X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncle umar
    replied
    Re: How does one get a Beard!

im 20, ive been growing my beard for about a year and a half now. the right side is patchy and not as thick as the left however my left side hasent got the sidburn yet but my right side dose. its looks kinda funny.

intop of that, at most maybe my beards length is say a thumb width at most.

its all about how Allah made you man. make dua that Allah will give you a handsom thick full manly beard, as an adornment so that you may praise him brother.

Leave a comment:

• Averagemuslim
    replied

Shaveing does not make it grow faster it only makes a illusion that makes the hair strand look longer. Insha'Allah you will have a very big beard :).

Leave a comment:

• Fisa
    replied

There's no point in shaving it to make it grow faster, when you have nothing there in the first place.

Be patient,

or you could buy one of those fake beards they use in those terrible pakistani dramas. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied

If you are under 25, don't panic, it might just be that you're body's not ready to grow one yet...... men are not fully grown until they are in their mid 20's beard can grow any time from age 13 to age 25

HOWEVER people from certain ethnic origins really struggle to grow a beard and may not grow one at all...... e.g. people from some parts of Africa, people from some parts of East Asia. If you are from one of these places and the men in your family (i.e. blood relations) don't have beards or have only very sparse beards, then you may not be able to get much of a beard. However if the men in your family all have good beards then inshaAllah you should be able to grow one, just be patient.

Also, you can tell the difference between a man who shaves and a man who does not naturally have much of a beard. cause the one who shaves gets stubble and you can see that.

Leave a comment:

• AbuQudamah
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    The beard issue has got to do with genetics and hormones, If your father and most of the male members in the family has it then insha' Allah you will, but maybe your hormones are late. give it a while it will grow insha' Allah, we had a friend like you, he grew it at 26.
    That's very heartening to hear. I guess I must be patient...as with all things in life.

وَٱصۡبِرُوٓاْ*ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ مَعَ ٱلصَّـٰبِرِينَ

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    replied

The beard issue has got to do with genetics and hormones, If your father and most of the male members in the family has it then insha' Allah you will, but maybe your hormones are late. give it a while it will grow insha' Allah, we had a friend like you, he grew it at 26.

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    scottie pippen used to have the dumbest lookin goatee btw

my beard is still light to this day and im 19
    Still better than yours though, eh?

Leave a comment:

• feesabililah1
    replied

assalamu alaikum

the issue is not about having a long beard etc, it is about following the prophet saw when he said grow your beards and trim your moustaches, if you look at the words being used in arabic they indicate that you should leave the beard and not remove anything from it

so by you shaving your beard or lack of it at the moment, in order to get hair growth, then this is completely prohibited, because the obligation is to leave the beards to grow, not that yoy make a beard grow, as there is no compulsion in religion

wasalaam

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    It's different for everyone. Just make du'a and rub your chin a few times and I'm sure you'll start sprouting some facial hair. :up:
    scottie pippen used to have the dumbest lookin goatee btw

Leave a comment:

• Pippin1376
    replied

It's different for everyone. Just make du'a and rub your chin a few times and I'm sure you'll start sprouting some facial hair. :up:

Leave a comment:

• Fuaadh
    replied

well my beard has just started growing (im 13) and I got this big strand of beard growing lol

bro there's a hadith that there was a sahaaba who used to have only one strand of beard and the angels used to play with that one strand subhanAllah so don't worry if there isn't any beard growing on u, just don't shave it inshaAllah :up:

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

everybody is different ... my beard is still light to this day and im 19

i knew a brother who had a full beard when he was 14 ... and ive seen some males that still cannot grow much facial hair even though they are in their 20s ...

Leave a comment:

• mizfissy815
    replied

Some people just can't grow a beard...or at least it takes a while for the first signs of any facial hair to appear. My bro didn't get his mini goatee until he was 25...and only after he shaved it over and over again.

I personally don't see how shaving it to make it grow is OK...I mean, the ends does not justify the means. Why sin (even if you mean for it to be temporary) to grow a beard? It's great that you end up following the sunnah and all, but what if you die before then? Then you're just someone who's known to have shaved...not a good thing IMHO.

If it's meant to grow, it'll grow.

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    replied

wa alaykum asalam

I thought it was a case of leaving the beard ( or the lack of it) to grow naturally including if you don't have one either.

To leave it as it is and isn't 'forcing' it to grow, unnatural .

I've always wondered.
    Last edited by Sirius; 12-04-10, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

:wswrwb:

first of all, how dare you assume i have a mini-beard, even though i dont, i'll help you nonetheless:

step 1: cleanse your face by massaging skin gently but thoroughly. your wife or sister's cleanser should be fine.

step 2: buy grass seeds from home depot and sprinkle across your face and mustache area. sprinkle water on top.

step 3: sit out in the sun for a couple hours - dont forget to apply sunscreen to avoid harmful UV rays

step 4: perform on a daily basis for 7 days. Dont forget to water your face.

And there you'll have lush green grass or beard :up:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X