Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with a 4 year old brother?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with a 4 year old brother?

I have a 4 year old Brother, but I don't know anything fun to do with him. I try to teach him some quran but he never pays attention. All he does is watch the dreaded t.v. Any advice ?

Re: What do you do with a 4 year old brother?

Get some sunshine? Go to the park, join kiddie circles so he can chill-ax with other children his age.

Comment

He is only 4 bro, go easy on him.. Till he is about 7 lol. For now, try and get him into stuff like archery, swimming, play fighting.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post
        Get some sunshine? Go to the park, join kiddie circles so he can chill-ax with other children his age.
        Originally posted by -MA- View Post
        He is only 4 bro, go easy on him.. Till he is about 7 lol. For now, try and get him into stuff like archery, swimming, play fighting.

NO! My advice is better. Kick the crap out of him. Thats what little brothers are for.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
          Yes

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
          NO! My advice is better. Kick the crap out of him. Thats what little brothers are for.
          No

Comment

At last a thread where I can showcase my gift

There are a number of things you can do with a four year old, for example:

- Teach him how to wash his hands properly because a lot of the other things I'm going to tell you involve touching him and you don't want his hands to be gross do you? Oh and it's healthy and such

- Make him sit beside a trashcan when he's hungry and see if he'll eat garbage.

- Teach him fun phrases like "homie you aint all that" and "holla"

- Play fighting is always good but extreme play fighting is better. The loser dies. Depending on how strong that little kid is the loser could be you so you better watch yourself.

- Blame him for EVERYTHING. You broke a cup, he did it. You punched a cop, he did it.
            Last edited by SweetTooth; 19-05-10, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

MashaAllah that you would like to learn your brother Qur'an! May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa) make it easy for you and reward you with Khair and Barakah in your life, Ameen!

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience regarding what to do with little brothers. I, myself, have a littlebrother, but he is 1 years old and most things we tend to do is "peak-a-boo", play with his toys, teach him how to walk and etc.

I am sorry if I am not much of help, but I don't think that "kicking the crap" out of him will do well, it will do more harm than good. And I guess that you don't want to injure your little brother.

NoLa has good advice! You guys can go to the park, go out in the sun, play around, bike etc.
              And for regarding the handwash by SweetTooth is great! You can teach him numerous things, it will be both fun and good! :up:

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
              Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
              Ukhti S.
              Last edited by Ukhti S.; 19-05-10, 02:40 AM.
              Allah is my Support, the Qur'an and Sunnah is my Guide and Paradise is my Goal!

You are the servant, He is the Master.
              Prayers come from you, answers come from Him.
              Abstinence comes from you, protection comes from Him.
              Repentance comes from you, acceptance comes from Him.
              Go towards him walking, He will come to you running.

Comment

4 year old are so cute, it's like the cutest age masha'Allah.

Ask him what he wants to do with you?

Give him a few options, like going swimming together. You could get him some arm bands if he doesn't already have some, and of course go to a male only session. You could take a ball in with you, and play with it together.

You could also take him to the library to the childrens corner. There's usually some nice soft toys and bean bags for them to sit on, and you could show him different books, and get him a library card whilst you're there. Chose some books together, and if he ha sa little back pack, you can put the books in there and he will feel so big and proud!

If the weather's nice, take him for a walk in the park, or if he has a tricycle, let him ride it in the park, and take some bread with you to feed the ducks. I'm sure he'll like that. You could get him an ice cream after that if the weathers good.
                قال بعض السلف :
                خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Comment

Originally posted by fisabilillah View Post
                  4 year old are so cute, it's like the cutest age masha'Allah.

Ask him what he wants to do with you?

Give him a few options, like going swimming together. You could get him some arm bands if he doesn't already have some, and of course go to a male only session. You could take a ball in with you, and play with it together.

You could also take him to the library to the childrens corner. There's usually some nice soft toys and bean bags for them to sit on, and you could show him different books, and get him a library card whilst you're there. Chose some books together, and if he ha sa little back pack, you can put the books in there and he will feel so big and proud!

If the weather's nice, take him for a walk in the park, or if he has a tricycle, let him ride it in the park, and take some bread with you to feed the ducks. I'm sure he'll like that. You could get him an ice cream after that if the weathers good.
                  Ducks!! They make you go into a good giggle fit too with their quackalicious quacking..gets me every time..be careful of the goose I believe, they will nip at you.

Comment

half of you don't know what you're talking about . i dont recommend play fighting because although its just "play" they will think its okay to do that in school and its not a good behavioural practice at such a young age. there are many other types of playing ideas to take part in with a 4 year old and play fighting or anything violent is no where close to being a good idea. a better idea would be to play sports out doors, read books, and stuff like that. introducing violent activities at such an impressionable age is just dumb.
                    Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

I have a 6 year old brother and yep, if there was a TV at home, he'd be stuck to it all day long. The computer's worse enough with the Tom and Jerry shows...haha!

But I do remember when he was 4/5 I started to teach him the Masnoon Duas for the first time. Their brain is super sharp at such a tender age MashaAllah and it helps to keep what they learn in memory for a longer period of time if learnt during their single-digit years.
                      Shukr to Allah in abundance...

Comment

get him away from the TV for a start, try and engage him in other activities.

Children today are different from children 10 years ago, and much much more different than children 20 years ago.

Comment

park or soft play should be fun for those age, the other ideas ppl sed r good too
                          then he will get out the habit of just watching tv, and will enjoy spending time with u more? then he would b more likely 2 let u teach quran anyway, if u try 2 make it fun
                          or u could take him out 2 a little farm or something like that
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

aww I remember when my lil bro was 4, man he was soo cute

you can do anything, just don't let him watch tv, kids need to get stronger at the age, put him in the garden and give him a ball to play, teach him sports, teach him short surahs and duas, teach him numbers and other stuff

get him to pray besides you during salaah

just keep him active, dont let the guy waste infront of a tv

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                            www.QuranicAudio.com
                            www.Quran.com

Comment

If you provide him with other activities he'll forget about tv...play with him...just running around chasing each other...engage his imagination...I play 'monsters' with my 4yr old nephew...we take it in turns to be the monster...and when you get caught the monster tickles you..

Kids love cooking....make cupcakes...and decorate them together...make pizza and let him choose the toppings

Make a 'tent' (2 chairs...big clothe..and heavy things e.g. books to hold it all in place) and just play in the tent...tell stories etc etc

Read to him....draw....

PIf you have a garden play outside....get some bubbles and make him pop them....play football/cricket or whatever

Remember as his older brother he looks up to you....and he probably wants to do.whatever you do and will be happy just to spend time with you
                              Last edited by SpamMod1; 20-05-10, 11:22 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                              X