were moving to america...but where in americas good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were moving to america...but where in americas good

los angeles (west state ) - high crime rate (bit like london)..beaches..nice weather....hollywood..they get hurricanes though....which part in los angeles would be more suitable....long beach or up morth?
    new york (east state) - 4 seasons weather (like london)...no hurricanes or earthquakes...statue of liberty...a new 1 world trade center is being built and should be completed by 2013...where would be better for asian families brooklyn or queens??
    me my brother are going to live there with family at new jersey (east state)...new york is right next to new jersey so more likely
    what are the law differences in both..in america different states have different laws...thats pretty silly...here the same law for england and scotland..and their not even states their countries lol
    my uncle said someting about citizenships...u need one if you intend to get a job in america ...does that mean ill have 2 passports ?
    made a poll...now i have a reason to come back!!!!!!!!
    los angeles
    71.43%
    new york
    28.57%
    Last edited by typing it; 17-02-10, 01:38 AM. Reason: polll

Re: were moving to america...but where in americas good

I'm not quite sure what you mean--you say you and your brother will be going to live in New Jersey with family, so isn't the case already settled that you'll be in NJ rather than California (Los Angeles)?

Anyway, both New York City and Los Angeles have high crime rates (I am almost certain it is much higher than that of London). Anyway, there are so many things to list, but long story short, between those two, I would choose Los Angeles.
    The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarreling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4782)

Comment

im from the L.A area

i would say the southbay area/ orange county areas are pretty nice and not super crime filled

Comment

orange county? isnt that for super rich O.C type people?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

that depends on where in the county you live :)
          if he stays in north orange county
          anaheim , fullerton , irvine he should be okay with pricing its to expensive to be called the ghetto but not to bad if hes spliting rent

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
          orange county? isnt that for super rich O.C type people?

Comment

stay away from Michigan, very bad economic times in Michigan.

Comment

Wyoming, where the famous Natonal Park called Yellowstone is located. You get to see those animals, bears and beautiful nature:o if you need halal meat, then you can hunt for a buffalo, deer, etc. those halal animals:o

Comment

Compton Lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                  I'm not quite sure what you mean--you say you and your brother will be going to live in New Jersey with family, so isn't the case already settled that you'll be in NJ rather than California (Los Angeles)?
                  That's what I was thinking, it's confusing.
                  قال بعض السلف :
                  خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Comment

LA seems much nicer than NY to me (mainly the weather really :p NY was tooo freezing 4 me but only been in winter, seemed colder than london though)
                    so personally id prefer la but theres a lot of Muslims in both so either wd be ok 4 that
                    but if u have family in NJ makes more sense to be close to them
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

chicago is where its at! largest muslim population in the states, hurricane and earthquake free alhamdulillah....only thing is it gets cold in the winter with snow, but thats not a big deal...plus it doesnt have that extra-large and crowded feel like LA and NY...it's just right and a beautiful city at that alhamdulillah :)
                      o yea and chicago also has the most 'ulama than any other place in the states alhamdulillah
                      Last edited by attalib84; 17-02-10, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I've lived in Miami, Orland, Chicago, New York, and California, and NEW YORK is THE best.

I cannot stand California for anything in the world. The financial situation here is one of the worst in the country. There are no jobs, and people are getting forclosed on left and right. I work at a mortgage company so I know everyones situation here in California. Dont dont dont dont move to California. New York is so diverse, a lot of Muslims, more job oppurtunity, and people are MUCH friendlier than they are here in California.
                        Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them
                        :love:

Comment

Originally posted by typing it View Post
                          los angeles (west state ) - high crime rate (bit like london)..beaches..nice weather....hollywood..they get hurricanes though....which part in los angeles would be more suitable....long beach or up morth?
                          new york (east state) - 4 seasons weather (like london)...no hurricanes or earthquakes...statue of liberty...a new 1 world trade center is being built and should be completed by 2013...where would be better for asian families brooklyn or queens??
                          me my brother are going to live there with family at new jersey (east state)...new york is right next to new jersey so more likely
                          what are the law differences in both..in america different states have different laws...thats pretty silly...here the same law for england and scotland..and their not even states their countries lol
                          my uncle said someting about citizenships...u need one if you intend to get a job in america ...does that mean ill have 2 passports ?
                          made a poll...now i have a reason to come back!!!!!!!!
                          Queens has the largest "asian" (if you mean like pakistani, indian, bengali etc) community in New York. The area of Queens that has the most of them is called Jackson Heights.
                          Last edited by Islamiyyah; 17-02-10, 07:21 PM.
                          Allah the Almighty has laid down religious duties, so do not neglect them. He has set boundaries, so do not over step them. He has prohibited some things, so do not violate them; about some things He was silent-out of compassion for you, not forgetfulness, so seek not after them

Comment

Originally posted by disneydiva21 View Post
                            im from the L.A area

i would say the southbay area/ orange county areas are pretty nice and not super crime filled
                            Yes but they are extremely expensive. If you live in California, you KNOW the financial situation here. California is one of the states with the most foreclosures. And the highest unemployment. The NUMI factory in Fremont, CA is being shut down, one of the largest auto making companies in the US. I have clients who are being let go April 1st who have been working there for 20+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Deen commited View Post
                              Compton Lol...
                              what what!!!! *throws up a made up gang sign*

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X