Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The What Did You learn today thread

I learnt something that I found quite interesting
    Counselling isn't actually about advising people and directly helping them/solving their problems, by guiding them on what to do
    In fact that's the opposite of what you're supposed to do..
    You're supposed to let them discover what to do largely for themselves.. but help along their journey of self discovery
    I found it fascinating because I've always thought that counselling is something that it's not
    And intuitively you'd assume that it is giving advice.. but it's actually really not.
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
    [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I learnt recently that wearing a dustbin bag while exercising makes you sweat more causing the body to use more stored fat as energy. So for anyone jogging, wear a dustbin bag with your other clothes and don't forget to have a bottle of water with you.
      I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by menk View Post
        I learnt recently that wearing a dustbin bag while exercising makes you sweat more causing the body to use more stored fat as energy. So for anyone jogging, wear a dustbin bag with your other clothes and don't forget to have a bottle of water with you.
        they use that sort of material for 'weight cut day', the day before a fight where the UFC fighters need to meet their weight class (don't ask how I know this ).

it helps to shed that extra water weight so they're not hovering above that line.
        ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
        U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

So Australasia is a region. Whilst Australia is a continent and a country. I thought the former was the name of the continent. Well that's a misconception banished!
          :salams
          Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Not today, some few days ago.

Abdullah Ibn Mubarak رحمه الله was a Turk and Hassan Al Basri رحمه الله
            was a persian. I used to think they were Arabs.
            '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

In Al bidaya wan-Nihaya (13/341), Ibn Kathir notes that Ibn Taymiyyah was only nineteen when he began issuing fatawa.

In UF, I see potential scholars, in shaa Allah. The youngsters should be encouraged to seek knowledge and when zealous about deen they should be commended. This culture of ''you are young what do you know'' destroys more than it mends.
              Last edited by Silent being; 18-05-17, 07:25 PM.
              '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
                In Al bidaya wan-Nihaya (13/341), Ibn Kathir notes that Ibn Taymiyyah was only nineteen when he began issuing fatawa.

In UF, I see potential scholars, in shaa Allah. The youngsters should be encouraged to seek knowledge and when zealous about deen they should be commended. This culture of ''you are young what do you know'' destroys more than it mends.
                There were others who were even younger, such as Imaam Ash-Shaafi`i Rahimahullaah.

But in relation to ummah, there are many zealots, but they have no knowledge, nor do they make an attempt to attain knowledge, but they are at the forefront of passing out fataawaa like it's candy.

I have always encouraged people to seek knowledge, in fact that's why I even take out my time at night to conduct various classes on ummah radio, for free, which can be done from the comfort of your home. But how many of those zealous youth can honestly say they have made any real effort to study the deen? How many of them even take out the time to attend the radio classes rather than post lol's on the forum?

So when a person doesn't study, or when they think studying involves reading a few english fataawaa online, but they want to argue on deen, then there is a problem.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

I learnt that women may be difficult to put up with , but they have a selfless nature that is always overlooked,but greatly cherished for those who worked with them closely. Sometimes it's expected of them to be gracious and kind to others. But it's bad to expect that from women, because if she's not sincere, she doesn't have to do it. And because of that we start to take such women and their gracious, giving attitude and take them for granted. And we don't ask them enough if we could've treated them better. They still give a part of themselves anyway because they're used to getting Nothing much in return.

Such women will be rewarded inshallah.

Comment

• Life really can be a mystery!
                    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

• If you depend on Allah everything will go smoothly.

That reasserting yourself as not worthless really helps u to achieve ur goals no matter how hard u think they were. U are Bani Adam so honoured with a lot of respectful qualities, so don't let yourself down.
                      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Wonderful Idea for a thread.

Learned about thinking hats and multiple intelligences. Also learned about some neat tricks.

Comment

• I learned that nothing is possible without the help and permission of Allah, even the smallest of actions.

Every plan is a tiny prayer.

Comment

• How to make ribs
                            Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

• Learned that Allah's forgiveness and Mercy is vaster than I can imagine.
                              - That having proper posture and breathing into your stomach can reduce anxiety (bi'idhnillah)
                              - That the believer should remember the Qu'ran when looking at the creation around --such as the ayats of Surah Naba--when looking at mountain and skies... reminder of Jahannam when feeling heat.
                              - That there are dua's for studying.
                              - That when teaching children one must try to be kind and loving but firm (still working on it)
                              - To strike a balance between love and discipline
                              - To keep dhikr in tongue at all times (except for prohibited times) --so easy to go astray
                              - That Allah (SWT) cares for us and provides us rizq from places we can't even imagine.
                              - Reminder to do things to seek the good pleasure of Allah (SWT)
                              - That screwing up in punishing someone and screwing up in rewarding someone can really lead to mental confusion

Comment

• Love the Turkish show on Netflix called Ertugurl - learning so much about Ottoman Empire and Mongol Empire and Crusade. I should read history book more often

Comment

Working...
                                X