Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archery Anyone?

Salam all,

Are there any sisters interested in doing archery in East London?

It's a Sunnah so I'd like to help revive it insha'Allah amongst the Muslims.

I've made contact with a couple of clubs and insha'Allah hoping to arrange something.

Please post a reply if you'd be interested or if you know of a club that missed my net searches!

JazakumAllah
    Please make du'aa for ALL reverts relatives and friends so that they too may be guided, and for all the non practising Muslims to rediscover their faith.
    In particular, my Mum, Brother, Dad, Brothers GF, My Nieces & Nephews, Dads GF, Sam and Christy AAMEEN!

Re: Archery Anyone?

Sacred Archery- run by some very dedicated and well trained brothers :up:

http://www.tuba-archery.com/about-us.html
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Yeah jazakillah, sent them an email, will call tomorrow also insha'Allah, would you attend?
      Please make du'aa for ALL reverts relatives and friends so that they too may be guided, and for all the non practising Muslims to rediscover their faith.
      In particular, my Mum, Brother, Dad, Brothers GF, My Nieces & Nephews, Dads GF, Sam and Christy AAMEEN!

Comment

It would be interesting . . . sounds fun.

Have a lil Maid Marian moment.
        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
        علي الحبشي

Comment

There is a one day introduction to archery course on Wednesday 2nd June in Woodford for £35 from 9am-2pm.

This is run by a brother with the assistance of a sister.

I then aim to go on a coaching course and need to gather 9 people who are willing to spend 2 weekends doing the course in order for it to be run locally, otherwise I'l have to go off somewhere super duper far and mix with men to do the course.

You do not need to master archery to become a coach.

If you're interested in taking up archery sisters, by either coming to the course in June or willing to come along on the training course (dates TBC) please pm me
          JazakAllah

Also just for fun, what would be a great ame for a Muslim womens archery club? My first thought was a bit cheesy, Maid Mariam Archery ;p

Any ideas?!

Comment

Wish I lived in London! It's funny - I just got home from work a little while ago and the first thing I did online was look for archery lessons where I live! Then I logged into Ummah and saw this post. :)
            My Blog: Trying To Find Faith
            My Trip Site: Destination Anywhere
            My Wedding Site: With This Ring

Comment

i wouldnt mind learning but dont now if i can commit to the course,

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Working...
              X