Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attributes of A Martyr( you will hope to be one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attributes of A Martyr( you will hope to be one)

It is narrated by ‘Al Miqdam Ibn Ma’dikarib that prophet Mohamed pbuh said a martyr has six attributes Given by Allah:

1.He is forgiven from sins with the first drops of blood,

2.he views his seat in Paradise,

3.he will be secured from the grave torment and hereafter fright,

4.He will be dressed with the garment of faith,

5.He will marry ‘Al Hũr ‘al ‘een,

6.He will intercede on behalf of 70 of his relatives.

Sunan Ibn Majah

حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَعِيلُ بْنُ عَيَّاشٍ حَدَّثَنِي بَحِيرُ بْنُ سَعْدٍ عَنْ خَالِدِ بْنِ مَعْدَانَ عَنْ الْمِقْدَامِ بْنِ مَعْدِيكَرِبَعَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ لِلشَّهِيدِ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ سِتُّ خِصَالٍ يَغْفِرُ لَهُ فِي أَوَّلِ دُفْعَةٍ مِنْ دَمِهِ وَيُرَى مَقْعَدَهُ مِنْ الْجَنَّةِ وَيُجَارُ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ وَيَأْمَنُ مِنْ الْفَزَعِ الْأَكْبَرِ وَيُحَلَّى حُلَّةَ الْإِيمَانِ وَيُزَوَّجُ مِنْ الْحُورِ الْعِينِ وَيُشَفَّعُ فِي سَبْعِينَ إِنْسَانًا مِنْ أَقَارِبِهِ سنن بن ماجه
    Last edited by Abu Jaffar; 21-02-10, 11:39 PM.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Re: Attributes of A Martyr( you will hope to be one)

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

ما شاء الله، بارك الله لك

أسأل الله أن يجعلنا من الشهداء

آمين
    The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

i want to be a martyr so bad and get a ticket out of torture in the grave.
      Our lives aint even worth that much anyways!
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

:jkk:

one question I have been wanting to get answered,

are these 7 blessings only for the martyr killed on the battlefield?

there are many other deaths considered as matyrdom, like death during childbirth, death whilst in defence of ones family, property etc..

what is the difference in terms of reward for these deaths as opposed to matyrdom on the battlefield, I am assuming it is not the same?

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Comment

Originally posted by ♥Hafsah♥ View Post
          are these 7 blessings...
          Seven?
          The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

Originally posted by ♥Hafsah♥ View Post

one question I have been wanting to get answered,

are these 7 blessings only for the martyr killed on the battlefield?

it is six.
            In the hadith it states that "with the first drops of blood" which refers to the mrtyr of Battlefield.

there are many other deaths considered as matyrdom, like death during childbirth, death whilst in defence of ones family, property etc..

what is the difference in terms of reward for these deaths as opposed to matyrdom on the battlefield, I am assuming it is not the same?
            No it is not the same as martyrs in Jannah have different ranks, As prophet mohamed pbuh was asked once who to bury first from the martyrs of 'uhud he said the most knowledgeable with quran, but the other categories are martyrs also
            islamway

Comment

ok thanks

Originally posted by Guy View Post
              Seven?
              yeah I thought it was 7 and
              that the protection from the punishment of the grave
              and the protection from the terror of the say of judgement are counted as two separate blessings?
              but the hadith posted says 6, so I must be wrong, my mistake

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

ما شاء الله، بارك الله لك

أسأل الله أن يجعلنا من الشهداء

آمين
                آمين

Great to see you again guy.

جزاكم الله خيرا
                islamway

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                    آمين

Great to see you again guy.

جزاكم الله خيرا
                    وإياكم

ما شاء الله, you, too--I was very pleased to see you post--and then الحمد لله, Allah made me even more pleased when I saw the content of your post!

أحبك الله

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                      i want to be a martyr so bad and get a ticket out of torture in the grave.
                      Our lives aint even worth that much anyways!
                      So is this where people post in the hope of being contacted by some dodgy bloke in Pakistan? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tread Softly View Post
                        So is this where people post in the hope of being contacted by some dodgy bloke in Pakistan? ;)
                        you have to watch less of cnn and fox
                        islamway

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                          you have to watch less of cnn and fox
                          Don't watch either. But I do read this forum.

Comment

Volume 1, Book 2, Number 35:
                            • Narrated Abu Huraira:
                              The Prophet said, "The person who participates in (Holy battles) in Allah's cause and nothing compels him to do so except belief in Allah and His Apostles, will be recompensed by Allah either with a reward, or booty (if he survives) or will be admitted to Paradise (if he is killed in the battle as a martyr). Had I not found it difficult for my followers, then I would not remain behind any sariya going for Jihad and I would have loved to be martyred in Allah's cause and then made alive, and then martyred and then made alive, and then again martyred in His cause."
                            • Sahih Al Bukhari
                            islamway

Comment

One of the astonishing things about martyrs is the way they smile after they are killed.
                              islamway

Comment

Working...
                              X