replied
    Re: Corchorus soup(Molookhia) ملوخية

It is one of few things that I don't like about Egypt :(

Leave a comment:

• RaineR
    replied

Originally posted by fisabilillah View Post
    Mulookhiya is nice with chicken, I've not had it with rabbit though. I don't think I'm brave enough to try either.
    I dont like malookhia but it looks nice in the pic so i might try it

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied

so THAT'S what mulookhia is in English.........!!

never heard of it though, until I came here........

might try that recipe inshaAllah......

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    Corchorus is a well known Egyptian traditional dish served with chicken or rabbits or shrimps (my recipe).

-Two packets of frozen Corchorus
    -1 1/2 litreof chicken soup
    - One table spoon of tomato sauce
    - Four cloves of garlic (minced)
    - 1 tea spoon of salt
    - 1/2 tea spoon of coriander powder

Know how

-Add the two packets of frozen corchorus to the boiling soup, let it boil uncovered from 20-25 minutes.
    -Add the spoon of tomato sauce to the mixture then let cook for 10 minutes.
    -Then prepare the additive which we call (Ta'leea تقلية ), fry the garlic with coriander powder with two tea spoon of vegetable oil until they have a brownish gold color.
    -Then Add it to the Molokhia
    -then add the salt.

At the end it must have a gooey texture.

(its not my picture i hijacked it but it must look like that)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]42062[/ATTACH]
    No chilli powder? I like a bit of spice in my life lol

Leave a comment:

• [~Wafaa~]
    replied

Molookhia is soo greeny and delicious mashaAllah ! brought back memories .. i miss my childhood days

Leave a comment:

• fisabilillah
    replied

Mulookhiya is nice with chicken, I've not had it with rabbit though. I don't think I'm brave enough to try either.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    replied

Originally posted by Shaay View Post
    My husband is from Egypt and we do almost exactly the same thing except we don't use the tomato sauce. We also usually have this when I boil a chicken and use the stock from that to make the soup. When we mash up the garlic with the coriander, we add a little bit of salt if the chicken stock didn't have enough to taste. The garlic and coriander has to be fried but I always have to make sure I am watching it close to make sure it doesn't get too brown and burn. I agree it has a slimy sort of texture when it is finished but it is so so good. We actually have it in most normal grocery stores in Canada not just in the Middle Eastern ones. I have learned to make it from my husband but when we go back to visit his family and his mom makes it, it is so much better. She is a wonderful cook.
    The tomato sauce adds to the flavour but doesn't change the colour of the Molookhia

Leave a comment:

• Shaay
    replied

My husband is from Egypt and we do almost exactly the same thing except we don't use the tomato sauce. We also usually have this when I boil a chicken and use the stock from that to make the soup. When we mash up the garlic with the coriander, we add a little bit of salt if the chicken stock didn't have enough to taste. The garlic and coriander has to be fried but I always have to make sure I am watching it close to make sure it doesn't get too brown and burn. I agree it has a slimy sort of texture when it is finished but it is so so good. We actually have it in most normal grocery stores in Canada not just in the Middle Eastern ones. I have learned to make it from my husband but when we go back to visit his family and his mom makes it, it is so much better. She is a wonderful cook.

Leave a comment:

• Fake Arab
    replied

امممم، لذيذ

mmmm, tasty!

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Zakaria
    replied

Omggg!!! If all the way from niger &nigeria and we eat that, subhanallah, i thought malookhia was a west african dish. Look how islam unites!

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    started a topic Corchorus soup(Molookhia) ملوخية

Corchorus soup(Molookhia) ملوخية

Corchorus is a well known Egyptian traditional dish served with chicken or rabbits or shrimps (my recipe).

-Two packets of frozen Corchorus
    -1 1/2 litreof chicken soup
    - One table spoon of tomato sauce
    - Four cloves of garlic (minced)
    - 1 tea spoon of salt
    - 1/2 tea spoon of coriander powder

Know how

-Add the two packets of frozen corchorus to the boiling soup, let it boil uncovered from 20-25 minutes.
    -Add the spoon of tomato sauce to the mixture then let cook for 10 minutes.
    -Then prepare the additive which we call (Ta'leea تقلية ), fry the garlic with coriander powder with two tea spoon of vegetable oil until they have a brownish gold color.
    -Then Add it to the Molokhia
    -then add the salt.

At the end it must have a gooey texture.

(its not my picture i hijacked it but it must look like that)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image445.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	10781118
Working...
X