Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of others

Asalaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullah,

As we start preparing for Ramadhan, in our comfortable homes, with plenty of food and drink to hand (alhamdulillah) , there are others experiencing loss upon loss.

Rafah Refugee camp in the Gaza Strip Palestine has been devastated. The Israeli military has bulldozed and blown-up hundreds of houses, and the poor refugee families are on the streets with nothing. :(

The British Muslim charity Islamic Relief was one of the first on the scene to help, early last week, so check out the photographs on their site:

http://www.Islamic-Relief.com

Subhan'Allah, the destruction is terrible! Please remember our Palestinian brothers and sisters in your duas.

Wasalaam

Yasmina
    Please Re-update your Signature

Yasmina: "As we start preparing for Ramadhan, in our comfortable homes, with plenty of food and drink to hand..."

That's exactly what I suspected. Ramadan is, in fact, a month of overeating! Why then all this talk about fasting?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=24494

Comment

You are only allowed to eat during the night, but its no eating from sunrise to sundown.

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
        Yasmina: "As we start preparing for Ramadhan, in our comfortable homes, with plenty of food and drink to hand..."

That's exactly what I suspected. Ramadan is, in fact, a month of overeating! Why then all this talk about fasting?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=24494
        well when you are preparing for it that means it hasnt started yet innit else you wouldnt be preparing for it you would just be doing it :)

but jazakallahu khayrun yaa yasmina - a good reminder. inshallah they will b in ma duaas
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Kohr-Ah
          You are only allowed to eat during the night, but its no eating from sunrise to sundown.
          That's exactly what I have understood, too. No wonder, some Muslims travel to the very north, when they want to have some fun.

I may not be able to give you any links, but I have experienced some personally.

I am not complaining. It's their business.

Comment

Yeah, I know, its good to be living in the north, long dark winters and a shorth bright summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohr-Ah
              Yeah, I know, its good to be living in the north, long dark winters and a shorth bright summer.
              Particularly at this time of the year, I'd love to live in the south. But I have all the options open, not confined to religions! Incidentally, we all enjoy the same amount of sunshine, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Justcurious
                But I have all the options open, not confined to religions!
                Religion does not confine one to a north/south pole.

Be careful of misinterpreting what someone has said.
                What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

No I like living in the north, because I like the colder weather, there are no other reasons, nothing to do with anything else.

Comment

Interesting
                    [I]i don't want to die without any scars. -[/I] tyler durden, fight club

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X