Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCTV in masjids

Originally posted by MMS View Post
    these ones r inside the sisters section...they kinda discreet looking a lot of niqaabis come in and take their niqaab off :scratch:
    yeah thats the same at the mosque near me,

and most people don't know its there, so yeah sisters take their niqabs off and all sorts, not knowing some random brother could be watching them, and Allahu 3alem what they mosque does with the footage and who else is seeing it!

ajeeb, if you want to 'protect' the outside with it, fair enough but hiding them, especially in the sisters section is offkey.

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Comment

May be the sisters should be in charge of the cams in sis section then

Comment

in our mosque there are cameras, but they only look at the sisters one if there has been an incident.

so not long ago there was a minor incident, so they looked at it to try and see if they could find who the person was
        Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by MMS View Post
          these ones r inside the sisters section...they kinda discreet looking a lot of niqaabis come in and take their niqaab off :scratch:
          how silly, why they have one there? theres some cameras in one centre but tht camera is easy to dodge, as its far away, so you can sit on the opposite side
          check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

Having cams in the sisters section, disgusting. Don't get what the justification is...unless you got female security who look over the tapes which I highly doubt...
            "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
            Al Hijr: 47

Comment

It's simply a security issue, nothing disgusting about it.
              وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
              "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
              Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
              [2:186]

.:.
              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                It's simply a security issue, nothing disgusting about it.
                I find it unethical to spy on people using hidden cameras.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Outside the entrances or where you place your shoes.

But not inside.

Sisters fix up all sorts inside, you know what women are like anyway... 45 minutes in front of the mirror.

And I'm left waiting outside for her in the cold. :-(
                  And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                    I find it unethical to spy on people using hidden cameras.
                    It's not unethical bro, it's part of the masjid and we are obliged to fund these policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      It's not unethical bro, it's part of the masjid and we are obliged to fund these policies.
                      So you're one of them illuminati that wants cameras in the masaajid?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

So you're one of them illuminati that wants cameras in the masaajid?
                        Don't you know the hadeeth about whoever builds a masjid...?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                          Don't you know the hadeeth about whoever builds a masjid...?
                          Can you narrate to me the hadeeth about putting cameras in the masjid...?

Comment

The masjid I worked in had cctv cameras in and initially I used to say the same as those against it.

One of the last guys to have worked there (before me) was accussed by a child of molesting her. Unknown to the child the camera's actually worked and it saved the guy a whole lot of problems.

The girl in question is/was only 10-12 yrs old and had done this before. It didn't stop a full police investigation both times and the guy refuses to teach now. Ps it wasn't the same guy twice, just the same child different mosques and different imams

At another mosque two families don't get on had a fight and people were stabbed. obviously there was a police investigation and the mosque was put in a very difficult situation. CCTV would have resolved a lot

I used to work in a school many years ago (I know my spelling belies it but its true I taught in a secondary school), One of the teachers there heard a commotion in the hallway and came out to see 2 lads having fight. one of his pupils came out too and the teacher shouted him to get back inside.

Next day there was allegations by the pupil he had shouted at of the teacher hitting him, he had a black eye to ''prove'' it. The teacher had been doing this all his life and was suspended pending further investigation. It drove hi9m to depression and drink.

It was later found that the lad had punched himself in the face to ''get back at the teacher'' for not letting him watch the fight. He had confided in a friend and the friend had come forward and the lad later admitted it.

Teacher never taught again as far as I know, never recovered.

Comment

Can you narrate to me the hadeeth about putting cameras in the masjid...?
                              It's right before the hadeeth about building domes and minarets.

:-P

Question.

If an imam or committee insist on installing CCTV even after being advised against it, is it reasonable to not participate in this policy by not donating money towards it? Let's assume all the bills are paid up and the building is maintained and the CCTV is something that was decided based on their own 'ijtihad'.
                              Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 25-03-13, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X