X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breakfast / Energy

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    assalamu alaykum

when i do all nighters, and i mean having no sleep at all (exam time) i usually have a large mug of coffee every couple of hours, with extra sugar and very less milk... it tends to keep me awake!
    I hate coffee man, I love redbull and that type. @Guy, I'll learn how to grow my own drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
      @Guy, I'll learn how to grow my own drugs.
      إن شاء الله
      The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
        Asalaamu Alaykum

What food/drink gives lots of energy? Drinking a can of Redbull over one hour does the job for me. I drink it slowly and it works.

What do you guys do? Oh, yeah and this is for not getting sleep all night.
        i smoke weed and fly my friend :D......don't try this at home.....

Comment

cant function without coffeee, especially on days that i work. coffee relieves my headaches and bad moods :D
          Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

nothin gives me energy ... i just get more tired after eating :S

Comment

lol, me too ^ lately ive been getting sleepy after lunch. but that only happens at work, not at home :scratch:
              Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

stupid glycogen and insulin r screwin up again

Comment

Blueberry and banana smoothies. You can use any milk you like. I use soya but don't enjoy it as much. If you soak a handful of cashews the night before then whizz the cashews in water, it turns into a lovely creamy milk that's a great base for this smoothie.

Ready brek does sound boring but porridge is a great source of steady energy in the morning, I often used to have it before work and it kept me full for hours. This literally only takes about 4 minutes but is worth it (with a nice strong cup of tea): chop/dice half a (preferably red) apple, fry it in half a teaspoon of ghee or butter until lightly browned, throw in one and a half tablespoons of maple syrup (or one tablespoon and a few raisins), add half a cup of rolled oats, one cup of milk (I prefer oat milk but you can use normal milk), stir and then allow to cook till the oats soften and the milk reduces so you get a more concentrated syrup flavour in the porridge and it's ready.
                  The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
                    Blueberry and banana smoothies. You can use any milk you like. I use soya but don't enjoy it as much. If you soak a handful of cashews the night before then whizz the cashews in water, it turns into a lovely creamy milk that's a great base for this smoothie.

Ready brek does sound boring but porridge is a great source of steady energy in the morning, I often used to have it before work and it kept me full for hours. This literally only takes about 4 minutes but is worth it (with a nice strong cup of tea): chop/dice half a (preferably red) apple, fry it in half a teaspoon of ghee or butter until lightly browned, throw in one and a half tablespoons of maple syrup (or one tablespoon and a few raisins), add half a cup of rolled oats, one cup of milk (I prefer oat milk but you can use normal milk), stir and then allow to cook till the oats soften and the milk reduces so you get a more concentrated syrup flavour in the porridge and it's ready.
                    guarantee it wont work

Comment

Bananas release energy more steadily than most carbohydrates/sugary stuff as they usually give you a single burst of energy and you end up feeling tired soon afterwards.

Oatmeal works brilliantly as well.
                      "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                      X