Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for somewhere to eat in Lecicester

Asalamu alaikum all.

A couple of friends and I will be breifly visiting Leicester on Saturday afternoon. Should only be there for a short period as my friend is picking up a car from a garage in the Wigston area. Gona need somewhere to eat. Reccomendations plz based on
    • Halal... obvioulsy
    • Not too far from Wigston or central Leicester. Will be coming from Manchester :insha: and would like quick access back onto M1
    • Prefer things like steak or grilled chicken
    • Looking for an eat-in takeaway rather than a restaurant
    • wouldn't mind (but not limited to) the franchise branches such as Chunky Chicken, Kansas, Rajas, Kebabish etc
    • you don't have to name any specific takeaway, even if you could point us to a specific area or Road that has quite a selection of places to choose from

:jkk:

EDIT: Just realised I've spelt Leicester incorrectly in the title

Re: Looking for somewhere to eat in Lecicester

majlis **outta**
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Didn't know where else to post this thread. Didn't seem appropriate to put in the General Section

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
        majlis **outta**
        Auzubillah himinahsaiytan nirrajiim . Why on Earth you reccomending that joint?

Comment

lol.. so is majlis the name of takeaway? I thought it was just a comment from the brother about leaving the thread. I'm going to have to google this majlis... sounds a bit dubious hehe

Comment

To OP beware of Leicester joints there are many rats around and I am not talking about the 4 legged creatures. Anyway:-

Marylands
            Ethel's Bakery
            Delicious Corner
            Rajah's
            Roosters (London Rd)
            There was some posh joint up in Oadby (Halal Chinese) very expensive though
            There is a new one which name begings with "T" I forgot the name though.

Places to Avoid
            Majlis
            Zaytoons

Best route to go to Leicester from Manchester is taking the A500 and remember to wear your seat belt and obey the speed limit.

Comment

oh yeh Zaytoons aswell, that was nice, aint been in years though. whats it like now islam4u2? still the same or even better **outta**
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

thanks, will check those out

Comment

Tinsel town?

Comment

people are forgetting YOko's steakhouse!! how could you lot, yokos has nandos style chicken and steaks, proper service

jungle paprika have the best steaks but its takeaway style

zaytoon and majlis are crap, so is koyla and any other fancy looking restaurents, so is al mashrik

chilli tonight is decent, so is an najeeb

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                    www.QuranicAudio.com
                    www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                      people are forgetting YOko's steakhouse!! how could you lot, yokos has nandos style chicken and steaks, proper service

jungle paprika have the best steaks but its takeaway style

zaytoon and majlis are crap, so is koyla and any other fancy looking restaurents, so is al mashrik

chilli tonight is decent, so is an najeeb
                      chilli tonight? that sounds familiar, is that the one on belgrave road and is owned by Maqbool who is known for his special donners?

Medi- Dont know, I used to study in Leicester and Zaytoons was very nice for food actually. £5 got you a very nice homely heart warmed meal. But then Samir the owner sold it to some idiot who then re-decorated the place to look like Aunt Bessie's cafe and turned it into a Shisha joint. Then I stopped going.

OP- I'm sure there are more places in Leicester, but it's been years since I have been. I normally eat at friend's houses.

Comment

thanks guys, it appears ther are quite a few foodie places on london road and ervington road and granby street.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                          chilli tonight? that sounds familiar, is that the one on belgrave road and is owned by Maqbool who is known for his special donners?
                          yep, he's know for his indo-chinese food

also forgot to mention roosters

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                          www.QuranicAudio.com
                          www.Quran.com

Comment

the places sound quite good to go, inshaallah in the future

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post

Medi- Dont know, I used to study in Leicester and Zaytoons was very nice for food actually. £5 got you a very nice homely heart warmed meal. But then Samir the owner sold it to some idiot who then re-decorated the place to look like Aunt Bessie's cafe and turned it into a Shisha joint. Then I stopped going.

OP- I'm sure there are more places in Leicester, but it's been years since I have been. I normally eat at friend's houses.
                              Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                              yep, he's know for his indo-chinese food

also forgot to mention roosters
                              :eek3: what?? aint owned by no Maqbool thats mah uncles restaurant!! and yeh hes known for his indo-chinese food particularly crispy chicken :inlove: *drrrooll*

Roosters is orite, nothing great (and if youre a girl.. go in with a bodyguard cos they seem to like striking conversation with females)

Med- how'd you know about Majlis? :rotfl:
                              Cant believe in my entire life of living there ive never ever been to Zaytoons. Al Mashrik is rubbish like you said. Tinsel town opened after I left so i dont know.. but if its anything like the one in London then :up:
                              Nandos i believe is Haraam. Ethel bakery on Narborough road closed down yonks ago and the only one open is too far away.

Personally i like Aladdins on Evington road :D and Aisha's is also apparently good for food!
                              Miss manchester days :( it doesnt take so long to drive back from Leicester.. 2 hours and youre back. (does Sadaf's on Whimmy road still exist and what about villa cafe)? :( aaahh Uni days.
                              *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Working...
                              X