Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laser Eye Treatment

Originally posted by imported_MMS View Post
    really? how long does it roughly take to come back?
    at least 5 years...
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

Originally posted by junaid368 View Post
      i was thinking about it but not yet, because my doc said your sight has to be stable, in u.s i think u have to be either 18 or 21 to get it, because by then (usually) ur vision is stable and won't get any worse
      18 - 21 is young... the eyes would not have stabilised yet... and some people has only 200 degrees and they are considering, i think tha'ts crazy. u got ot be at 500 and above to consider this surgery and please dun do it out of vanity reasons...
      "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." - Morpheus, The Matrix. :hidban:

"It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back." Surah 36:22. Ya Sin (Yusuf Ali Translation)

Comment

hm im 21 i hope thats not too young.... my brother had his done and he's 19 so im hoping im not too young.
        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

I have an eye condition (keratoconus) that can't be treated with laser surgery because laser surgery weakens the cornea, and the condition that I have the cornea is already too thin. so it would actually make my eye condition worse and there's a risk the cornea could collapse altogether. (it can only be partially corrected by glasses or contact lenses and they have to be hard contact lenses not soft ones!!!)

and what's more, in the earlier stages, the condition I have is often mistaken for normal short sightedness. I was wearing glasses for a couple of years before my condition was diagnosed, and it was only diagnosed because I complained that the prescription didn't correct my vision fully.

So make sure the diagnosis is spot on before you have laser surgery!!!!!

If someone developed a kind of surgery to correct my sight properly, I'd have it :up: especially as glasses and contacts don't correct it well...... it's spending all that money on prescription glasses when they don't work that well and you need a new prescription within a short time. So I'm waiting for technology to advance a little inshaAllah :up:

tips on how to tell the difference:

if you are short sighted or long sighted the blurriness etc only affects either short distance or long distance - with keratoconus the amount of distortion/blurring is the same regardless of distance, although you notice it more looking at long distance things because they look smaller than short distance things (hence it being frequently mistaken for shortsightedness)

with keratoconus you see halos around things, especially lights, the halos are weird shaped, i.e. not completely round, but they tend to be roundish. you can get all kinds of weird distortions though. the distortion is most noticable the more contrast there is, because of that night vision is affected much more than daytime vision.

the distortion cannot be corrected fully

if the above sounds like your eye defect DON'T get laser surgery, go back to your optician and say you think you have keratoconus (say why, i.e. symptoms)
          Last edited by dhak1yya; 18-03-10, 02:39 PM.
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
            I have an eye condition (keratoconus) that can't be treated with laser surgery because laser surgery weakens the cornea, and the condition that I have the cornea is already too thin. so it would actually make my eye condition worse and there's a risk the cornea could collapse altogether. (it can only be partially corrected by glasses or contact lenses and they have to be hard contact lenses not soft ones!!!)

and what's more, in the earlier stages, the condition I have is often mistaken for normal short sightedness. I was wearing glasses for a couple of years before my condition was diagnosed, and it was only diagnosed because I complained that the prescription didn't correct my vision fully.

So make sure the diagnosis is spot on before you have laser surgery!!!!!

If someone developed a kind of surgery to correct my sight properly, I'd have it :up: especially as glasses and contacts don't correct it well...... it's spending all that money on prescription glasses when they don't work that well and you need a new prescription within a short time. So I'm waiting for technology to advance a little inshaAllah :up:
            insha Allah technology advances soon sis
            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

dhakiya...its v.unlikely you'd get past the initial assessment if you had keratoconnus

there are lots of new developments in the treatment of keratoconnus ....there have been really good results with corneal crosslinking and corneal intacs :up: though i think it depends on how advance your KC is

Comment

Working...
              X