Dream: The Purest of Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream: The Purest of Water

I had a weird dream that I could use help with.

I'm on a stone sand colored platform near the ocean surrounded by two giant floating bearded heads. One with the black Ayatollah turban, and one with the red Al Azhar cap. Every time a ask a question with the intention of following traditional scholarship I get two answers, one a literal instruction based upon the text and the historical implementation, and the other a loose interpretation based on the modern context and the original intention. The heads never agree, and I am always left in the middle with no direction. Frustrated, I move past the heads to the Quran itself, but find that the pages are not filled with words, but with light, which I cannot read. Still frustrated, I ask Allah, show me who can read this? When a man appears on the far side of the platform, walking up steps that lead down to the ocean. He is dressed in white, white a white turban. The same light, shining from his head. In the dream I think of the biography of Imam Nawawi, but nothing in the dream factually indicated this was him. I asked him, how do I read this? and he said, "First drink only the purest water. Then eat only the purest food. Then contemplate only the purest media."

I laid awake for a long time trying to figure out how to drink completely pure water, not only chemically pure, but also morally pure. Thinking of Imam Nawawi’s personal prohibition of any food harvested from land owned in riba. I was left with the subjective feeling that the dream was an instruction to pull further out of the riba system. To be clear, I have no debt and pay no riba, but I feel like the system itself is “the dust of riba.” But other’s have suggested the three instructions may have been metaphorical.

Any thoughts?

Re: Dream: The Purest of Water

The Dreams should be told to the one you love and the one who is sheikh, dont share ur dream in public, somebody might harm you from hassed

Salam alaikom

Allah knows best

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimAgorist View Post
      I had a weird dream that I could use help with.

I'm on a stone sand colored platform near the ocean surrounded by two giant floating bearded heads. One with the black Ayatollah turban, and one with the red Al Azhar cap. Every time a ask a question with the intention of following traditional scholarship I get two answers, one a literal instruction based upon the text and the historical implementation, and the other a loose interpretation based on the modern context and the original intention. The heads never agree, and I am always left in the middle with no direction. Frustrated, I move past the heads to the Quran itself, but find that the pages are not filled with words, but with light, which I cannot read. Still frustrated, I ask Allah, show me who can read this? When a man appears on the far side of the platform, walking up steps that lead down to the ocean. He is dressed in white, white a white turban. The same light, shining from his head. In the dream I think of the biography of Imam Nawawi, but nothing in the dream factually indicated this was him. I asked him, how do I read this? and he said, "First drink only the purest water. Then eat only the purest food. Then contemplate only the purest media."

I laid awake for a long time trying to figure out how to drink completely pure water, not only chemically pure, but also morally pure. Thinking of Imam Nawawi’s personal prohibition of any food harvested from land owned in riba. I was left with the subjective feeling that the dream was an instruction to pull further out of the riba system. To be clear, I have no debt and pay no riba, but I feel like the system itself is “the dust of riba.” But other’s have suggested the three instructions may have been metaphorical.

Any thoughts?
      sister, the pure water and pure food are metaphorical. I dont know what you mean by "media" but I am assuming the following:

the whole dream is showing you that you cannot use your head to find the truth only, which is why you were in disagreement between the heads at first and then you could not read Qur'an cos you cannot read Qur'an with your head.

Second, when the good messenger taught you, that in order to 'read' or understand Qur'an you need to use your heart, but first you need to purify your heart, so eating pure food and pure water means do not harm people at all even in thoughts or actions, think well of people, love them, do not watch haram things, do not hang around haram company, so I would even venture as far to say that pure water means purifying your inner thoughts desires etc, and pure food is purifying your environment you are in....after a while of doing this and being resolved into sticking to this, your heart will start to become purer and purer and then you will be given understanding with which you can understand the Qur'an

I dont know what you mean by media, but I am assuming, only contemplate on the good parts of Islam do not go and pick out some hadith wich disturbs you and then ponder over it, go and ponder over the things which give you peace and mercy

i believe this is what is refering to
      " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
      Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Originally posted by abu_bakr View Post
        The Dreams should be told to the one you love and the one who is sheikh, dont share ur dream in public, somebody might harm you from hassed

Salam alaikom

Allah knows best
        Asalamu Alaikum

Best advice. You deserve some rep :-)

Comment

I am male, just to be clear. That's a poor translation of the instruction really. I really feel like it wasn't english, or even human language that was communicated. But the instructions conveyed that these were progressive steps. That it was meant to replace my diet, not drink or eat one time. And "contemplate only the purest media" also meant something like "think the purest thoughts" it was like... the same way you put food in your body, you put information in your mind. If that makes sense.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have found a scholar in my community who knows more about this and I'm planning on seeing him soon.

Comment

Working...
          X