i learnt that chest infections left untreated can spread to the eyes
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Re: The What Did You learn today thread

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
    :salams

Really ?!?

I learnt that procrastinating feels ugly.
    Last edited by Sirius; 12-04-10, 10:17 PM.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

I learnt that pink is indeed my favourite colour for now :inlove:
      Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

i learned that im severely sleep deprived :(

Comment

its normally infections of the eye which settle in the chest **harharhar Im too funnay**
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
            Really ?!?

I learnt that procrastinating feels ugly.
            tastes terrible too.
            especially procrastinating continually for a whole week, it feels like shaytaan has poo'd in your ears and mouth.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
              :salams

i learnt that chest infections left untreated can spread to the eyes.

Comment

I learned that 'learnt' isn't technically 'good english' but it's actually a slang form of 'learned' :eek3:
                Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

^ I learned that I should have gone to ESOL :(

By the way omg isn't my avatar SOooooooooOOOOOooo cute?
                  Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

It's an ugly ugly world, much more than i already knew, with all these new acid attack victims and a baby butchered by a battle ax in the news today http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0...mment_44582022
                    Last edited by nousername; 14-04-10, 12:08 AM.
                    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

^ :(

I learnt that there's not many real people left

Comment

I learned that I'm showing signs of vitamin A deficiency..

And that I can be a very irrational creature at certain times.
                        May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                        I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                        My Blog

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't learn anything?

Comment

^ Maybe tomorrow kiddo, maybe tomorrow.
                            May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                            I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                            My Blog

Comment

---
                              Last edited by aG123; 21-04-10, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X