X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me! Muslim tourists in London...

Assalam Alaikum,

I hope you are all well InshaAllah!
    Maybe this question has already been posted, but there were too many pages to check.
    I'm from France, and my friend and I decided to visit london in september. You're probably thinking "but you still ave time!"...Hermm yes, but we don't like doing things in a rush and prefer to be organized lol.
    Anyway, both of us are students and as you know, we're not rich lol. We went threw many sites (b&b, youth hostels, hotels...) but we didn't find a good place in the heart of london or close to, clean and cheap, and secure for 2 muslim girls (am I asking too much??).
    A friend of mine suggested me to look for a muslim hotel or b&b, I googled it...disapointement.
    That's why I'm posting. I need your help.
    Do you know any islamic center or hotel, or any place that could fit us? We're planning to stay 3 nights in London and we don't know anyone there. Please help us.

Jazakumu Allahu khairan
    Aicha

Re: Help me! Muslim tourists in London...

Originally posted by aicha.ze View Post
    Assalam Alaikum,

I hope you are all well InshaAllah!
    Maybe this question has already been posted, but there were too many pages to check.
    I'm from France, and my friend and I decided to visit london in september. You're probably thinking "but you still ave time!"...Hermm yes, but we don't like doing things in a rush and prefer to be organized lol.
    Anyway, both of us are students and as you know, we're not rich lol. We went threw many sites (b&b, youth hostels, hotels...) but we didn't find a good place in the heart of london or close to, clean and cheap, and secure for 2 muslim girls (am I asking too much??).
    A friend of mine suggested me to look for a muslim hotel or b&b, I googled it...disapointement.
    That's why I'm posting. I need your help.
    Do you know any islamic center or hotel, or any place that could fit us? We're planning to stay 3 nights in London and we don't know anyone there. Please help us.

Jazakumu Allahu khairan
    Aicha
    W'Salaam,
    This place is right above a Masjid and is run by the people who run the Masjid:

http://www.almuntadatrust.org/home/i...d=32&Itemid=48

I think Sisters are quite wary about who they meet off here (rightly so) if you aren't someone who is already well known.

Hope this helps.

Ma'salaam
    Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
    http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Wa alaikum salam,

Barakalahufik, thank you so much!

Comment

There is easyhotel (from easyjet) it is cheap but clean and tiny lol. There is one hotel in Paddington if i remember
        My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername :o
        Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

Its haram to travel without a mahram and i would advise you not to come to london on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
            Its haram to travel without a mahram and i would advise you not to come to london on your own.
            good advice

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but I already came to UK on my own. No Mahrem could travel with me and I'm not gonna wait to get married to travel.

Comment

Asalaamolaykum, it doesn't really matter were you stay in london as the tube will take you everywhere. i would advise you to visit another muslim country instead as you will end up losing a lot of money in london cos the prices are ridiculous high for everything and the fact the pound is a strong currency. i am going istanbul very soon and i think that would be a good holiday. anyway, if you do decide to come then feel free to ask anything.
                From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

I will go to Turkey with my family this summer InshaAllah. But going to a muslim country like turkey or egypt etc... is expensive for me. I mean, the eurostar to London is about 60 euros, going to Turkey or any other place will be expensive lol. But I'd be glad if you could share your tips.

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
                    Yea tell that also to some sisters who are married but have irresponsible husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                      Yea tell that also to some sisters who are married but have irresponsible husband.
                      lol. what's wrong with you lately? did someone forget to pay the gas bills or something.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                        lol. what's wrong with you lately? did someone forget to pay the gas bills or something.
                        Yes and I think I'm starting to like that swarthy and dashing Orang Utan from Oxford bye bye to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                          Lol you're speaking my mind. I too don't have any mahram with me and it is not only for a short time but a fact of my life, i stayed alone in London for one year.
                          Actually i don't find London that expensive i was surprised.
                          Like the OP i'm from France, and it's cheaper for us to go to London because the currency is weaker to euro.
                          Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

which currency is weaker to Euro? You mean British Pound?
                            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Yes, especially last year i think now it is better for the pound but it is still a bit weaker than the euro.
                              I found that the choices are many in UK to save money for example the one pound stores, primark etc..., the food is cheaper also. The only thing that hurts is maybe the public transports tickets lol, but still you have off peaks tickets which are nice.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X