Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Memorize!!! :)

Asslam to All!!!!

I havn't been here in a long time but MashAllah it looks awesome! :) I missed this place. Anyway...

Okay.... so I need help. I am extremelllllllllllyyyy busy and everytime I try to memorize quran :(... it doesnt happen. So I am thinking: Let's Help each other memorize Quran and InshAllah we will. We can do this. Its just one aya per week!!! Some details below:

1. One Aya per Week-- sorry for all the over achievers :) I would like to start small and inshAllah we will go from there.

2. Surah: Surah Dukhan (surah 44). The youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-ie5G9kxo

3. We can give the tranlation for the aya and inshAllah just encourage each other. My soul intention InShAllah is just to do something useful here. Something that is going to affect our lives. I figured since no one really knows each other here, well its not for bragging or anything wallahi my intention is pure.

Anyone interested?

:up:

Re: Let's Memorize!!! :)

Asalam alaikum Sis,
    Inshallah I want to memorize but I'm starting with small ones
    Sorry if this is dumb question but is an ayat a verse ?
    Mashallah you'll surely be rewarded for your efforts.

Comment

Mashallah sis this is a good idea, inshallah i want to but I'm starting with small ones first.
      Sorry but is an ayat a verse? jazakallah khair for the link the recitor mashallah is very beautiful and clear to understand tajweed.

Comment

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

ما شاء الله

بارك الله لكم
        The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

wow
          Subhan Allah
          I was asking brother the_middle_road and sis Anna if there was a thread like this :)

I want to memroize, but start from juzz 30 not from al-baqarah
          There is no such thing as an Israel,
          It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

but I think one ayah per week is too little
            should be something like one ayah a day at least
            It is occupied-palestine

Comment

ts better for people who begin memorizing to start from Juzz' 30, taking it step by step.

If you start from Al baqara he 'Ayat are tall and alot of repeated words that would confuse the person memorizing.

And make sure you learnt tajweed before memorizing, so you'd memorize right.
              islamway
              اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                ts better for people who begin memorizing to start from Juzz' 30, taking it step by step.

If you start from Al baqara he 'Ayat are tall and alot of repeated words that would confuse the person memorizing.

And make sure you learnt tajweed before memorizing, so you'd memorize right.
                :up:
                It is occupied-palestine

Comment

sorry it took me long to reply :)

First, yes an Aya is a verse. Aya is in arabic :)

You guys know something I was mad first bc no one replied and I thought wow bad idea I guess... But it soooo awesome that you guys want to do it.

All thoughts were great.Thanks for sharing. Just some things to consider:

1. I know starting with Juzz 30 is ideal BUT what I have noticed is if you start with LONGER verses it a LOT easier to memorize- believe it or not. Starting with a Surah that has longer versus and like two pages is ideal I think--- But its still up to you guys and I can go with the flow :)

2. Learning Tajweed I think you need a teacher for that, and personally I dont have the time--- so again, I suggest we listen to the versus by someone reading it with tajweed and picking up from there.

Okayyyyyy lastlyyyyy: Whoever is interested in any surah they know just give me the name and inshAllah I can put on the surah's and we can pick one or I can just put the names in a hat and take one out.

Start Date: How about we start tomorrow- since its friday inshAllah???

Comment

:salams

from al baqarah I already know 10 pages, but I would rather start with juzz 30, or 29 cuz 30 just to revise it really
                    tmrw is perfect
                    It is occupied-palestine

Comment

MashAllah... thats pretty awesome...

okay hey.. let me know what you think about these surahs:

1. SUrah Saff (I like this one alot) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQV1dAHal2w
                      2. Surah Qalam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoGpt...eature=related
                      3. Surah Naba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky1MwH2gx2o

Some far I have the following people on for this:
                      RainR
                      Abu Jaffar
                      BNDGR
                      Guy
                      Sarah2345

Guys- we can all take turns to do the english translation online just to be even more proactive?

Looking forard to thisss!!! ~

Comment

Originally posted by sarah2345 View Post
                        MashAllah... thats pretty awesome...

okay hey.. let me know what you think about these surahs:

1. SUrah Saff (I like this one alot) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQV1dAHal2w
                        2. Surah Qalam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoGpt...eature=related
                        3. Surah Naba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky1MwH2gx2o

Some far I have the following people on for this:
                        RainR
                        Abu Jaffar
                        BNDGR
                        Guy
                        Sarah2345

Guys- we can all take turns to do the english translation online just to be even more proactive?

Looking forard to thisss!!! ~
                        so we gonna choose one surah from those 3 ? or do all of them?
                        translate what ?
                        It is occupied-palestine

Comment

No no... just one of course... but im taking suggestions.

Every week we do an aya we will put the translation in english...

Comment

Okay so I am determined to do this-- sorry if it bothers everyone. I need the help of memorizing and I hink this will help. And I really hope even if just ONE other person does it with me it will be worth it that I made this thread. I just need a little help pushing myself and sooo... here goes.

SURAH NABA!!!

Surah NAba- The Great News.

Week #1 -3-19-10 ---> 3/26/10
                            Verse: Number 1 :
                            1. What are they asking (one another)?

InshAllah Allah Makes this Surah easy for all of us who are trying to memorize! May Allah bless you All. Until Next week :)

Comment

Yeah I'm in it iA!

But I guess one verse a week is a bit too little I just memorised the first verse in the first go :S

A'mma Yatha Saa Al'oon.
                              http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Working...
                              X