Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entertainment in a Sharia state

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

    alsro not everything is segregated, like you would beable to go with your husband and kids and book a private tennis court and play tennis, or go out for a meal with your husband, they would have screens, or do things together as a family.....

    what about amusement parks? is that haram, like funfair rides and stuff?

    Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

      Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
      off course its restricted you cannot go on pornography or vile or violent websites . this should be done to preotect the public from evil.
      books such as Harry potter and their like would not be allowed in a sharia state as the book contains magic books that contain aldultry or fornication would not be allowed .
      Saudi Arabia has to be the most hypocritical country who is always in a state of Denial.

      I've lived there half my life and was exposed to so many sins its unbelievable. Getting a porn cd is easier than getting water, getting drugs is a piece of cake and getting a hooker is a piece of pie. Lived in Riyad, the capital and we were in high school yet we knew all this stuff. People going on dates is ordinary (illegal though) and pre-marital sex is way more common than you'd think.

      It is so unfortunate that they have twisted Islam in such a way and if not for the world's best cities (Makkah and Madinah) and the amazing food and family, I wouldnt ever go back to that place ever.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

        Yes I have family who have spent time in Saudi Arabia and they have said the same thing, and a lot more besides. But I don't wish to make this a thread about Saudi A! There seems to be a difference in opinion about music, I tend to think that the more pious/literal interpretation of sharia would prevail in a sharia state so I would tend to believe those who say there would be no music at all.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

          Originally posted by Tread Softly View Post
          Okey thanks. So (segregated) sports are good. Would full internet usage be allowed or would it be restricted like China? I don't know if Saudi's internet use is restricted I'm afraid.
          It is, but very inconsistently. Mostly the stuff that's censored is anti Islam sites, deviant sect sites (e.g. hadeeth rejectors etc) and pornography (or anything deemed to be such due to too little clothing even if they weren't intended as such, e.g. sites selling swimwear) - however a lot of sites that should be censored escape censorship and sometimes whole sites are wrongly censored, e.g. photobucket was censored for a while, cause they censored the whole site rather than just specific pages where people had posted pornographic clips - however that has been rectified now.
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

          [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

            Originally posted by Tread Softly View Post
            So no country at the moment has a form of government that comes close to fully implementing sharia principles.

            If such a country did come into being, what forms of entertainment would it have?

            Would there be music, poetry, movies (homegrown? western? bollywood?), internet (restricted?), computer games, card games, dancing, feasts, family get-togethers, political discussions, reading (what books?)? Would there be any form of entertainment that would be allowed for men but not for women?

            I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about entertainment in Islam...... here is a classic example...... after Hamas were elected as the government in Gaza, they were accused by many western media sources of "banning belly dancing" - all the feminist journalists went on a rant about how terrible this was and how belly dancing is good for women

            HOWEVER - the reality is that they did not actually ban belly dancing - they banned and closed down venues where women were PAID to belly dance for the pleasure of the paying male guests - i.e. the Palestinian equivalent of lap dancing clubs. Women belly dancing among other women, and belly dancing for their husbands in private, was not banned at all. Which just shows how the media likes to twist things around...... the feminists should have been cheering, seeing as feminism (at least the kind my mum was into in the 70's) is ardently anti lapdancing and anti all other forms of exploitation of women.

            Another example, westerners are often harshly critical of Iran for not allowing women to go and watch football games....... actually the reailty is that MEN are not allowed to watch WOMENS football games, and women are not allowed to watch mens football games. Iran actually has an excellent thriving women's football league, but you won't see any of the matches televised. they take place in women only environments so the women can play football without having to wear abayas and headscarves.

            Going through your list:

            music: there would be nasheeds - which is singing and drums with no other musical instruments - here's an example of one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IILr...C185A4&index=1 and another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGRyd...C185A4&index=0

            poetry: yes, why not, of course the lyrics must not promote haram things but no reason not to have poetry

            movies: yep, they're okay but they must not promote haram things

            internet: yes that's okay, but it would be restricted to prevent pornography and other exploitative things

            computer games: yep, why not, so long as they don't promote haram things

            card games: probably not, certainly no gambling games, but stuff like uno and snap maybe that's okay

            dancing: amongst family, between married people, and in single sex groups dancing is okay..... see the comment above about Hamas's "ban" on belly dancing

            feasts and family get togethers: of course these are allowed! nothing wrong with them, where non mahrams are invovled there would be gender segregation, e.g. men in one place women in another

            political discussions: yep, and no worries about intelligence agencies deciding you are a terrorist and raiding your home or jailing you for several years just because you have certain opinions about who is right and who is wrong in various conflicts around the world

            reading: I don't think there would be a lot of censorship of books, some books would be censored, like salman rushdie's pile of garbage.

            forms of entertainment that are allowed for men but not women: no, although there would be more security around women's entertainment. cause women are more vulnerable to exploitation than men are, and because women have to cover up much more in front of men, than men do in front of women (the amount of covering up in single gender environments is the same for men and women)
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

            [SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

              Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
              poetry: yes, why not, of course the lyrics must not promote haram things but no reason not to have poetry
              You are right, I only wanted to add that the proof that poetry is OK is that Prophet pbuh had a poet Hassan ibn Thabet, and that even a Poet called Kaab ibn Zoheir recited a love poem in front of the Prophet and he didn't complain.
              Last edited by islam2009; 28-02-10, 04:27 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

                Originally posted by eraser View Post
                Saudi Arabia has to be the most hypocritical country who is always in a state of Denial.

                I've lived there half my life and was exposed to so many sins its unbelievable. Getting a porn cd is easier than getting water, getting drugs is a piece of cake and getting a hooker is a piece of pie. Lived in Riyad, the capital and we were in high school yet we knew all this stuff. People going on dates is ordinary (illegal though) and pre-marital sex is way more common than you'd think.

                It is so unfortunate that they have twisted Islam in such a way and if not for the world's best cities (Makkah and Madinah) and the amazing food and family, I wouldnt ever go back to that place ever.
                Donot generalise , There are good and bad everywhere .Its not that there is pornography , fornication , alcohol , drugs is at every street corner though it exists and some of the Cops are unfit to hunt them down . Yet we have the Mutawwah who are sincere in their duty .

                If one had to go by records then the Taliban rule over Afghanistan pre-9/11 is by far the best example of an Ideal Islamic state in the past 60 years .

                Things seemed to be going well and there was a hope that the military successes of the Taliban against the Northern alliance would also convert to economic success , but the 9/11 conspiracy by the west held it back .

                Inshallah we shall see the return of the Taliban rule in Afghanistan and this movement is likely to influence Pakistan and central Asia hopefully every Muslim country .
                Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

                I
                deal System of Living for All Mankind .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Entertainment in a Sharia state

                  Originally posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
                  Donot generalise , There are good and bad everywhere .Its not that there is pornography , fornication , alcohol , drugs is at every street corner though it exists and some of the Cops are unfit to hunt them down . Yet we have the Mutawwah who are sincere in their duty .

                  If one had to go by records then the Taliban rule over Afghanistan pre-9/11 is by far the best example of an Ideal Islamic state in the past 60 years .

                  Things seemed to be going well and there was a hope that the military successes of the Taliban against the Northern alliance would also convert to economic success , but the 9/11 conspiracy by the west held it back .

                  Inshallah we shall see the return of the Taliban rule in Afghanistan and this movement is likely to influence Pakistan and central Asia hopefully every Muslim country .
                  You know what brother? I'm not generalising because it is so easy to have access to all those thing I mentioned above, and this was years ago. The Muttawah community, some are really good some are really bad, many are sincere and many are quite downright crazy which is unfortunate.

                  If Afghanistan is an example of an ideal Islamic state pre or post 9/11 then I am willing to leave Islam this moment. Alhamdulillaah I know what Islam is and isnt. Things seemed to be going well in Afghanistan? please elaborate on that and I can give you a 100 examples of how it was anything but inhumane. I dont agree with the war, but the I'm glad the Taliban is in less power than before , it sure is is one freaky group of lunatics

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X