing what kids do.
              then he may get bored of the T.V and not be so attached.
              'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
              Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
              علي الحبشي

Comment

Whats with the childish replies on here? Just keep him away from the brainwashing TV and take him out to the park, Play football, cricket etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
                  NO! My advice is better. Kick the crap out of him. Thats what little brothers are for.
                  Not funny

Comment

fly kites with him

Comment

Read to him, go to the playground, play a boardgame, take him out for a treat, play soccer or catch with him, fly kites, go to the childrens museum, go swimming, go to the park and feed the ducks, take him to the zoo, bake cookies together, play marbles, play mother may i, redlight greenlight, etc, go to the toystore....................

Comment

Keep him away from the TV an yeah he's young aww but keep him active an take him to masjid etc get him involved with the brothers now
                        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

my naphew's almost four and he just charged at me without any warning! that sneaky lil thing! lol

anyway, play fighting is a fun activity, as long as you remember the fun part of it, i and my naphew learnt new 'fight poses' today Lol, and I've also been asking him to recite the du'as that his baba taught him.. teach your brother short du'as and surahs- mashaAllah kids that age have very sharp memory

get active with him, chase each other around the house! take him outdoors, make him count something different each time you're both out [number of buses, colored cars, etc], tell him about Allah's creation- the sun, stars, moon, like how they're big, bright and shiny etc...remember brother- don't be afraid of trying out something silly and make sure he enjoys whatever you both choose to do!
                          Last edited by Hayaa; 20-05-10, 08:27 PM.
                          حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

Comment

Originally posted by Troubled Soul View Post
                            Not funny
                            Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayaa View Post
                              my naphew's almost four and he just charged at me without any warning! that sneaky lil thing! lol

!
                              whats a 'naphew'? :rotfl:

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                              www.QuranicAudio.com
                              www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                                whats a 'naphew'? :rotfl:
                                Apparently its a "kind of small turnip" :rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                                X