Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here knows how to lose weight properly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here knows how to lose weight properly?

right. after 7 exams in a row, and only 2 left, the end is finally in sight. this whole year i have done zero exercise bit embarresed so ive gained a few pounds :( now i need to lose them. does anyone here know a good diet that is guarnteed to make u drop the weight quick pls

thanking u in advance

Re: anyone here knows how to lose weight properly?

Eat half your meal and walk for half an hour every day, best thing you could do.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by weird View Post
      right. after 7 exams in a row, and only 2 left, the end is finally in sight. this whole year i have done zero exercise bit embarresed so ive gained a few pounds :( now i need to lose them. does anyone here know a good diet that is guarnteed to make u drop the weight quick pls

thanking u in advance
      most people will think that starving urself is a good way to lose weight.. people who want to gain weight use that technique where they starve and eat really big meals rather than snacks and stuff..bcos ur body cant digest food that quickly
      the most effective way to lose weight is to burn your body fat which is through exercise
      Last edited by all4peace4all; 17-04-10, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Yes. in order to lose weight your activity must consume more calories than your intake. Portion sizes and missed calories (like adding melted cheese to food) mean that you can eat more than you realise without actually even eating too many of the wrong things.

Really good diets use what you normally eat and suggest different ways of eating the foods. Make sure every meal includes some protein.. but watch your portion sizes. Start with a healthy breakfast that contains some carbohydrate, protein and fat (healthy fats and oils like olive oil). Fill your plate with vegetables with no cheese, or too many things added to them.. focus on 5 serves of vegetables a day and 2 serves of fruit.

A dietician suggested the palm idea for vegetable serves.. that is on your plate should be your palms size in vegetables. Your stomach is only the size of your fist.. and it can expand 20 %. Use a small plate and fill it up rather than a large plate and fill it up.

http://www.alfitness.com.au/article/...-Serving-Sizes

Spread your intake over 5 meals.. small regular eating .. and focus on fresh food rather than processed foods which are high in salt

Plan a minimum of 30 minutes moderate activity per day.. which means you feel puffed but can still carry out a conversation.

Don't starve yourself as this slows down your metabolism.. and increases the potential to eat too much or too many wrong things .. swap your main meal or your big meal to the middle of the day and ensure you eat breakfast.

This reduces the afternoon hunger which is a dangerous time for eating foods that are high energy. ie calorie full snacks.

I suggest weekends you put extra effort into going for longer exercise.. and wherever possible walk and don't use a car or public transport.. or get off a stop earlier than you need to and walk each day.

Joining a gym or a sporting team will also increase your fitness.. and it's shown that exercise done in the morning improves brain activity during the day, so everyone should try and do some exercise in the morning.

Hope these help?
        Last edited by carol_au; 17-04-10, 10:30 PM.
        .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
        http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Aww the dreaded "freshman 15". You shouldn't do any diet that makes you lose weight rapidly, because at the end it will mess up your metabolism and you'll gain it back and more. eating healthy and exercise will allow u to lose it gradually with lasting results.
          Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
          Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

revive.

Comment

Last edited by Grotbags; 18-11-15, 02:19 AM.
              The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Remember the 4 – W’s. You have to use all four:

1.Watch what you eat
                2.Walking
                3.Water
                4.Willpower

Comment

Follow the sunnah as closely as you possibly can, and excercise....maybe swim?

1/3 for water, 1/3 for air, and 1/3 for food it really does work.

Like MG, I dont do diets, but just watch what you eat and try to stay active insha'Allah. ( MG cheesecakes in the fridge :up: )

If all else fails then just go back home for a couple of weeks.......when I go to India/Pakistan, I loose lots of weight without even trying. Its my fool proof method !!
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

sacrifice sugary drinks with plain water and consistently do some cardio workout as of running or walking etc, at your own pace. with both in control, eating habit will follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                      Remember the 4 – W’s. You have to use all four:

1.Watch what you eat
                      2.Walking
                      3.Water
                      4.Willpower
                      lol

Comment

Working...
                      X