• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    nothing is better than jihadi nasheeds at a wedding :D
    not a gud idea!!!

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    Why do you want to play a "Halal" Nasheed at a wedding anyway. It is not like people will be listening to the lyrics, you might as well play dolphin and whale noises.
    Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
    :rotfl:

play some waterfall sounds, make everyone go to the loo
    :rotfl::rotfl:

sorry zammy, dont really know of gud wedding nasheeds besides the ones already mentioned:(
    ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
      sacrificing clothes for nasheeds :scratch: if u dress super well no one will need to pay attention to your speech!!! :up:
      well everyone (non mahrams and males) should be lowering their gaze during the speech, unless she is planning to deliver a heart trembling sermon where eye contact is required.

Comment

well everyone (non mahrams and males) should be lowering their gaze during the speech, unless she is planning to deliver a heart trembling sermon where eye contact is required.
        ASSUMING its a mixed wedding! weirdo.
        Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by zammy View Post

mashAllah this is a wonderful nasheed..
          i was put on the task of putting together some nasheed for a wedding a few days ago.. i think im too late.. if u need more nasheeds PM im sure i shud b able to send u the full files..
          ahmad bukhtairs arabic nasheeds never fail for a wedding..

type in beautiful salawat in utube u will find a really gd one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orti2S074lo
          i like these too..
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNQ9LTud2M
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RjBqOEByVY
          Last edited by sunni_ninja; 09-05-10, 02:59 PM.
          Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

why would I even attend a mixed wedding (forget agree to talk there) ?

Anywho..alhamdulillah everything went erm.. relatively well. Ended up gathering about 40 nasheeds on short notice, preparing a decent speech, and yes gucci I ended up finding something to wear etc. & I am currently waiting for the wave of exhaustion to hit me from last night and making a mental note to myself to stay well away from anything remotely wedding related. Just wanted to say جزاك الله خير for your help to you all =)

btw it was a Somali sister getting married to a Pakistani brother, maasha'Allah.
            May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
            I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
            My Blog

Comment

ASSUMING its a mixed wedding! weirdo.
              I can honestly say and I am being serious, I have only ever attended mixed weddings. So there are separate weddings, how does that work? :embar:

Comment

I can honestly say and I am being serious, I have only ever attended mixed weddings. So there are separate weddings, how does that work? :embar:
                just because you have never been to one, you should assume they don't exist.
                and you shouldnt assume that people are partaking in haram activities buy attending mixed weddings.

this is how they work:
                its one wedding in one location for the sisters.
                one wedding party in another location for the brothers.

sometimes on the same day, some times not.

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Comment

zammy how did the speech go? what did you say in the end?

Comment

zammy how did the speech go? what did you say in the end?
                    ah, sorry just saw this. Alhamdulillah it went well. This is what I ended up saying (jus gonna copy/paste it).. i read a poem at the end but don't wanna include that here :

Alhamdulillaahi wa kafaa waasalaatu wasalaamu alaa ibaadihi laadiina-stafaa
                    Asalaamu alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuhu Friends and Family

So today, by the grace of Allaah (swt), we sit here to witness the marriage of ___ and ____ , and we hope for them nothing but the best. Marriage is a beautiful thing that not only brings 2 lives together, but 2 different families, 2 different minds, 2 different sets of experiences. Two lives that were individual are now complimentary parts of a beautiful whole.

-Allah subhaana wata’aala says in surat ar-Ruum, verse 21... وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُمْ مِنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا لِتَسْكُنُوا إِلَيْهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَكُمْ مَوَدَّةً وَرَحْمَةً إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآياتٍ لِقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ
                    . “And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquillity with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.”
                    And `hunna libaasun lakum, wa antum libaasun lahunn`they are a garment for you, and you a garment for them.

And what is the purpose of a garment.. a garment has many purposes.
                    -It protects you from outside elements –covers what needs to be covered – keeps you warm –and basically protects you. So you are that to him, as he is that to you, As Allah ta aala so perfectly described it.

Everyone marries whoever it is written for them to marry, whenever it was written for them to marry, and today is your day walilaahil hamd. We ask Allah to keep you both on siraadatul mustaqeem with undying love, for Him to place rahmah between you, keep the sweetness of emaan alive in your hearts, and to bless you with pious children who will be revivers of the sunnah.
                    The only advice I can give you is this. When you have differences between each other, or any sort of problem, just go back to the quran and sunnah, and find your solution from there. It will be the answer to all your problems and the best of solutions for mankind is truly found in the book of Allah (swt) and the sunnah of his prophet and final messenger (saw).

This is a new beginning for you, and the thing about beginnings is, they are what you make them. It may be harder to change things down the road, but in the beginning you have the opportunity to set the pace of how you expect or hope the rest of your life to be. So take advantage of this precious time to flourish in your deen along with your husband so that your marriage may always be filled with barakah.

duàa for newly weds: ``Barakallahu laka, wabaaraka ‘alayka wajama’a baynakumaa fi kheyr`
                    ‘May Allaah bless for you (your spouse) and bless you, and may He unite both of you in goodness.’

My Blog

Comment

*wipes tears*
                      What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Why didn't u put some nice quran reitation instead????
                        AMBZ______________________________________________________:inlove:

Comment

You're not meant to talk when Allah's words are being recitated. As it was a wedding I believe it'd be very hard to make everyone shut their mouths for the duration of the recitation. Besides people invariably stroll in late to weddings making it all the more harder for the silence that is befitting for the Qur'an.
                          What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                            You're not meant to talk when Allah's words are being recitated. As it was a wedding I believe it'd be very hard to make everyone shut their mouths for the duration of the recitation. Besides people invariably stroll in late to weddings making it all the more harder for the silence that is befitting for the Qur'an.
                            I didnt no thx 4 advice....
                            Salam bro
                            AMBZ______________________________________________________:inlove:

Comment

mashallah thats really nice zamm :inlove:
                              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                                *wipes tears*
                                *hands over box of tissues*

Originally posted by ambz_angel View Post
                                Why didn't u put some nice quran reitation instead????
                                what he said :)

mashallah thats really nice zamm :inlove:
                                jzkallahu kheyr :love:
                                My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X